• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X2 vs Reloaded (may eventually spoilers)

Which did you like more?

• X2

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • The Matrix: Reloaded

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • They are both equally good

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • They both sucked

Votes: 1 2.2%

Gunslinger

First Post
Which did you like more, and why?

I have to say Reloaded, because the Burly Brawl scene and the freeway chase were simply amazing.

Originally I would've said X2, because I came out of X2 cheering, whereas I left The Matrix Reloaded a little underwhelmed because the crowd was not as eager. X2 is more immediately fun, and dang, Wolverine with those claws and stabbity stabbity STABBITY STABBITY!!!!!!!!!!! Hee heh heh heee!

Um, yes. He was vicious, and that was cool. The movie was a lot easier to get into and have fun with, because . . . well, there was a villain. The Matrix Reloaded didn't have a real villain per se (as opposed to Smith as villain in the first one).

However, having read the thread on this board talking about the possible meanings and different ways to go for the Matrix, I must say I'm starting to really enjoy it. I want to go see it again with a cute lady, so maybe the rave scene would be more enticing, rather than just a long clip from Girls Gone Wild (I went with five other guys, so I couldn't really say I enjoyed that scene a whole lot).

However, a second watch-through would probably be fun. I wish they could've gotten the CG a little better for the fake Neo and Smiths, and I wish he'd been breaking Smith teeth and such, but it was still really fun to watch. Now I wanna run a Matrix adventure, and I hadn't before, so at least the movie accomplished that. :) It was really fun.

So . . . ultimately, I liked them both, and I want to see them both again. Too bad Jessica doesn't get back from Savannah until June. *sigh*

Welverin

First Post
I went with Reloaded, because despite occasionally thinking of seeing X-men 2 again I can't muster any interest in actually doing so. Reloaded I have seen twice already and it's just about guaranteed I'll see it again.

fba827

Adventurer
I am about to speak what will no doubt be sacriledge, but I actually have no interest in seeing Matrix: Reloaded.
And, not that X2 was a perfect film it did keep me entertained for the time being so that makes it good in my book.

Soooo... X2 would be the better of the two for me. (since I can't get myself to even see the other) :)

(As for why not a Matrix fan? I don't know, just didn't do it for me -- I know, I am wierd and probably need to give up my Geek membership card now.)

Edited: Added more clarifications

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
fba827 said:
(As for why not a Matrix fan? I don't know, just didn't do it for me -- I know, I am wierd and probably need to give up my Geek membership card now.)

Hand it over so I can rip it up.

John Crichton

First Post
X2. That was my initial thought right after seeing Reloaded. I had a ton of fun watching X2 and I was a little underwhelmed by Reloaded. I want to see both again, tho. :)

IceBear

Explorer
So far I've seen X2 twice and while I will see Reloaded, it's not a big priority for me (don't really know why, but it isn't). From the various threads I've read on GoneGold, seems that a lot of people were disappointed or underwhelmed with Reloaded, and I expect that'll be the case for me too.

IceBear

Ysgarran

X2 was fun and I did enjoy it but less than 10 minutes after I left the theater there wasn't very much to talk about. OK, maybe we'll see the Dark Phoenix storyline explored. Maybe I'll see the next one when it comes out or maybe I'll just wait for the video.

With the Matrix Reloaded has been a great topic of conversation for me and my friends. It has moved from the idea of the rogue AI programs, to the book 'Snow Crash', to Gibson's novels. We've had a lot of fun speculating what is going to happen in the next movie.

I plan to pick up a couple of books just because I want to see what other people have to say about the Matrix:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/081269502X/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/104-8323766-2312723

Ysgarran.

ghettognome

First Post
I went with X2 without a doubt. I saw that one twice and it is even better the second time (if that was even possible). The effects and flow of the movie was so well done.

As far as Reloaded. I left there disappointed. I agree that some of the scenes were well done Like the freeway scene, but the story was just not there. And agreeably the movie did make for good discussion afterwards, but even if the movie does have a more in depth meaning, this movie made very little move at making one interested in the movie the first viewing. The Neo and Trinity thing was pointless, it didn't add to the plot in any way and no purpose but to add a sex scene. It wasn't even intense in the way a love scene should be. It reminded me of how bad Star Wars did their love scenes :)

Petrosian

First Post
MAtrix Reloaded: Perhaps the best kung fu movie i have ever seen, although its hard to judge it vs CTHD until i pull out that DVD. I know several scenes led me to think "wow, just like in CTHD" during the film. MR did not keep me in the movie much at all. Its ending was abrupt, not exciting. It left me thinking "thats it?" not "wow, whens the next one"

X2: In the past 2 decades i have paid movie prices to see a film in theaters more than once only twice. i saw LOTR:FotR twice. I have now seen X2 three times. it worked on so many levels.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads