• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Xanathar's Guide to Everything: What subclasses made the cut?

GarrettKP

Explorer
Glamour Bard
Forge Cleric
Dreams Druid
Cavalier, Samurai, Arcane Archer Fighters
Horizon Walker, Monster Slayer Rangers
Inquisitive Rogue
Shadow, Divine Soul Sorcerer
Celestial Warlock

Confirmed Subclasses. If we include the Hascon Previews, Scout, and the Revised UAs that have been released we get this list:

Ancestral Guardian Barbarian
Glamour, Swords Bards
Forge Cleric
Dreams, Sheppard Druids
Kensai, Drunken Master Monks
Conquest, Redemption Paladins
Inquisitive, Scout Rogues
Celestial, Hexblade Warlock

That is 21. Maybe throw in Deep Stalker and Theurgist for 23 (both have been in multiple UA so have a good chance being here). That would leave 4 spots: 1 Barbarian, 1 Cleric, 2 wild cards. My guess would be another 2 of the following 3: Bard, Druid or Sorcerer.

gyor

Legend
Glamour Bard
Forge Cleric
Dreams Druid
Inquisitive Rogue
Celestial Warlock

Confirmed Subclasses. If we include the Hascon Previews, Scout, and the Revised UAs that have been released we get this list:

Glamour, Swords Bards
Forge Cleric
Dreams, Sheppard Druids

That is 21. Maybe throw in Deep Stalker and Theurgist for 23 (both have been in multiple UA so have a good chance being here). That would leave 4 spots: 1 Barbarian, 1 Cleric, 2 wild cards. My guess would be another 2 of the following 3: Bard, Druid or Sorcerer.

I think you really nailed it, I don't expect any major deviations from your list.

GarrettKP

Explorer
I think you really nailed it, I don't expect any major deviations from your list.

Well my original prediction was quite off. I had 29 in and did not include Shadow Sorcerer, Monster Slayer Ranger or Samurai Fighter. I have been updating my predictions (and my original post) as new info drops. So don't give me too much credit lol

gyor

Legend
Well my original prediction was quite off. I had 29 in and did not include Shadow Sorcerer, Monster Slayer Ranger or Samurai Fighter. I have been updating my predictions (and my original post) as new info drops. So don't give me too much credit lol

I predicted 28 so a little closer then you on that, but I not only didn't the Samurai, Slayer, or Shadow Soeceror, but I also didn't predict the Glamour Bard getting in.

Glamour Bard
Forge Cleric
Dreams Druid
Inquisitive Rogue
Celestial Warlock

Glamour, Swords Bards
Forge Cleric
Dreams, Sheppard Druids

Your list does not include any guess at a Wizard sub-class. Crawford only said that it was the only class not getting at least two. He did not say it would not get any at all. So one of those wild cards should be a Wizard sub-class.

gyor

Legend
Your list does not include any guess at a Wizard sub-class. Crawford only said that it was the only class not getting at least two. He did not say it would not get any at all. So one of those wild cards should be a Wizard sub-class.

Reread it, he added Theurge (Wizard) and Deepstalker in the last paragraph for 23 subclasses.

That means most likely Primordial Guardian or Deepstalker is out. Which I don't know.

reasonable odds they publish Deep stalker with the revised ranger, instead of Xanathars, to make it base rules, instead of the 'plus one' for organized play.
They have been issuing it as part of the revised ranger updates, and not with the rest of the more subclasses for splat book ones. its an option they could use to make room in Xanathars for something else.

GarrettKP

Explorer
reasonable odds they publish Deep stalker with the revised ranger, instead of Xanathars, to make it base rules, instead of the 'plus one' for organized play.
They have been issuing it as part of the revised ranger updates, and not with the rest of the more subclasses for splat book ones. its an option they could use to make room in Xanathars for something else.

This is the second time I have heard this today, and it makes no sense to me. This would mean the Deep Stalker can would be reserved solely for the Revised Ranger, which makes no sense.

Remove ads