Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Do you want to heal everyone to full? If so, can you all let me know how much you think you are wounded. It will just take one charge to get Brindom on his feet again.

Whilst Dj'hân uses his wand, and then searches the rat-hole, Mamusia Lela gestures to the captive wererats.

"What do you plan to do with these?" she asks Edmond.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Give them a chance. I'll separate them and ask them same as of the first one. If they behave, we won't come back for them. I'm hoping Brindom can distinguish those so deeply in the clutches of the evil curse they are irredeemable. At worst, I'll take them to trial, but I'm afraid that would just mean quick death.

I'll make them see the wisdom of cooperating with me as their pack leader with agreed upon contact. Hopefuly, there aren't any close relatives that would want revenge.

How are you? Do you know why were you taken? And do you have any other suggestion regarding weres?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom stirs as his health is returned to him. His eyes flutter open and he gasps in pain grasping his shoulder.

"The spell I got to..."
he starts to say before noticing he is lying on the floor. He turns his head to see Dj'hân standing near him, wand in hand and a big grin on his face.

"Thank, thank you Dj'hân." he says slowly trying to rise.

OOC: Current HP please.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mamusia Lela shrugs her shawl over her shoulders.

"I heard this one," she nudges Girrigz's body with her foot, "claim that they could ransom me, I think they have heard that I am well-respected amongst the Varisians, although I am just an old healer and nobody special. But he gloated to me that somebody wanted me out of the way, who I could not say.

"I will agree with whatever you think best for the rats,"
she says to Edmond. "I would think that they should go to see Eries Yelloweyes, who has some better ideas for wererats and humans to get along than this one did. But that is just my opinion."

[sblock=OOC]
First use of wand on Brindom heals 1d8+1 =7 points (it is CL 1st, right?). I'll adjudicate the rest tomorrow.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fully healed Brindom stands silently wondering what he missed as he was out. It looks like the group succeed in rescuing Mamusia Lela without him. And even saved his life.

"I'm sorry I wasn't any help. Maybe I shouldn't be out doing this adventuring stuff." He states embarrassed.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Now, don't you underestimate yourself. You took the hits that would take me down. Therefore, you did more to win then I did. It's only coincidence that I had the weapon that could hurt them.

You did well and bravely. You all did."
Edmond includes the rest of the group in his praise

"Mamusia, there could be some minor bites from the wererats on us. Do you know some way to prevent the curse from taking hold? Let's take you home."

Dr Simon

Explorer
When offered the choice, all the wererats promise to vist Eries and claim that they were misled by Girrigz. You suspect some of them may not be telling the truth, but with their leader dead and their cache of weapons broken up there is little that they can do for now.

Later that same night, the group gathers in Edmond's kitchen to hear what Mamusia Lela has to say whilst she brews up a concoction to help with rat bites. ("This will not be a sure cure but it will help. If you contract the curse, you will need magic to remove it.") Old Jeremiah helps her, although the two merely argue over the correct ingredients.

"When we met before, the young gentleman's Harrowing suggested that there was something I knew that may be important. So I racked my brains for what it might be, and then I realised.

"I asked young Brienna what she had been doin before she got the sickness, and eventually she told me that she had found a chest broken down by the shore. Others had found silver there, spilled from the chest, but by the time Brienna got there she only found a single piece, a fortune still for her, trodden into the mud.

"And so I thought, and I listened. Others too along the river bank had found this silver sent by providence. And I remembered - do you recall the rumours of a ghost ship sailing up the Jeggare? Or some say pirates. But there was truth in the rumours. A ship had tried t sail up the river in the dead of night, and it had been sunk by a catapult shot from the walls. I found people who had seen it for real, and heard that the ship had no-one aboard, and showed a single orange lantern. I asked those who knew. An orange lantern is the sign of a plague ship. I believe this ship may have been the source of the plague, but I cannot be sure. Perhaps within its wreckage there are clues about how to fight this illness. And I can tell you that too, the spot where this ship went down."

Deyanira, the young Varisian woman, gives a polite cough.

"Ah, yes. Young Deyanira here has a problem too, I thought perhaps you young gentlemen might be able to help. Deyanira, explain to the young gentlemen."

"A few days ago my brother was hired by a noble family to play at a ball they were holding - he's a fine musician, and much in demand amongst the gentry. But he didn't come back when he was supposed to. I went to the mansion where he was playing and it was all locked up, and now it's harder for us Varisians to get about the city. The Mamusia said that you knew people in the Guard, perhaps you could find out what happened to him?"

[sblock=OOC]
It takes 14 charges to heal everyone to full, no 1s rolled. Everyone who needs to roll makes their saving throws against lycanthropy and filth fever.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Thank you for your assistance Mamusia Lela," Brindom says taking another sip of the brew she had whipped up. "Your theory about the ship does hold a lot of credit and we could look into it as well as ask about Deyanira's brother in the morning. What do you think Edmond?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases