Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Axel

First Post
Well, that's a good sight more gold than I was expecting...

Semi-final shopping list:
- Swapping MW Rapier for Rapier+1 Bane vs Humans.
- Swapping mithril chain shirt for mithril chain shirt +1.

Buying (6509gp to spend)
- Belt of incredible dexterity +2 (4000gp). I preferred them being gloves, but anyway... Black and supple leather, small silver buckle that looks like a pouncing cat.
- Universal solvent (50 gp)
- 2 smokesticks (40 gp)
- Thunderstone (30 gp)
- 3 sets of clothes (say 5gp each = 15gp)
- 1 set of party clothes (courtier's outfit, 30 gp)
Running-total: 4165gp

Say, spend 200gp on "living large".
Running-total 4365gp

Must upgrade the bathroom at the orphanage. Not sure on the pricing, but fancy stone panels and flagstones are what Mhairi has in mind. Nominal 500 gp?
Running-total 4665gp

Would also like to purchase a small 1-bed apartment near a major gate or the docks, if possible. Unsure on prices 1000 gp??

Character sheet being updated with level 7 and above purchases (excluding renovations and new apartment).

Kaodi

Hero
The incense of meditation is actually worth a crap tonne. Should we sell it (at 4900 gp x 3) or hold on to it in case we ever have another memorization divine spellcaster?

Anyway, with the 2500 gp from the Marshall and from fencing enemy equipment 2994 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp, I guess I will go ahead and get my +1 mithral agile breastplate, which costs 5400 gp. For visual purposes let us perhaps say that while it is mithral it is has a brassy coloured enamel. That just leaves 44 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp from that initial sell off, plus 125 gp from selling the shirt I was using. This is almost certainly going to be one of my pieces that I pay to upgrade gradually over the course of the campaign.

Just let me know what my share of the other loot we sell off is and I will add that to my sheet as well. I am guessing the candelabra, skull, the gems, and the rare non-magical incense can all be sold at full price, but I am not sure. If it can, that is equivalent to another 560 gp, 6 sp apiece, I guess. You guys should split all the potions.

And one final question of utmost importance: How much of the wine do we drink, ;) ?

Axel

First Post
The incense of meditation is actually worth a crap tonne. Should we sell it (at 4900 gp x 3) or hold on to it in case we ever have another memorization divine spellcaster?
Sell it. Money in the bank now, new memorisation caster can kill their own self-resurrecting devil-woman.

And one final question of utmost importance: How much of the wine do we drink, ;) ?
All of it!! Mhairi didn't buy a 30gp dress just to keep it in the cupboard. :)

Kaodi

Hero
Sell it. Money in the bank now, new memorisation caster can kill their own self-resurrecting devil-woman.
Then that should be an extra uncontroversial 1837.5 gp apiece we can now add to all of our sheets. Or in my case, 837.5 gp and a +1 bonus to my shield.

All of it!! Mhairi didn't buy a 30gp dress just to keep it in the cupboard. :)
That settles that then, :D .

Dr Simon

Explorer

I have visions of the scene from Black Books,, when Manny and Bernard accidentally drink a bottle of really expensive wine and a counter appears in the corner of the screen that tots up how much money they spend with each drink.

I would add a link to a video, but the copyright nazis seem to have been on youtube.

Kaodi

Hero
So, what's the total then?
---------
7332.25 gp?

Yeah, plus a possible 560.6. I figure most of everything else after that will be kept.

Edit: You can probably just keep the proceeds from selling Edmond's +1 chain shirt w/ Edmond. There is never a time in the campaign where treasure values cannot be evened out between party members, so I would not worry about it right now.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Maybe it would be more prudent to make a list of what I think we are keeping and who is holding on to it. Just copy paste and add in what you have already taken: for instance, I thought someone already got the amulet of natural armour when we first picked it up.

plaguebringer masks - one for each of us and the rest for allies
+1 human bane rapier - Mhairi
potion of remove disease
flask of curses - Ignatius
+1 mithral shirt - Mhairi
+1 amulet of natural armour
wand of magic missile (43 charges, CL3rd) - Manachan, I am guessing
cloak of resistance +1 - Ignatius
headband of intellect +2 - Edmond
ring of protection +1
unguent of timelessness (6 doses) - Ignatius
9 potion of cure moderate wounds - 3 apiece for the rest of you?
+1 breastplate - Edmond
cloak of resistance +2 - Edmond
proprietery brand wisdom-increasing headband +2 - Manachan
onyx holy symbol worth 200 gp - Ignatius, for safekeeping
wand of cure serious wounds (37 charges) - Ignatius, party use
wand of remove disease (8 charges) - Ignatius, party use, I think I had this listed on my character sheet as only have 5 charges now
four healer's kits - expended during downtime
12 bottles of rare wine worth 14 gp each - PARTY TIME!
coins to the value 11 pp, 40 gp, 58 sp, 160 cp - split between us (accounted for already in the 560.6 I calculated)

Are you going to post the first reply to the new thread [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond took Cloak of resistance +1 when we picked it up. He will exchange it for +2 version since nobody seems to be clamoring for it.

Remove ads