Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Kaodi

Hero
Okay. I will edit in you for the +2 cloak. If I may be so bold, I will pre-emptively put in Mhairi for the +1 cloak since her fort and will saves are horrible and, unlike Ignatius, she does not appear to be wearing anything in that slot.

What is going on with the ring of protection too? Is that the one you and Mowgli were horsetrading with, or is it a different one? I already have my own ring of protection too.

If no one else is taking it I may go for the amulet of natural armour. Other than the healing wands there has not been much that is useful for my character to keep on him. It would put me a little ahead in the AC game of everyone else, but since all of my saves are crap I could probably use some defencive advantage, ;) .

Unguent of timelessness would probably go most thematically with Ignatius, and Mhairi would probably be best positioned to use the flask of curses offencively (sneaking it into someones possession, for instance).

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I would say Edmond, Manachan and Mhairi should get AC bonuses before Ignatius, simply because of melee combat...which you're mostly out of.

Yes, that ring +1 is from Manachan. If Ignatius saves are crap as you say, you should take one of the cloaks, shouldn't you? What are you wearing in that slot?

Neurotic

So, +6 hp (including favorite class)
Greater Trip
Touch of idiocy spell

Enchant deathwail +1 (2000)
pay Manachan for the ring (2000)
improve enchantment on the breastplate (3000)
Spend 500 gp on the house (with 350 remaing before fully renovated)
Sell chain shirt +1 for 1125
Add prior gold (642 gp 42 sp and 62 cp)

TOTAL: 957 gp 42 sp 87cp

Kaodi

Hero
I use muleback cords, which give give an insane carrying capacity. For instance, 153 lbs. is the limit of a "light" load for Ignatius. That is how he was able to cart around the nurse like it was practically nothing.

Neurotic

It seems something of occasional usefulness. Couldn't you carry it around and use it as needed and have +1 to saves for the adventuring risks?

Kaodi

Hero
Maybe. Because the mithral breastplate weighs 10 lbs. less than the chain shirt it turns out I have about 2.75 lbs. of clearance on my light load limit without the cords. I will kind of miss the spontaneous usefulness of the extra capacity though. Especially when flying: with them on I can actually carry another person while flying no problem (I think): 460 lbs. is the max for a heavy load.

Axel

First Post
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], Mhairi is more than happy to contribute twice what is needed for renovations if it means she can have a decent bath. She's got a good pile of gold leftover, because I couldn't think of anything she can afford that might be useful (other than the hat of infinite fantasies/hat of disguise).
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], Despite recent civil disorder, I'm still keen for Mhairi to buy a small apartment near one of the gates and/or docks. Partly it's because she wants to be independent, and partly to setup a "bolt hole" if needed. Any idea on reasonable price? Happy to go up to 2k, though will be able to pay more if she survives the coming chapter.

Kaodi, if you don't want the cape then don't use it! There's no rule that says you must choose your items, feats and choices to provide optimum in-game effect. I don't want a cape/cloak for Mhairi either, doesn't fit with my visual for her. And that's despite woeful Fort/Will saves. :)

Neurotic

Mhairi is more than happy to contribute twice what is needed for renovations if it means she can have a decent bath.
Seems she and Ignatius will spend some quality time in separate high-quality bathroom :p - I have 350gp needed for total renovation (from 5000 initial :) thanks to various members of the group)

Despite recent civil disorder, I'm still keen for Mhairi to buy a small apartment near one of the gates and/or docks. Partly it's because she wants to be independent, and partly to setup a "bolt hole" if needed. Any idea on reasonable price?
How about we just comandeer one that is abandoned/tenants died?

Kaodi, if you don't want the cape then don't use it! There's no rule that says you must choose your items, feats and choices to provide optimum in-game effect. I don't want a cape/cloak for Mhairi either, doesn't fit with my visual for her. And that's despite woeful Fort/Will saves. :)

I agree in principle. Until first save-or-die sleep spell strikes :( I can live with low AC, but saves are something I'd optimize at every opportunity.

Dr Simon

Explorer
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], Despite recent civil disorder, I'm still keen for Mhairi to buy a small apartment near one of the gates and/or docks. Partly it's because she wants to be independent, and partly to setup a "bolt hole" if needed. Any idea on reasonable price?

It just so happens that Guide to Korvosa has property prices, I'll have a look.

Remove ads