Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Dr Simon

Explorer
Cost of property starts from 1000gp for an apartment in the cheapest part of Old Korvosa (Old Dock), and goes up depending what you want to spend (up to around 20000gp for the most expensive apartments).

Moving into unclaimed property seems to be the tactic of 90% of the bad guys so far in this campaign - if a building is left without ownership due to bankruptcy or intestate, the City holds it in escrow until such time as it can be auctioned, or a legitimate claimant can be found. Since this is a process that can last indefinitely, people like Gaedren Lamm or Rolth tend to take advantage of this.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Manachan's got money to contribute as well - he'll put another 650 into the renovations.

With that,renovations are done and this month "maintainance" of 300gp is paid.

Thank you all.
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], if my guess is wrong - maybe because of climbing prices of food or something, let me know and we can adjust monthly cost for the orphanage.

Also, did Jeremiah make some utility scrolls (water breathing and what not) while we were away? That is, is there any additional cost for Edmond to cover his expenses?

Axel

First Post
So 2000gp would buy an apartment in the not-quite-the-cheapest part of Old Korvosa, near the old docks? Sold to the lady with lots of knives!

Call it a pipe dream caused by years of having no home, but Mhairi is pretty dead-set on owning a home clear and away rather than just squatting in another abandoned building (and calling it home).

Kaodi

Hero
Okay, I threw the cloak of protection, unguent of timelessness, and flask of curses into my haversack. The rest is up to you guys to figure out/add to your sheets.

With the 560.6 gp added in I have over 1600 gp worth of cash left over. Enough that I actually had to convert it into platinum just so that my haversack could handle the weight. I think we are probably going to need some more extra-dimensional space soon. Next time I come across an extra 900 gp I think I am going to have to buy a type I bag of holding. Which you can, conveniently, place inside one of the side pouches on a handy haversack, with no loot destroying rupturing required, :) .

Kaodi

Hero
Hehehe... Well, theoretically I could actually free up over 20 lbs. if I bought a Traveller's Any-Tool for 250 gp, which I would ordinarily be totally on board with. But in some ways it seems something would be lost by just having one tool that does everything instead of being that Mary Poppins-esque character who can pull a wide variety of specific objects out of nowhere.

Though now that I look at my sheet and realize that 20 lbs. is taken up by rations... I should probably figure out what I spent on food on the interim. Maybe I will just go with 10 gp for expenses. That is a lot less than Mhairi, but as a healer during a plague I bet Ignatius would be looked after pretty well by grateful patients and families.

Axel

First Post
Every party needs a Macguyver! I find myself falling into that trap all the time...only way to control it I've found is to have a low strength so that you physically can't cart around an alchemist's shop with you.

Also, Mhairi's living expenses shouldn't be a benchmark for the others. She was conspicuously living large to compensate for her earlier time of living *ahem* hand to mouth. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
We're on vacation, which is turning out quite differently from previous ones due to our decision to include our 7 month old on the fun. I should be able to post regularly once we settle in, but we're spending today taking care of getting all of the things we forgot and running errands. I'll try to get a post up for Manachan today or tomorrow.

Axel

First Post
Good luck with that! Kids make everything harder. But better at the same time. 7 months is a good age for it - they're out of the boring blob stage but not at the tearaway PITA stage.

Remove ads