Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Dr. Simon, is that 2500 GP for each of us, or for the entire group? So far it hasn't mattered too much in terms of survival, but it looks like we're only at about half of expected wealth by level (before this reward), and if the fights are indeed about to get tough we might need to "gear up."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Excellent! And when we "shop," should we just check with you to see if what we want is available? Also, when we sell gear I assume it's at 50% value . . .

Dr Simon

Explorer
Yes to standard selling. If there's anything obscure, check with me but otherwise you can pretty much assume that anything core that you want is available.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK - Manachan's got a Masterwork Silver Dagger and a regular Silver Dagger. Mhairi's welcome to the regular one (she's been using it to great effect already).

I think he's going to hang on to his vouchers and current magical gear for now . . . I'd love to replace the Inspired Wisdom headband with one that boosts both WIS and CHA, but he's just short of the needed cash even if he sells all of his current magic gear and the masterwork dagger so he'll have enough after another encounter or two. He is going to pick up a Wand of CLW so he can contribute a little more to healing (both for the party and for himself :)).

Alternatively, I might save a little while longer and try to score an Amulet of Mighty Fists that would grant his unarmed strikes the Holy property. That one's 6000 more than the desired headband, so it will take a while longer to save up for.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
If you just need a loan, I have some extra money...as for the wands, share with Ignatius. And in time, maybe Mhairri should have one so that anyone but Edmond can heal in a pinch
It may serve as minor damage to undead too.

Buy WIS and CHA booster, you get mighty fists later...we need to gear up or we could end up NOT having a later...

I'll check up on item enchants - any suggestion(s)?

Kaodi

Hero
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] - Ignatius can use light and medium armour. Currently he uses a masterwork chain shirt. I am loathe to give him anything that is heavier than light because his 40 ft. movement speed makes him faster than the average humanoid, which may be a significant advantage if we have any chases.

Normally I would also be eager to improve my durability with a cloak of resistance, but Ignatius uses muleback cords in that slot which give him a bonus to carrying capacity equal to +8 strength.

Anyway, I am going to see if I can copy/paste everything we found since the beginning of the Davaulus fight and maybe we can sort out where everything went:

From Physicians (x6)
Leather coat
Set of healer's tools
War razor
Physician's masks (faint conjuration)

From Maidens (x6)
Masterwork full plate
Heavy steel shield
Masterwork longsword
Composite longbow
(Note that all the Maiden equipment is very distinctive in design)

From Doctor Dav
A flask labelled "Elixir of True Healing" (moderate conjuration)
A potion bottle (weak conjuration) - Edmond reckons to be remove disease.
A magical rapier (moderate conjuration)
A magical mithral shirt (+1)
An amulet (faint transmutation)

Additional Physicians gear x4

She finds, as well as his various tools, a set of keys, a bone wand, a fancy-looking dagger, a jar of unguent, 6 black onyxes and a small spellbook. Rolth is wearing a headband and a ring, and a smart black cloak over his grubby leather coat.

Urgathoans gear x 6 (whatever that was).

glass jar full of black gems

magic - her scythe, a breastplate, a cloak and a headband. A search of the room reveals little else, although Mhairi finds a hidden compartment in the base of the statue. Within are a couple of grim candelabra made from human hands and silver, several sticks and blocks of incense (of which three are magical), and two wands.

Edit: I guess I missed the coinage we picked up when I did that, :\ .

Is that everything? Did Mhairi get the +1 Mithral Chain Shirt, or is that the one in Edmond's stat block in the Rogues' Gallery? Did we retrieve the mundane gear of the Grey Maidens, or should we just assume that the vouchers are kind of in lieu of that? The wands and the incense from Andaisin I have added to Ignatius' sheet already. Might just sell the incense, since without Brindom we have no one that can use it.

Edit: Does Ignatius have his alchemical silver dagger back, or would it perhaps be better storywise to leave that with Mhairi? In any case, I think getting Ignatius' shield enchanted to +1 is probably the cheapest way to make him a little more effective. Saving some money for boots of the cat for once Ignatius figures out his new power might be prudent as well. They are only 1,000 gp, so the +1 enchantment and that would still leave him some cash left over.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan took the Headband of Inspired Wisdom (+2) (I'm guessing that's the new version of the Periapt of Wisdom). Wasn't thinking about the other treasure we've found, as we've been pretty casual about divying up the loot and the 4000 GP worth of the headband is probably more than his "share."

He's actually got enough money to get the current headband improved (before, I was thinking in terms of selling it and buying the new one, but I forgot you can add enchantments to current items which is cheaper) even without looking at any of the other loot, if he sells his ring of jumping and his ring of protection +1. Neither are great losses, as he rarely has cause to jump and his AC will still be 21. So that's what he'll do, I think.

Kaodi

Hero
Did you not actually use the potion of healing retrieved from Davaulus, possibly in the daemon fight, or am I misremembering things? Anyway, I think Ignatius may end up taking mostly cash from when we have everything sold and sorted out. There has not been much so far that would not be better on someone else. Any wands of healing I would count as party-owned items.

Speaking of which, I think the thing to do for Ignatius might be to save up for a mithral breastplate, then worry about splitting the most cost effective enchantments between that and his shield afterwards. At some point a headband of charisma must be obtained, but it might not be unwarranted to just take the chance we will find one sooner or later.

Last edited:

Remove ads