Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I could trip on second attack, but with low chance of success with only +8 mod (+4 STR +1 masterwork +1 BAB (second attack) +2 Imp Trip) - I'd rather trip + channel on the first, plus OA on trip plus OA on them getting up :)

Also on XP: demon was harder to beat then the priestess and yet they yield same XP...I guess it was possible for her to be stronger, with her channel and terrible damage on single attack...she could've killed Edmond with that touch had he been hit by her channeling...

Kaodi

Hero
Remember, it would be +10 because of the extra +2 bonus for Greater Trip.

Anyway, I have already updated my character. Notable additions are the known spells Touch of Truthtelling, Admonishing Ray, and Dispel Magic, the revelation Wings of Flame, and what could be extremely useful, Craft Wondrous Item. If we can fence some of that Grey Maiden gear to unscrupulous collectors, we should have a good amount of funds for it, ;) .

Kaodi

Hero
I am sure there is someone in the party who would not feel very bad at all about hawking potential city property to the nearest willing customer. I cannot think who it might be, but I am sure there is someone, ;) .

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I don't think you should take item creation feats...we have NPC enchanter who can get us few things off-stage, something you cannot do with the adventure being as fast paced as this one was...from the start we had only two longer rests (as far as I remember, anyhow)

I think we could use few magical weapons so, Mharri, get us some cult funds and we're going on shopping spree (or enchanting spree, whatever)

Kaodi

Hero
Would Wing of Flame qualify Ignatius for the Hover feat?

Edit: So here is my new dilemma: If we are never going to have sufficient downtime to justify Create Wondrous Item, and if Ignatius does not qualify for Hover, I think my feat choices are Warrior Priest (+2 casting defencively, +1 initiative), Elemental Focus (Fire), and Extra Revelation (Gaze of Flames).

Edit 2: Should also mention that in Pathfinder you can work less than eight hour days, though it tends to be only half as efficient.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
If you've got fly speed, for whatever reason, temporary or not, you can take flight-based feats as far as I'm concerned.

A few things that may affect whether or not you take crafting feats - you're already higher level than Ol' Jeremiah, so don't rely on him for anything other than low-level scrolls, also, there will potentially be more down-time from now one. I slowed the events in Edge of Anarchy anyway, to allow a few weeks between many of them. This one's been faster paced due to the race against time to find a cure.

Part Three on the way ... but we're not quite done with Seven Days to the Grave yet...

Kaodi

Hero
Okay then. Another question: I know I played it as getting my new powers after resting last time, but if we level up mid-adventure, can we access our new spell slots, powers, and hit points immediately?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Not sure how Dr. Simon usually rules on this. In most of the games I'm in new abilities and HP are accessible immediately (though wounds are not healed), as are spells for spontaneous casters. Prepared casters have the spell slots available but can't fill them without the necessary rest and/or preparation.

However, in this case Dr. Simon's said in the IC thread to use our level 6 stats. This could be (another) tough fight :D.

Remove ads