Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Kaodi

Hero
No. But Ignatius asked him about what to expect further down in the complex and he never answered. "Giant killer daemon" seems like the sort of thing that should jump to mind if you were not seeking the questioner's death.

Axel

First Post
He may even have 'created' it. Wasn't the vampire dude working on something he claimed was nearly finished? Might've been an easier fight against the vampire (I've typed it campire twice now...think it's a Freudian slip).

Dr Simon

Explorer
XP time!

The return to the temple of Urgathoa nets you:

8 zombies - 400 xp per character
2 cultists - 300 XP per character
Leukodaemon - 1600 xp per character
Lady Andaisin - 1600 xp per character

For a grand total of 3900 xp each.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
25k XP, that a level? We're on fast track, right?

Question for other players:
Should I take
Felling Smash feat - trip as swift action on Power attack
Greater Trip - any trip triggers OA on the target (which makes for a killing field if we're all surrounding the target)

OR
Improved Reposition - move the enemy on hit, but no damage - retraining one of the existing feats if possible (need to check retraining rules)
AND THEN
Greater Reposition - moving the enemy triggers opportunity attacks :)

EDIT : RETRAINING: You may change one feat to another through retraining. Retraining a feat takes 5 days with a character who has the feat you want.

We don't have 5 days :(

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Yes, fast track seems to keep up with the expected level limits for the AP, although it didn't feel like you were 6th level for very long! So you're looking at 23,000 for level 7.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Dr. Simon, any issue with my doing a minor rebuild to take the alternate racial trait "Corruption Resistance" from the Advanced Race Guide? It allows the use of the spell Corruption Resistance once per day as a spell like ability at character level = caster level. If used on self, duration increases to one hour per level.

It replaces the Daylight racial ability.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I have my own small dilemma: Do I take Grace, which can be cast as a swift action and allows me to move around without taking any attack of opportunity, or Admonishing Ray, which lets me dish out two rays that do 4d6 non-lethal force damage apiece? Both would be eminently in character.

Hit Points:1d8=7

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I think Greater Trip may be better on balance. Since you can trip with your second attack, even one on one you might potentially do damage twice in a round.

Remove ads