Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Kaodi

Hero
[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] - There was the fight at the underwater wreck. Though that speaking might have been distorted by a fair amount of "blub, blub", :D .

Axel

First Post
Ha! If I was trapped in a sunken wreck with a shark circling, I reckon I'd be talking "gibberish" too. :)

HP Roll for Level 6 . . . SWEET! Now, for a spell . . . ? I was thinking Glitterdust, but am open to other suggestions as well. Spellcasters are not my usual fare.

As the player of the character most likely to benefit from Glitterdust, go for it! I haven't looked at Manachan's spell list (and I'm not normally an arcanist...) so take my advice with a grain of salt. Still, spells that have no HD restriction, target "weak" Monster saves like Will (not Fort), don't give saves or SR, or just buff your party are the most useful. There's less/nothing anyone can do to make you waste your spell slot and round's action that way. Out of combat divination can be useful too, if you're clever with it.

Some other options:
Detect Thoughts??? Might "break" the campaign though.
Blur??? Manachan cops a pounding with low AC and middling HP. 20% miss chance might be just what the doctor ordered.
Any of the +4 stat spells??? Can't go wrong with any/all of them. Good standby spells.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Hooray for double posting... Level 6 for Mhairi is done. Nothing outrageous or exciting, just more of the same. Picked Minor Magic (Message) as the rogue talent.

Kaodi

Hero
Yeah. I thought about how things might have gone differently had I attacked the cultist first, but there is no guarantee that I could have killed him in the first round with a fireball or stopped him with a hold person. I mean, I did not even destroy any zombies in the first round, and they are not as tough.

Anyway, I have quite a few possible backup characters already planned out that I have made over the months. Including but not limited too: A changeling savage fighter who had been a gladiator, a nagaji fighter who uses the snake style, a dwarven merchant transmuter from Janderhoff, a know-it-all half-elf investigator rogue, and a half-orc cleric of Abadar who is a sort of chaplain to Korvosa's guardsman (probably the most likely one if I need to take the healing niche again). Also a Chelaxian architect human transmuter, a Tian human conjurer, a channeling master half-elf cleric of Irori, a halfling sailor cleric of Gozreh, a gnome internal alchemist with an insect theme, and a sinister dhampir cleric of Mahathallah who would be good at commanding enemy undead.

Okay. Maybe got a bit carried away there, hehehe...

Axel

First Post
I know the feeling... Maybe it only has 12HP? :) Right??????

Almost time to embrace that old Rogue tradition of "Run away!!!!!"... Actually, I've been playtesting a bit of 5th edition over the past few months. It brings back memories of unwinnable encounters that you weren't expected to actually win via combat. PC options were to bugger off, or to RP their way out. Or to find the "self destruct button" or somesuch that could stop the carnage.

Joking aside, anyone got any halfway good ideas other than "stick it with the pointy end"?

Kaodi

Hero
Not really anything supported by the rules, hehehe... Though if anyone in the party lives through this I recommend they hunt down the vampiric guy at some point and stake him.

Remove ads