Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Dr Simon

Explorer
By all means post in the RG - it's helpful to me to have all details in one place.
If the others are happy with the idea that Ignatius was there rather than Brindom, I'm happy to run with it.

As a healer, my guess is that he would have been brought to Korvosa by rumours of the plague, maybe met Manachan and ended up joining his old acquaintance and new friends in a quest that they say may help find the source of the plague. Korvosa, far from being the free-wheeling port that Ignarius has heard of, is grim place locked down in martial law under the heels of the strange Grey Maidens, with a populace cowering indoors for fear of the virulent plague.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm once again having Internet access problems, and posting will be VERY slow until I get it fixed.

I'll try to put in at least an occasional appearance from my phone.

Kaodi

Hero
Are we all assumed to be at the same XP regardless of when we joined the group, or should Axel and I start counting up from the minimum for level 5?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Good question.

If you start at minimum for 5th level then you're unlikely to catch up, so I think somewhere close to the others makes more sense. Say 13000 xp (with 15000 needed for 6th level).

In most (all?) of my other games I don't bother with XP, just allow a level-up when it seems appropriate. If no-one is playing a magic item crafter then it makes no difference; do people have a preference for calculated or free-form experience? So far, the characters are levelling in this campaign at about the point where they ought to be according to the designer's reckoning.

Axel

First Post
Works for me. :) Would make it 13800 for Mhairi and Ignatius, or 13000 after the award?

Level-ups always seem so arbitrary to me, but are enormous fun as a player. Whatever everyone else is happy with - though I like a system that leds an individual's extreme (un)luck or fantastic RP/storytelling/whatever get rewarded over mechanical dice chuckers (not that the game doesn't need them either).

Kaodi

Hero
There is probably going to be a definite " right time " for Ignatius to next level up. Though it is going to set his pure healing powers back a bit, for story reasons I am going to give him remove disease (as opposed to cure serious), and from his mystery he is going to get fireball. So it is going to be a pretty big jump in power for both role-playing and combat I think.

Axel

First Post
From IC:

Just listing our current resources:
were-rats as stealth scouts
were-rats as guides through the sewers
Varisians in their own way - mostly information about the city
Jeremiah as low level? enchanter capable of making scrolls at need and identifying strange items.
Edmonds teacher and patron, priest Julius
otyugh in the cemetery as good way to dispose of unwanted things
little Lamms, although in-game, Edmond would vehemently resist using them
gryphon rider (I forgot the name)

From my less-experienced perspective, ffs why can't we send the were-rats into this plague-infested building? Or, from Mhairi's perspective...use the kids as bait? Paint one as though it has blood-veil and come back claiming that your child is sick etc... Easy(ier) access?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Good ideas.

Two in-game problems: Edmond wouldn't trust wererats not to tell if they are captured and he wouldn't use kids in dangerous situation. He could be persuaded, but you'd need good reason why other avenues are less practical...

Remove ads