Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
For some reason I'm having a LOT of trouble finding a sense of Manachan's purpose for this game. I think it's a combination of a few different factors.

Part of it is surely my fault - Manachan's background is pretty generic, not a lot of purpose 'built in.' The rest of it, I think, is due to entering the game late - so not having that initial bond with the other characters that comes from starting the adventure together - and has been exacerbated by the recent loss of HM and Ambrus.

Part of it may also be the campaign itself - it's been remarked that we seem to be running around putting out fires, and its tough to find the unifying theme behind all of the little missions. It's almost certainly there, just hard to get to.

Anyway, just wanted to note my struggles by way of apologizing for my lack of quality posting here. Not giving up on the game, though - I want to hang in! Maybe I'll find Manachan's true character eventually, something that'll make him stand out.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I actually thought you fit in fairly well by including Edmond in your history. True, there isn't something you could relate to except through him because Lamm was actual starting point for the original party.

I would hate to see you go. You could detail your history a bit more and we, that is, Dr Simon, could bring some small detail to bring you more fully into Korvosa.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
No worries about me leaving ;). Just wanted to explain my lack of role-play. Still trying to figure out Manachan's evolving personality. I'll try to play off Mhairi a little, and possibly our good Doctor can write some nice drama in to explain Ambrus' and Brindom's disappearances.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Brindom is currently with the party, as we started this underwater bit just before HM went. I figured that Djhan chose not to enter the river, thinking that he and Majenko would be two tiny tempting pieces of bait for jigsaw sharks, devilfish, reefclaws and assorted other monstrosities that seem to infest the Jeggare River! Also, uncertain as to how temporary the absence of the two players would be so didn't want to do anything too permanent to their characters.

As I recall, Manachan doesn't have much connection to the city of Korvosa apart from tangentially through Edmond. Maybe add something in, if nothing is forthcoming through the game itself.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
If I were to join your Crimson Throne campaign, I think I would do it with a new character, though one who was a healer since that seems to be HolyMan's role.

What would I need to know about character creation other than what is posted on the first page, and it being level 5? Would it be possible to be an Ifrit character (odd going into an underwater portion of the campaign, but I could probably come up wth a reason for it), and what books are allowed in general?

Axel

First Post
An efreeti healer? Awesome idea! :)

[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] - when in doubt about motivations, just make something up. That's what I do, if the advice is worth anything. Decide that Manachan is looking for a rare ingredient to prepare a potion that will save his dying father or something similar. Achievable, but distant.

Kaodi

Hero
Yeah, I was thinking either a mystery of fire oracle, or a hedge witch. Ifrit kind of suck as clerics of course, given the -2 penalty to wisdom. If I were to go with the oracle, I would hope that I could be permitted to apply the Elemental Affinity bonus for sorcerers to the oracle, as I imagine the planetouched abilities were created before the APG.

Remove ads