Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Dr Simon

Explorer
I don't usually award XP after each encounter, but at a suitable junction that in 4E terms would be classed as a "short rest" - in this case, I did so when I did to mask the 'rebirth' of Andaisin a bit.

Axel

First Post
Weeee, more XP. :D Though I haven't the faintest thought on level 7 at this stage...

Can't see this fight being hugely different to the last time. Giant Andaisin will still struggle with 1 melee attack/round (if that's what she's still got). The magic is the scary part... Besides, only a bunch of (fairly minor) spells burned the first time. No major 1/day powers or the like. Am looking forward to stabbing her while prone again - that was satisfying. One of those situations that in RL you reach for a bucket to throw all the dice. :)

Thoughts on discussions above:
- +10 to trip on second attack is huge. CMD of 18-20 is pretty normal for medium size bipeds, so 8-10 for trippsies. Can't see too many colossal quaduped undead demons in the bestiary.
- Personally I've never liked item creation feats. It kinda 'breaks' the magic economy. And we'd have loads of resources for it too...pretty sure we can find someone to fence without guilt. :angel:
- Flying is cool. We don't handle physical obstacles well as a party.

Axel

First Post
Are you sure? This is Paizo...
It's entirely possible. :) Paizo's imagination knows no bounds!

Level 7 thoughts are a long time coming, and remarkably banal. Combat Expertise is a dull choice, but opens up some excellent options for later levels. And it fits, given how much fighting has been happening. Otherwise, nothing doing. Just HP, BAB and skills...

Kaodi

Hero
It might be more expensive than you are currently paying and would require learning a new subsystem, but Paizo has the Ultimate Campaign stuff added to the PRD, which includes things like buildings. Their basic orphanage would cost 2810 gp to buy outright I think, but depending on how much labour has been done during downtime there could be a decent discount I think.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'll have a look at that building section - I think I pulled figures from the 3.0 DMG before, but I've also got a feeling that they were ball-park comparable.

As for Combat Expertise - yes, not the most exciting feat, but a fun tree - Dirty Trick and Steal maneuvres seem particularly suited to Mhairi, and Neurotic makes good use of Trip with Edmond (plus the Expertise bonus to AC has saved him more than once).

Axel

First Post
So, level 7...

Rogue 7
HP: 1d8=
Feat: Combat Expertise
BAB: +1 = +5
Sneak attack: +4d6 (from 3d6)
Saves unchanged
Skills: +8 +1 (int) +1 (FC) = +10
+1 stealth (+17)
+1 acrobatics (+14)
+1 diplomacy (+8/9 vs persons attracted to Mhairi)
+1 bluff (+11/12 vs persons attracted to Mhairi)
+1 appraise (+7)
+1 climb (+12)
+1 disable device (+16)
+1 perception (+10/12vs traps)
+1 knowledge (local) (+7)
+1 linguistics (+4). Only 1 rank, but class skil. Learning celestial, if Ignatius is still willing.

Kaodi

Hero
Of course Ignatius is willing to teach. Manachan speaks it as well as a native language, so she would have at least two completely fluent teachers. And with all four of us having it, we have our own semi-secret language for battle communications, hehehe...

Remove ads