Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom looks troubled as the harrowing continues, "The Tangled Brair." he says more to himself than to anyone else.

How am I to untangle a bunch of old secerts, he thinks solemnly.

Looking on as Dj'hân finishes and speaks with the Mamusia, Brindom shakes his head bringing himself back to what must be done. "Well we maybe the fool for not trying, so I will do all that I can."

He then steps up to the bed and starts to pray and applies what magics he can to aid the poor sick girl.

[sblock=OOC] Will use Restoration(lesser) to bring up her CON stat if needed, then cast Guidance on myself before making a Heal check and then Resistance on Brienna before she makes her save. [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As Brindom goes to work Manachan steps forward. "I'm not as accomplished with the healing arts as the two of you, but I may be able to assist somewhat."

While the Cleric is casting his spell the Sorcerer holds his hands out over the girls forehead and focuses his will. The air between his hands and her head glows briefly as the power of the Aasimar's divine blood shines forth.

When Brindom and the old woman move to more mundane methods of healing, Manachan stands in attendance, fetching supplies and performing such other duties as he's able.

[sblock=OOC]Celestial Fire first round, Heal Check to Aid Another second round.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Over the next few hours, Brindom, Manachan and Mamusia Lela do not leave Brienna's sick room. The three share their knowledge of treating disease, considering and discarding various mixes of healing draughts. Finally they settle on a mixture that might help.

Bolstered by Brindom's magic, the little girl takes on a more healthy pallor, and her breathing eases, the coughing lessens. It even seems as if the rash subsides, somewhat.

And then she opens her eyes for the first time and looks around.

"I'm hungry," she says. "Is dinner ready Mama?"

[sblock=ooc]
Well, you did it. That was a tricky problem to throw characters who can't yet cast cure disease.

In the end
Manachan Heal 7+7=14 for Aid Another
Mamusia Lela Heal 17 for Aid Another

Brindom Heal 12 +4 (double aid) +2 (Mamusia Lela's healer kit) +1 (guidance) = 19

Brienna's Fortitude save is base -1, +1 resistance, +4 for healing, = 12+4=16, success!

She'll need attention, as the disease needs two successful saves, but with the restoration spell she's in less danger of dying.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Unable to help and not willing to crows already crowded room, Edmond wonders around the house and observes the life on the streets. If asked not to poke too much in the house he will observe the boys in play and the street to get the feeling for the life here.

He also listens intently on the language used in normal life, which differs from what one can learn in the school considerably.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom breathes alittle easier as he notices the girls condition changes for the better. "Thank you Erastil," he whispers.

And then turning to Manachan and Mamusia Lela says, "And thank you also, for without your help we could not have done this."

He washes his hands and pats at his face, taking away a tear of joy from one of his eyes before anyone can notice. He stands there wondering again about The Harrowing.

What did it mean by untangling this brair of old secerts? I didn't do anything different than I was taught and I saw nothing that could be called an old secert, he says to himself.

Dr Simon

Explorer
HUgs all round from Tayce, who insists on cooking everyone a special meal (a fiery stew with a rich range of flavour notes). The next day, Mamusia Lela, Brindom and Manachan repeat their remedy, and Brienna's symptoms seem to be receding fast. The girl's strength is returning nicely and it looks like she will make a complete recovery.

"You are now honorary Varisians, young gentlemen," says Mamusia Lela. "And the little boy with the skill at Harrow."

When they return to Edmond's house, there is a note that Kester says was bought by a messenger. It simply read:

"The time is now. Come to my Academy ASAP. Vencarlo."

Neurotic

Edmond uses one of Mamusia Lela's going outs for water and supplies to talk to her discreetly

"Mamusia, I noticed you noticed Dj'ahn is not what he seems. I don't know for sure, but he's some kind of natural spirit being perpetually living in the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if he was here longer then any of us. Do your people tell stories off such fey? Do you know anything of such things? Can you find out? I don't think he knows what he is either so don't bring it up with him."

Later at the house:
"Sounds urgent. Take what you need and let's go!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
*sigh* Brindom after enjoying himself at the Sable Marine's home, is certain that whatever this is will spoil his good mood. He quickly goes up stairs to fetch his things but seeing as he had unpacked his pack it takes him alot longer to get ready than the others.

[sblock=OOC] Day two took the same spells and casted them as before so I will be down a few should we see action right away. Just letting everyone know. [/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: HolyMan, Brindom now lives in the house, you don't have to pack everything. Just grab adventuring pack (which you of course always have at a ready) and you're all set. ;) It's not like children will break into your room and find all those Lloth holy symbols you're holdign out on us :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases