Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I... whu...," the woman's defiant posture crumples. "I was hired by Doctor Davaulus to log the sick coming in and keep out anyone else," she says. "That's... that's all." Her resolve seem to come back again and she stands tall again. "I don't believe you," she says defiantly. "You're lying."

Kaodi

Hero
"Do no not say I did not warn you," says the ifrit sadly. He picks her up and slings her over one shoulder, ignoring any protestations, then reaches behind him with his other arm to retrieve the elevator mechanism from his magical pack. He looks back to the others and asks, "Shall we?"

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi smiles, and shrugs. "If she can honestly say that some people that came here got better and walked home again, then no. Otherwise, she's just as stubborn as a donkey and should be treated the same. What's your name, by the way?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We have to go down there anyhow. We may as well have someone with us. You madam, will be bound and left in one of the beds once you see what's down there until we return. You wait and hope we do return."

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius frowns a little at the threat, though he does not speak up. Better to wait and see her reaction to the Princess' Bachanal before chaining her up like that. He glances over to Taddeus and his face brightens up. "Keep up the good work, my friend. We may yet return momentarily I think," he says. Heading into the elevator room, the ifrit inserts the lever into the mechanism and waits for the others to board before he moves it into the basement position. To his captive he then asks, "Do you have a name you would like me to address you as when I gloat about how 'I told you so,' ?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
The nurse doesn't reply to Ignatius, instead acting indignant at being hoisted like a sack of potatoes. When the lift arrives at its destination she takes in the strange ante-chamber, with its doors painted with scythe-wielding skeletons, in silence. The room seems pretty much as it was left, except that the bodies of the four physicians have been moved, with some stains leading to the far double doors. All of the doors are closed, as before.

"This... this proves nothing. The building used to be a warehouse for the Arkona family," says the nurse, a bit uncertainly. "This could be something to do with them."

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius removes the mechanism for the elevator and places is it back into his pack. Looking around warily he gently places the woman back down. "Stay here and be quiet," he says to her earnestly. Looking to the rest of the party he asks, "Suggestions?" as he grabs the physicians' masks from his pack and hands them out. "This is enchanted to protect from the Blood Veil," he whispers to the nurse as he fits one over her head. She looks rather ridiculous now, trussed up and wearing the mask. But that is nothing that can be helped.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Somebody got here before us. Or negative energies of the place got the corpses. Any which way, we have a fight in front of us. Me first." says Edmond taking front position

OOC: weapon expertise for extra +2 AC until attacked

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi giggled as Ignatius put the bird beak mask on their captive nurse. "It's a very stylish addition to your wardrobe, wouldn't you say?"

As the lady continued to protest, the half-elf rolled her eyes. She protests too much. Either she's in on the gig, or she was wilfully blind and deaf... Her ears perked up at the mention of the Arkona family. The Arkona's own this place?" she asks, a little rhetorically. "How long has it been a...ummm...hospital then?"

Remove ads