Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Edmond takes 50 damage, but cannot be reduced below 1 hit point (harm spell). I'll adjudicate other actions once I've got Ignatius' actions in as well.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Sorry. I did not realize harm left you with a minimum of 1 hp or else I would have posted an action for Ignatius already. I thought we were waiting for you to post about his gory death.

Ignatius takes a step back through the door and out of the leukodaemon's reach, a grim look on his face. He says a prayer and reaches out to touch Edmond with his most powerful healing spell, immediately closing almost all of the wounds just inflicted on the duskblade. Lastly he looks for an opening to toss his silvered dagger to somewhere Mhairi can grab it. The ifrit worries about the half-elf's wounds, but there is nothing he can do about it from here.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8+6=19
OOC: 5' step, followed by the spell. And if the Dr. Simon permits Ignatius to toss the dagger to the vicinity of Mhairi as a move action, he will do that too.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan's magic missiles seems to veer away from the daemon, almost skittish in a way that they are not normally. Manachan has to concentrate to guide them on target, then suddenly it feels like something snaps into place and the missiles slam home on the daemon's chest.

Mhairi stabs upwards with her dagger, a telling strike normally but the daemon's flesh seems harder than steel and she barely penetrates, the small wound leaking ichor that resembles watery pus.

[sblock=OOC]
Caster level check for Manachan overcomes spell resistance.

Mhairi successfully tumbles past daemon and hits, but encounters damage resistance. Note that Edmond now has flanking with Mhairi

Next up,

Edmond [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond suddenly throws small archery target at the daemon and it sticks fast on its knee. Deathwail follows an instant later and sweeps the creature off it's feet. With loud crash daemon lies on it's back just as, in display of weapon mastery, Edmond reverses heavy blade and crashes it into deamons chest. The blade slides as the creatures rolls on the floor, for the moment uninjured.

(I used normal attack since being sickened and flanking cancel each other so, miss by flanking bonus or power attack :))

Note: +20 comes from instant casting of True strike, also, Edmond has +2 to rolls against SR of the daemon
Full attack: Trip; Power attack vs Leukodaemon AC; damage (1d20+13+20=41; 1d20+11=21, 2d4+12=16)
Opportunity: OA vs Daemon as it gets up; damage (1d20+11-2=24, 2d4+6=11)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond knocks the daemon to the ground and wounds it deeply, the silvered blade of Deathwail sinking through its unholy flesh like a knife in butter. As the creature gets to its feet, Edmond strikes again, and again the blade cuts the daemon deeply.

Meanwhile, Ignatius skitters the silvered dagger across the floor to Mhairi's feet.

"Ssssss," hisses the daemon, "It is not granted to you to harm me, mortal." It backhands Edmond with a swipe of its claws, battering him inside his breastplate.

Hospice 56.jpg

[sblock=OOC]
That's two hits from Edmond, including the AC penalty to the daemon for being prone. Also forgot about Ignatius' pass-off of the dagger, happy to allow that.

Daemon - stand from prone, claw attack on Edmond for 13 damage.

Next:
Ignatius
Manachan
Mhairi (who also gets an AoO on the daemon as it stands from prone)
Edmond
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius can do little but try and keep Edmond in the fight. He reaches out to touch the duskblade again, and this time the wounds he just took closes up and many of the bite marks from the fiendish swarm heal. He then quickly reaches behind him to grab the mechanism for the elevator. No one will be able to flee if he goes down with that buried in his pack.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8+6=19

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The creature resists my spells! Let's try a taste of Irori's divine power, then! The Sorcerer-Priest levels a palm at the daemon, not deigning to speak, and a lance of golden flame shoots forth. The Heavenly Fire barely misses the creature, splashing harmlessly against the wall behind it.

[sblock=Actions]Heavenly Fire (RTA) (1d20+5=13) for (in case it hit the T AC) Damage (1d4+6=9).

Description states that it is Divine Damage and not subject to energy resistance or immunity. Not sure whether or not this includes spell resistance. In case it doesn't and he hit by some miracle: Caster Level Check (1d20+6=21)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Manachan Aingeali
Male Aasimar (MCP) Monk 2 Sorcerer 4
LG Medium Outsider (native)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 17, flat-footed 18 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 dodge)
hp 47 (2d8+4d6+6)
Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +10
Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Masterwork Silver Dagger +6 (1d4/19-20/x2) and
. . Nunchaku +5 (1d6+1/x2) and
. . Silver Dagger +5 (1d4/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed strike +5 (1d6+1/x2)
Ranged Heavy crossbow +5 (1d10+1/19-20/x2)
Special Attacks flurry of blows +0/+0, heavenly fire (7/day)
Spell-Like Abilities Daylight (1/day)
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 6):
2 (4/day) Glitterdust
1 (8/day) Bless, Chill Touch (DC 16), Mage Armor, Magic Missile
0 (at will) Resistance, Touch of Fatigue (DC 15), Daze (DC 15), Read Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 15), Jolt
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 18
Base Atk +3; CMB +3 (+5 Grappling); CMD 20 (22 vs. Grapple)
Feats Arcane Strike, Dodge, Eschew Materials, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist (3/day) (DC 16), Weapon Finesse
Traits Magical Knack (Sorcerer)
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+11 to make high or long jumps), Bluff +8, Diplomacy +6, Escape Artist +6, Heal +7, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (arcana) +4, Knowledge (history) +4, Knowledge (religion) +4, Perception +13, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +6, Use Magic Device +8
Languages Celestial, Common
SQ ac bonus +3, bloodlines (celestial), celestial sorcery, stunning fist (stun), unarmed strike (1d6)
Combat Gear Potion of cure serious wounds, Smokestick (4), Thunderstone (4); Other Gear Crossbow bolts (20), Heavy crossbow, Masterwork Silver Dagger, Nunchaku (2), Silver Crossbow bolts (5), Silver Dagger, Ring of jumping, Ring of protection +1, Grappling hook, Sack (10 @ 15 lbs), Silk rope, Trail rations (8), 2669 GP, 9 SP, 12 CP
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Crossbow bolts - 0/20
Daylight (1/day) (Sp) - 0/1
Heavenly Fire (7/day) (Sp) - 0/7
Masterwork Silver Dagger - 0/1
Potion of cure serious wounds - 0/1
Silver Crossbow bolts - 0/5
Silver Dagger - 0/1
Smokestick - 0/4
Stunning Fist (3/day) (DC 16) - 0/3
Thunderstone - 0/4
Trail rations - 0/8
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
AC Bonus +3 The Monk adds his Wisdom bonus to AC and CMD, more at higher levels.
Arcane Strike As a swift action, add +1 damage, +1 per 5 caster levels and your weapons are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Celestial Summoned creatures gain DR 2/evil.
Celestial Sorcery Aasimar sorcerers with the Celestial bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all Sorcerer class abilities.
Damage Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Acid attacks.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Daylight (1/day) (Sp) Daylight once per day.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Evasion (Ex) If you succeed at a Reflex save for half damage, you take none instead.
Flurry of Blows +0/+0 (Ex) Make Flurry of Blows attack as a full rd action.
Heavenly Fire (7/day) (Sp) Ranged touch attack deals 1d4 divine damage/healing
Improved Grapple You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when grappling a foe.
Improved Unarmed Strike Unarmed strikes don't cause attacks of opportunity, and can be lethal.
Magical Knack (Sorcerer) +2 CL for a specific class, to a max of your HD.
Ring of jumping This ring continually allows the wearer to leap about, providing a +5 competence bonus on all his Acrobatics checks made to make high or long jumps.

Construction
Requirements: Forge Ring, creator must have 5 ranks in the Acrobatics skill; Cost 1,250 gp
Stunning Fist (3/day) (DC 16) You can stun an opponent with an unarmed attack.
Stunning Fist (Stun) (Ex) At 1st level, the monk gains Stunning Fist as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. At 4th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the monk gains the ability to apply a new condition to the target of his Stunning Fist. This conditio
Unarmed Strike (1d6) The Monk does lethal damage with his unarmed strikes.
--------------------
Silken hair the color of spun gold; eyes the dark blue of deep ocean but shot through with silver; skin the hue of milk with just a hint of chocolate. Manachan was a sensation among his much darker Varisian clan – plainly proof that their kapenia showed true and that their line was descended from divinity.

The Aingeali clan claims descent in direct line from Irori himself, though the claim has been disputed by many. The birth of Manachan, with his very unusual coloring, has been taken as proof by his parents and others of the clan. In many ways, the young man had a charmed childhood.

However, the pressure on him to live up to his ancestor’s divine example has been tremendous, and has led to great internal conflict between the wild ways of his nationality and the discipline espoused by his perfect ancestry. In an effort to resolve this conflict, Manachan left his clan at the age of 13 to enter a small monastery devoted to Irori. He has spent the last four years there, training relentlessly and learning that the path to perfection requires, for him at least, a balance between freedom and discipline, and carefully maintained contradiction between his clan’s nature and his ancestor’s teachings. Adding to his difficulties, about a year after entering the monastery his sorcerous abilities manifested. The instinctual nature of his magic disrupted even further the strict discipline required by the teachings of the monks.

Now 17 and finished with his studies at the monastery, Manachan has found that balance and been released into the world to continue his struggles toward perfection. A confident, outgoing young man with an easy humor and tremendous ability, he has found it fairly easy thus far to make his way.

Now at loose ends and with no instruction other than to find his own way to pursue his perfection, Manachan resolved to return to Korvosa – he had met a young scholar (Edmond) there on one of his errands for the monastery and they had struck a fast friendship. He was fascinated with the life of the sprawling city and decided that learning more of it would provide him some valuable lessons for his path.

Manachan dresses in dark, smoky oranges and forest greens, typically wearing a narrow kilt like wrap from the waist down and either going bare chested or donning a simple tunic – depending on weather and social requirements of his current location. He keeps his hair tied in a ponytail. Other than eyebrows his body is completely lacking secondary hair. He wears his bata strapped to his back, along with his crossbow. All of his other belongings he carries in a sack – to be dropped at a moment’s notice in case of a need to defend himself.[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi could have cheered as Ed swept the demon off it's feet. "Is that how you kill something that isn't alive?!" she asked, almost incredulously, as it began to climb back onto it's feet. Quickly, while it's not paying attention!!
She stabbed forward and downward with her rapier, aiming for the demon's neck - as if it even HAS parts of its body that are vital./I] Manachan's dagger skittering over the floor was perhaps the most surprising thing to happen all morning though.
"Manachan, just throw the dagger at it already. For :):):):)'s sake, before it kills us all. What use is a fancy looking knife on the floor?!"
Mhairi tried to time her strikes with the demon's blow against Edmond, landing at least one clear hit with her rapier. Lucky the butt ugly thing is ignoring me...not sure I can even hurt it with these weapons. Ed put some silvery crap - wonder if that helps?
Oh! Use the silver knife you stupid bimbo! Everybody else worked it out already!

[sblock=ooc]
Got access to invisible castle...
AoO = +11(not including prone bonus etc, but including flanking) = 14[/URL]. Damage 1d6 + 3d6=11[/URL].
Full round attack: +9 with rapier = 27[/URL], confirmation roll=16[/URL] (1d6+3d6 damage=13[/URL], assumed not confirmed), +8 with starknife=17[/URL] (1d4+3d6=12[/URL]).
Nobody explained to Mhairi the point of a silvered weapon. She thinks you're being thick...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Nobody explained to Mhairi the point of a silvered weapon. She thinks you're being thick...

But she saw the effect of Deathwail...and she's supposed to be rogue to live by her wits ;)

"Granted? I don't need permission to send you back to your goddess, weakling! Meet Deathwail, know your death."

Edmond performs the same trick he used moments ago, but without Irori granted insight, daemon remains on his feet. Still Deathwail scores shallow wound.

1d20+13=0 - ERROR!
Improved Trip; Attack vs AC; damage (1d20+13=19, 1d20+11=23, 2d4+6-2=6) - lowest damage possible! :(

Note: I'm channeling next round, if you have anything that can reduce lightning resist or SR or lower fort save, cast it. Bless would be useful if you get time from healing me, [MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION]. [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION], grease if you have it? Stunning fist? OAs may be the critical difference and the thing has too high CMD for me to overcome and I cannot afford standard action to cast true strike...

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
But she saw the effect of Deathwail...and she's supposed to be rogue to live by her wits ;)

Easily lost amongst the myriad other variables like muscle power, size of weapon, tripping etc. Point taken though - if and when I ever get access to invisible castle again I'll roll an Int check or something for her and see if the can tell.

Int check made...rolled a 15. Amending IC post to reflect her thinking.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases