Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
Thing is slobberingly ecstatic over the gift of "fresh meat". This task completed, the group returns to Citadel Volshyenek with a collection of Shoanti body parts and a group of captive derro. The derro are taken away by the guard before you even get to Marshal Kroft, and when you arrive in her office she is accompanied by a priest of Abadar.

"Answer me this," she says, without any preamble, greetings or acknowledgement of your quest. "Did you tell anyone about Trinia Sabor?"

At each answer she looks to the priest who gives a nod. This done, she dismisses him and greets you more warmly.

"I regret that I had to do that," she says, "but somehow the Queen must have heard of our prisoner. She's been taken from our protective custody to the Longacre Building, and since the order came from the Royal Court there was nothing I could do to prevent it. I fear that Ms. Sabor's fair trial may never happen." She clenches her jaw, then shrugs off the annoyance. "So, this Shoanti boy; did you succeed?"

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I had to search through the previous game thread to find an answer for Kroft; it's been more than six months since we had anything to do with Trinia! While poking around our old posts I found that the dead shoanti's name is Gaekhen and his upset grandfather's is Thousand Bones incidentally. :)[/sblock]Dj'hân looks utterly perplexed by the marshal's question. Understanding finally dawns across the tiny urchin's features once he glances over to his silent reptilian companion for clarifcation. "Oh! The sillyhead lady? Uh... Naw. We didn't talk bout her ta nobody. We spent tha night after we dropped her off here in tha shingles huntin imps; then I fell asleep in Edmond's backpack. Then we came here this mornin ta see you before we went out to tha Grey District. Been busy since then."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We didn't, but there were witnesses who might have said something to wrong ears even if they tried to protect her.

The boy we found, just maybe not in fully presentable state."

After a moments pause, seemingly trying to be more tactful, but not really succeeding Edmond adds
"Unfortunately."

Ambrus

Explorer
Feeling the need to fill in the awkward silence following Edmond's brief report, the urchin rushes on excitedly. "He was snatched by a bunch of Derro! They had him in pieces down in an old Pharasmian ossuary under the grey district with some other poor souls; some dead, some live. They was using some foul necromancy ta turn em inta tha dancing dead or stitchin em together inta these motley golem things and feedin tha leftover bits to a big ol drek eater. It's still down there still but the derro are all dead or down in yer dungeon now."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom's mind wonders at who could have told the queen of Miss Sabor. He knows none of his new friends would do such a thing. So who else new she was under secert arrest?

Tired from the long day fighting for his life the young lad can't keep his thoughts straight and tries to focus on the talk of the Shoanti warrior.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kroft pinches the bridge of her nose and heaves a sigh.

"Well," she says wearily, "I'll handle the matter of the body with Thousand Bones, and the derro will be dealt with in due time. I almost forgot, your pay." She opens up a small strongbox to reveal some trade bars and gold coins. "One thousand gold, as agreed. As I see you are continuing to sub-contract," with a nod towards Thorson, "I'll leave you to the division. If you need healing or anything the city can pay for your treatment."

She sits down behind her desk.

"The city is calming down, at last," she says. "And thanks to you I think the immediate problem with the Shoanti will be resolved peacefully. I've got no pressing duties for you so you are free to go about your busines. I'll send for you when I need you again - I'm sure it'll be a 'when' and not an 'if'," she adds with a tired-looking smile.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well come on Edmond let's see to removing your blindness." Brindom says guiding the warrior out of Kroft's office.

[sblock=OOC] I'm ready to start back at the home Edmond was building. And the gold divison we could handle there as well. [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"The priests know where I live, they send acolytes regularly to teach the kids. Thank you, Marshal, for your offer. I'm kind a eager to get my sight back."

After healing, Edmond continued his studies and repairs on his estate. He even parted with Deathwail for short time, giving it to dwarven smith to improve the weapon.

After seeing how much he had remaining after newest repairs and paying for the children, he tries to find minor magical item(s) to enhance his abliities in future missions.

[sblock=Level downtime]
1. Buy some medium armor - will be more precise when I see how much do I have
2. Buy masterwork weapon - I don't think I can afford magical one yet
3. Learn stuff - including new language I still need to determine which
4. Speak with Lynn about transferring Thing and feeding him with remains of her operation - if she needs that huge reefclaw removed and needs help, we can talk.

Look around for few minor items
Would crystals from Magic item compendium be allowed?
Or sets?

Rephrase the question: what sources for magic items are allowed? There are some like crystals that can be gotten for as little as 500gp which is important for low levels.

How much would you say I need to pay this month for upkeep and repairs? This time, minimum possible - last month (game time) Edmond spent almost 500gp
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
And so just over a week passes. Injuries heal or are healed. Work continues on the Mer'Cauthon house, and Brindom and Manachan move in to act as occasional tutors to the orphans. Dj'hân and Majenko drop in from time to time, as do Lynn and Thorson.

Then news begins to circulate around the city - the King's murderer has been tried. Her public execution will happen on Oathday this week. Marshal Kroft sends you a message - she would like you all to be there as observers, and she fears another riot may occur. The mood of the city is uncertain - many still distrust the Queen, but still others are keen for the blood of the traitor Trinia Sabor.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases