Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan makes a sharp gesture with his right hand, and it's suddenly filled with sand. He blows the sand toward Andaisin and gestures with his left hand; the dust ignites into sparkling motes and fills the air around the priestess and a goodly distance behind her, coating everything in iridescent glitter.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Cast Glitterdust centered just far enough east of Andaisin to catch her in the radius - I believe that keeps all allies clear. If he has to in order to keep Mhairi clear he'll move the center a bit south and take a 5' step West to stay clear himself.

Will Save (DC 16) or Blinded. Gets a save each round for 6 rounds or until she makes it. Also -40 to Stealth checks.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Manachan Aingeali
Male Aasimar (MCP) Monk 2 Sorcerer 4
LG Medium Outsider (native)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 17, flat-footed 18 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 dodge)
hp 47 (2d8+4d6+6)
Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +10
Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Masterwork Silver Dagger +6 (1d4/19-20/x2) and
. . Nunchaku +5 (1d6+1/x2) and
. . Silver Dagger +5 (1d4/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed strike +5 (1d6+1/x2)
Ranged Heavy crossbow +5 (1d10+1/19-20/x2)
Special Attacks flurry of blows +0/+0, heavenly fire (7/day)
Spell-Like Abilities Daylight (1/day)
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 6):
2 (4/day) Glitterdust
1 (8/day) Bless, Chill Touch (DC 16), Mage Armor, Magic Missile
0 (at will) Resistance, Touch of Fatigue (DC 15), Daze (DC 15), Read Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 15), Jolt
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 18
Base Atk +3; CMB +3 (+5 Grappling); CMD 20 (22 vs. Grapple)
Feats Arcane Strike, Dodge, Eschew Materials, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist (3/day) (DC 16), Weapon Finesse
Traits Magical Knack (Sorcerer)
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+11 to make high or long jumps), Bluff +8, Diplomacy +6, Escape Artist +6, Heal +7, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (arcana) +4, Knowledge (history) +4, Knowledge (religion) +4, Perception +13, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +6, Use Magic Device +8
Languages Celestial, Common
SQ ac bonus +3, bloodlines (celestial), celestial sorcery, stunning fist (stun), unarmed strike (1d6)
Combat Gear Potion of cure serious wounds, Smokestick (4), Thunderstone (4); Other Gear Crossbow bolts (20), Heavy crossbow, Masterwork Silver Dagger, Nunchaku (2), Silver Crossbow bolts (5), Silver Dagger, Ring of jumping, Ring of protection +1, Grappling hook, Sack (10 @ 15 lbs), Silk rope, Trail rations (8), 2669 GP, 9 SP, 12 CP
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Crossbow bolts - 0/20
Daylight (1/day) (Sp) - 0/1
Heavenly Fire (7/day) (Sp) - 0/7
Masterwork Silver Dagger - 0/1
Potion of cure serious wounds - 0/1
Silver Crossbow bolts - 0/5
Silver Dagger - 0/1
Smokestick - 0/4
Stunning Fist (3/day) (DC 16) - 0/3
Thunderstone - 0/4
Trail rations - 0/8
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
AC Bonus +3 The Monk adds his Wisdom bonus to AC and CMD, more at higher levels.
Arcane Strike As a swift action, add +1 damage, +1 per 5 caster levels and your weapons are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Celestial Summoned creatures gain DR 2/evil.
Celestial Sorcery Aasimar sorcerers with the Celestial bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all Sorcerer class abilities.
Damage Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Acid attacks.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Daylight (1/day) (Sp) Daylight once per day.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Evasion (Ex) If you succeed at a Reflex save for half damage, you take none instead.
Flurry of Blows +0/+0 (Ex) Make Flurry of Blows attack as a full rd action.
Heavenly Fire (7/day) (Sp) Ranged touch attack deals 1d4 divine damage/healing
Improved Grapple You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when grappling a foe.
Improved Unarmed Strike Unarmed strikes don't cause attacks of opportunity, and can be lethal.
Magical Knack (Sorcerer) +2 CL for a specific class, to a max of your HD.
Ring of jumping This ring continually allows the wearer to leap about, providing a +5 competence bonus on all his Acrobatics checks made to make high or long jumps.

Construction
Requirements: Forge Ring, creator must have 5 ranks in the Acrobatics skill; Cost 1,250 gp
Stunning Fist (3/day) (DC 16) You can stun an opponent with an unarmed attack.
Stunning Fist (Stun) (Ex) At 1st level, the monk gains Stunning Fist as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. At 4th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the monk gains the ability to apply a new condition to the target of his Stunning Fist. This conditio
Unarmed Strike (1d6) The Monk does lethal damage with his unarmed strikes.
--------------------
Silken hair the color of spun gold; eyes the dark blue of deep ocean but shot through with silver; skin the hue of milk with just a hint of chocolate. Manachan was a sensation among his much darker Varisian clan – plainly proof that their kapenia showed true and that their line was descended from divinity.

The Aingeali clan claims descent in direct line from Irori himself, though the claim has been disputed by many. The birth of Manachan, with his very unusual coloring, has been taken as proof by his parents and others of the clan. In many ways, the young man had a charmed childhood.

However, the pressure on him to live up to his ancestor’s divine example has been tremendous, and has led to great internal conflict between the wild ways of his nationality and the discipline espoused by his perfect ancestry. In an effort to resolve this conflict, Manachan left his clan at the age of 13 to enter a small monastery devoted to Irori. He has spent the last four years there, training relentlessly and learning that the path to perfection requires, for him at least, a balance between freedom and discipline, and carefully maintained contradiction between his clan’s nature and his ancestor’s teachings. Adding to his difficulties, about a year after entering the monastery his sorcerous abilities manifested. The instinctual nature of his magic disrupted even further the strict discipline required by the teachings of the monks.

Now 17 and finished with his studies at the monastery, Manachan has found that balance and been released into the world to continue his struggles toward perfection. A confident, outgoing young man with an easy humor and tremendous ability, he has found it fairly easy thus far to make his way.

Now at loose ends and with no instruction other than to find his own way to pursue his perfection, Manachan resolved to return to Korvosa – he had met a young scholar (Edmond) there on one of his errands for the monastery and they had struck a fast friendship. He was fascinated with the life of the sprawling city and decided that learning more of it would provide him some valuable lessons for his path.

Manachan dresses in dark, smoky oranges and forest greens, typically wearing a narrow kilt like wrap from the waist down and either going bare chested or donning a simple tunic – depending on weather and social requirements of his current location. He keeps his hair tied in a ponytail. Other than eyebrows his body is completely lacking secondary hair. He wears his bata strapped to his back, along with his crossbow. All of his other belongings he carries in a sack – to be dropped at a moment’s notice in case of a need to defend himself.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: I struggled with that as well, then decided that Manachan's healing abilities are pretty minimal at this point. Glitterdust is chancy, but if she fails even just her first save that one round of blindness could be very helpful. Sadly, Will is probably her best save :.-(

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Best healing is to drop damage source :) status: dead = no more damage

Fort DC 20 (1d20+7=21) :D :D :D :D

"You need to do better then that, priestess. Irori says that sharpening only ones mind is useless. Body, mind and spirit have to be united in purpose and anything is possible. Unfortunately for you, my purpose after this is to kill you, not to question you."

Waiting for Mhairi before tripping the b**ch :)

Axel

First Post
Mhairi cursed as her bolt flew wide at the last second. Throwing her crossbow to the ground, she drew Manachan's silver dagger and lunged forward with her rapier.

[sblock=ooc]
I was going to wait, but figure Ed's probably got this covered (some serious damage potential there man!). Plus she might even make a flank for you.

5' step north-east. Draw silver dagger (left hand) as move action. Attack madwoman with rapier (+9). 1d6 damage if hit (assuming glitterdust hasn't gone off yet, otherwise +3d6). No access to invisible castle atm, sorry.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: You mistake my intentions, ;) . If you were dropped (I think that damage was enough to put you around -7, right?) I was going to attack, since it would not be very easy for you to stand up without taking an attack of opportunity anyway if I healed you. But since you are still standing healing you up is sure to keep you hitting her longer. Anyway... Spellcraft: 1d20+9=20, Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8+6=15

Ignatius is taken aback by the power of the spell that Andaisin has brought to bear, and says something under his breath. [sblock=Celestial]"Slay living..."[/sblock] It is a wonder that Edmond resisted its malign effect. The ifrit then leaps into action, placing his hand on the duskblade and channeling healing energy into him. It does not undo all of the damage one by the spell, but it mends much of it.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan's spell sparkles around Andaisin, but she shrugs off the effects with barely a blink - it still leaves her glittering brightly, however. Mhairi again is thwarted by the deflecting magic that Andaisin has around her - the slender blade of her rapier veers aside at the last minute and she strikes armour rather than flesh.

[sblock=OOC]
Mhairi - rapier attack 9+8=17, miss
Manachan - glitterdust, Andaisin makes save (she's a cleric, it's a pretty safe bet Will is going to be good)

Edmond - go ahead. You have a flank with Mhairi, BTW.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

Edmond stabs at the priestess as she came closer, but as she start to dodge he sweeps the blade low catching her legs as she moves. The touch of the weapon discharges another shocking jolt as priestess lands on her back.

"Approaching me is the last thing you should be doing, priestess. If you have a spell that can kill me with a touch, you may even survive this." he smiles cold smile with barest tensing of his lips, Deathwail still sparking and his eyes burning still with hypnotic colors marking his inner turmoil.

Trip attack; lightning damage (1d20+13=31, 5d6=16) - [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], reminder, we had decided earlier that touch spells are triggered by contact of the trip attack, so here it is...if you think this is abusing the rules, just change the attack into normal and roll 2d4+12+2 (I will trigger brute gauntlets as swift action to gain +2 to attack and damage and use power attack instead of trip)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Andaisin falls as Edmond pulls her feet from under her, delivering another shock. Gasping, she swings her scythe around, slashing at Edmond's legs. An arc of dark energy crackles between the scythe and her chest as she weakly pulls herself across the floor. "Pallid Princess, help your daughter!" she calls out.

[sblock=OOC]
That seems okay to me, to combine a spell with a combat maneuvre - don't forget that you use CMB vs. CMD for a trip. It works, anyway.

Andaisin - scythe attack from prone at Edmond, hits for 7 slashing + 6 negative energy = 13 damage. She's still prone.

Next up:

Ignatius
Mhairi
Manachan
Edmond
[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC:
I don't think it should work for any weapon, it's class feature of duskblade/magus classes, to be able to attack through the weapon. Since Trip is an attack it should work...

Edmond CMB is better then his attack due to Improved Trip :)

I like 13 damage much better then 53 :D

Remove ads