• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

industrygothica

Adventurer
As the group travels deeper into the woods they begin to see the butterflies the children were talking about. First there were only a few, joined by more and more until they were quite literally everywhere. Buurt feels himself compelled to throw his hands out and giggle in the midst of the swarm.

OOC: I do truly apologize for leaving you hanging on for so long. I find myself all energized and ready to go at times, and then quickly get distracted by other less important things. I reckon you're all used to it by now.

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

"Do you really think that wise, Buurt? I fear that is not a wholly natural conglomeration of insects that you are dealing with."

OOC: Welcome Back, IG! Good to 'see' you again!

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, druidic human ranger

Shai finds himself fascinated by the butterflies, but as their numbers increase, so does his foreboding.

"No chasing these, Dys," he mutters to the wolf, which merely snorts as if to dismiss he has any such frivolous impulses. His tail does suddenly still, however.

OOC: No worries, IG. Always happy to pick Shai back up whenever. :)

Nature check (butterflies) (1d20+14=26)

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia scowls, burying the odd rise of childlike wonder beneath her very adult scorn and cynicism.

"These things have a kind of soporific effect," she says. "They mean to make us stupid, so we'll fall into whatever trap lies beyond. Everyone back off...maybe the swarm can be dissipated with some magical blasts."

Leif

Adventurer

"Blast away, milady," says Uulark, politely deferring to Talashia at once.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia raises her athame, the dagger she focuses her spells with, and incants. A moment later blue-white balls of celestial fire begin streaking down from the heavens, batting their way through tree branches and exploding as they strike the ground; enveloping part of the moth swarm in destruction!

(OOC - Not sure if you need/want a roll for this, but here it is just in case.)

Leif

Adventurer

Uulark involuntarily cringes as the bursts of celestial fire begin to erupt just a bit closer to him than he would prefer. "Couldn't have done that at a safer distance, could you, Talashia? No, I suppose not."

Leif

Adventurer

Sympathizing with Talashia's plight, Uulark will see whether he can have any effect upon the swarm using his --
[sblock=Command Encounter Power]
Command – Charm, Divine, Implement, Std. Action, Wis. vs. Will Ranged10, Target: One creature – Hit: target dazed until the end of my next turn, and I choose whether to a) knock target prone, or b) slide target 3+4(Cha. Mod.) squares.
Uulark's intention is to slide the swarm 7 squares directly away from the party. The "Target" is listed as one creature, but I'm hoping maybe one swarm is the equivalent of one creature in this case? :heh: Uulark will center the force of his will on the largest, most brightly colored butterfly in the group - their 'leader,' he surmises.
[/sblock]
Uulark sings, "Be gone butterflies, Shoo Fly, Shoo!" OOC: Ooops, forgot the +2 bonus for Uulark's Holy Symbol of Hope, so the attack is a 22!

[sblock=IG?]I'm still showing Uulark missing 10 hp from being hit by a black pudding in our last battle. Did we take a rest in there sufficient to re-set to max hp? :) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads