• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, druidic human ranger

"Well, of course we keep going!" Shai says. "I just thought knowing more about what the critters were might give us a better idea of what might be ahead. Whoever or whatever it is, it attracted or imported the moths. Sounds like somethin' that thinks, then."

Dyspeer whimpers, and the big man looks down to him, then blushes as he realizes what he's said.

"I guess that doesn't really narrow it down a lot, huh?"

Friadoc

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]First off, I'm sorry for the massive silence on my end of things. My—now former—employer had me on such a rapid cycling of shift changes that I rarely knew which way was up, nor paid attention to much.

If it's acceptable, I'll read through the backlog, so as to see what Burrt would be aware of and go from there. If it's not acceptable, I totally understand, as well.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=OOC]First off, I'm sorry for the massive silence on my end of things. My—now former—employer had me on such a rapid cycling of shift changes that I rarely knew which way was up, nor paid attention to much.

If it's acceptable, I'll read through the backlog, so as to see what Burrt would be aware of and go from there. If it's not acceptable, I totally understand, as well.[/sblock]

OOC: [sblock=Friadoc]I for one am glad to have you back. Our DM has been struck down by illness, so you really haven't missed that much. [/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
A few moments after the dissipation of the "butterflies" the half-orc returns to his normal affect, although his mood is a bit more dour than normal.

"Freakin' fey," Buurt says with a grumble. "Their idea of a handshake's messin' with your mind, makin' you look more the fool than you'd normally be, and then they b#tch when folks throw nails at them."

With a slight jerk of his thumb toward Talashia, the scout adds, "They even make her temperament seem glacial in it's movements." The last bit is added with a bit more of the half-orcs more pleasant, jovial demeanor, yet his eyes are focused out around the group...watching, and knowing that they're more out there.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia gives Buurt an unreadable look, then starts marching off, rather pointedly heading in the same direction they'd been headed, until the moths had derailed them. It seemed she was ready to resume. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

Shaking his head, Uulark resumes his accustomed place in the formation and heads out. "You'd think I'd be used to such behavior by now," he mutters.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, druidic human ranger

Shai bites his lip as the exchange between the storm-born and the half-orc occurs, but Dyspeer's cold nose on his hand keeps him from making the mistake of trying to get in the middle of it. He lopes along to catch up with the others...

Scotley

Hero
Rogash trudges on trying to focus on their goals and ignore the strange things going on around him and the tension among the others.

Remove ads