• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

Shayuri

First Post
"Oh for pity's sake," spits Talashia. "That was my fault. Sorry...let me try again."

She takes a deep breath and casts the spell anew, summoning another flurry of tiny missiles to crash into the moths.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, druidic human ranger

"I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that the butterflies had to get blasted," the woodsman says with a momentarily contemplative look. Then he shrugs.

"Suppose I've swatted at my fair share o' bugs. So, I guess we want to keep going this direction, yes, if we think they were meant to distract us?"

OOC: Did Shai's Nature check on the previous page tell him anything about the butterflies before they dispersed? Result was a 26

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

"Perhaps it would behoove us to contemplate anything else the nuisance insects might have done besides distract us, if there is anything. Could they have been intended as a symbolic communication or warning to us?"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, druidic human ranger

Shai frowns and shakes his head.

"They aren't butterflies, not really," he says. "They're a kind of fey, but they shouldn't be here. It's nowhere near their home territory."

Leif

Adventurer

"So what does that mean for us and how we should approach our task?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Nothing's changed," Talashia grumps. "Our mission's the same now as it was before. Find Caerwyn...find the missing people...put a stop to whatever's causing it. We were tracking them, the moths got in our way. Now they're not. Ergo, we continue tracking. Follow?"

"Shazi!"

"Yes, 'O' tempestuous one?"

"Scout ahead. Stay out of sight. If you see any more moths, come back and tell us immediately. I don't want us stumbling into a swarm like that unprepared."

"Of course."

She looked over at the others, face stonily stubborn. "Onward then? Or do I continue alone?"

(OOC - Shazi, using a minor action each turn to stay invisible, will fly ahead about 12 squares...2 rounds movement...and fly 3 squares high. If he sees possible threats, including weird moths, he'll come back and warn us. If something perceives him and attacks...Talashia will sense him 'popping,' and that will also warn us. :))

Leif

Adventurer

"I'll not desert Caerwyn, and I daresay that all of us will continue the search as before. Are we not all in agreement in this respect?"

Remove ads