Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I would return standard guard issue equipment, anything else is fair game, if they didn't want it taken they shouldn't be caught.

Unless, of course, Lady Croft ;) I can't help, but think on Lara Croft with such name, asks for something.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Yay! More xp! :D

I was wondering whether the group can accept payment in platinum rather than gold; six pounds of gold is a lot for a little guy to lug around. ;) Incidentally, what are platinum pieces called in Korsova?

Platinum, no problem as you're working for an arm of the government. Platinum pieces are known as platinum crowns, or just crowns, in Korvosa.

Oni

First Post
I think we're going to need to get little Dj'hân a bag (hat?) of holding ASAP, otherwise we're just eventually going to lose him under a pile of junk. :)

Ambrus

Explorer
I do try to keep the contents of Dj'hân's liripoop cap within reason but yeah, with two wands, a deck of cards, a fistful of coins and a few assorted odds and ends, I imagine it is pretty much full up.

You are however thinking along the same lines as me though Oni; I'm hoping to eventually get a Heward's Handy Haverhat of sorts. Doc, might it be possible to commission/purchase a smaller/cheaper version of a H.H.H. in the shape of a liripoop?

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'm willing to go for it, if only for introducing me to the word 'liripoop'.

A standard Handy Haversack can hold 12 cubic feet/120 lbs, costs 2000 gp and weights 5lb. I'm willing to allow for fractions of that, so 1000 go for a 6 cubic feet/60 lb capacity 2.5lb container etc.

Ambrus

Explorer
Heh. I have to admit, "liripoop" just may be my new favorite word. It's particularly fun for Dj'hân since, by definition, it can apply equally well to him, his hat or the zany schemes he comes up with. :D

Unfortunately Dj'hân doesn't have 1,000 gp yet. How's about we divide up a HHH's parameters by six? So, initially Dj'hân could pay 333 gp and get a hat that weighs just under 1 lb., holds 20 lbs. and offers 2 cu. ft. of storage space? Every subsequent 333 gp investment would increase the liripoop's dimensions by 1 lb. / 20 lbs. / 2 cu. ft.

That's about as big as he'd need for the moment. In fact, that's large enough for Dj'hân himself to enter his liripoop; two cubic feet is pretty big when you're only 15 inches tall. With a few more extradimensional space augmentations he'll eventually even have enough room in there to setup a comfortable little living space for himself. :cool:

Oni

First Post
Just hope no one ever yanks it down over his head and then runs off with him in him in his own hat.

Or that it doesn't get cursed and become a liripoop of devouring, that might end badly. (Ok, if I end up DMing again that's going in. :devil:)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
We just got 1000 for such enchantment. And imagine bad guys surprise when apparently unarmed party takes the hat of their smallest and takes out full armory :)

Especialy if we Nystul it to show it's prestidigation or some similar 'no-danger' magic so no one will bother to check

But Edmond would consider that a loan since he has plenty of hungry mouths to feed

Ambrus

Explorer
Thanks Oni for giving the whole spiel to Marshal Kroft; a very eloquent report. With her astronomical Charisma I figure it's best to let Lynn do the talking. Dj'hân is pooped anyway. ;)

Remove ads