[LPF] Lost Imperium

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg

“Thank you, Brother Goswald.”

Pirvinia was actually glad to have the strange magical ring as she was not terrible excited about the meal offered. It was not so much the food itself, but the casual method of dumping in on canvas to eat. She was content to sip some of the cider for pure enjoyment.

The sorceress suggested, “You can probably have seconds if you like the fare, Tsaaruck. Though, normally some of this would be served on plates or in bowls at least.”

She was not very keen on discussing their quest in such a public place where anyone could eavesdrop on them. Better to save anything important for when they were around the campfire and had no risk to be overheard, but Quillian had already decided to bring up the subject.

Being conversational as she was not stuffing food in her face, Pirvinia changed the subject, “Quillian, I will admit that our sea journey was not a pleasure jaunt, but it was certainly easier on the backside compared to the next week and more we are going to spend bouncing up and down in the saddle. Mayhap around the campfire would be a more appropriate locale to discuss what we are about instead of here.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +5 (7 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
26 Current: 26
CMD:
12, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 7/7, 2nd Level: 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +12
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
13 Current: 13
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +6
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +8, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Brother Goswald digs into the food with gusto. He, at least, doesn't seem to be bothered by the method of service. He snatches up a potato, juggles it from hand to hand before dropping it back onto the table right in front of him to save for after it has cooled a bit. He smiles indulgently at Pirvinia.

"Don't be too put off by all this. I hear it's fairly common among certain coastal settlements of dwarves. Manners like a pack of ravenous badgers but they know how to cook. The mix of spices is what makes the dish, I think." He peels the shell off a shrimp and pops the meat into his mouth. The shell he tosses into a bucket placed at the end of the table for just such a purpose. "Didn't think to find it here, though.

As for the other..."
Goswald looks around. The crowd seems thoroughly caught up in the music and dancing and pays the odd gathering of adventurers little mind. "With all this racket I doubt anyone could hear us. I can hardly hear what we're saying. But we do have a week on the road and the tale, brief as it is, will help pass the time. If you don't mind, Quillian, I'll save it for the morning." Saving the story to pass the time doesn't seem to be Goswald's only reason for delay as he is eating the food like he is starving. But the man didn't adjust to sea travel nearly as well as the others and ate little on the sea voyage; apparently his appetite has returned now that he is off ship.

kzl.gif
cx87.jpg
w26c.png

. . . . Port Duvende . . . . . . . . Dwarven Innkeeper . . . . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Quillian just chuckles in the midst of eating his own share and a second share as well. "I doubt tales of books and vague descriptions of abandoned ruins would catch much attention here. Now if we were talking hard coin and treasure, it would likely be a different story. Books, though, are not a primary concern for a dock crowd, and I could throw a copper into the middle of the room, and get at least a couple of similar tales of ancient ruins infested with some great evil or another, possibly even one or two of Old Greybeard's treasure." After finishing his second serving, he eyes a third before deciding to return his attention to the dance floor before he's too stuffed to move. After a few minutes, he attracts the attention of a lovely gnomish lass and he spends the rest of the evening socializing with the other bar patrons, swapping stories and dancing the occasional dance, before turning in early enough to get some sleep before the party's early morning start.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg

Pirvinia was not really offended by the way of eating, but it was not for her. Even if the food was a little dirty from the serving method, she had magic to clean it off before eating it. Out of curiosity, not for sustenance, she sampled some.

Before too long, she left the common room to take that hot bath she requested and returned refreshed an hour later to rejoin her companions at the table to watch over things.

With the magical ring, Pirvinia was not tired and felt able to stay up very late in to the wee hours of the night before using the room she had procured.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +5 (7 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
26 Current: 26
CMD:
12, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 7/7, 2nd Level: 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +12
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
13 Current: 13
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +6
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +8, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruck intent on getting his fill of food does not pay much attention to the talk of books but is amused watching Quillian dance and twirl about the room. His thoughts turn to how useful it might be to twist and turn through a battle subtly thrusting a sword about at the right time. Of course that is not his way and he discards the thought as he reaches for more food. After all you never know when the next meal will be delayed for unseen reasons.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 41 current: 41
CMB: +7 / CMD: 19 Fort: +6 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 10/10

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The evening passes with food and music and revelry if desired. Quillian entertains several young lasses on the dance floor and has a rowdy but appreciative audience when he tells his stories. He has made several new friends in this port and he knows he would be welcome to come back any time. Pirvinia's bath is in a tiny room with a large copper tub. The water is steaming and the innkeeper has thoughtfully set out a thin slice of herbal soap that fills the room with a soothing aroma when she uses it. She carries the scent with her when she returns to the common room and several heads turn as she passes. Samad, Garadh, and Tsaaruck aren't the center of as much attention as the outgoing Quillian or enchanting Pirvinia but the locals and travelers chat and occasionally refill their drinks. Goswald makes an early evening of it retreating to one of the rooms upstairs. The party continues several hours after sunset but eventually dies down: locals make their farewells and head out into the streets, patrons either retreat upstairs to their rooms or pass out with their heads on the table. And so the night passes.

The next morning Goswald is up before all except Pirvinia and has ordered a hearty breakfast for everyone that is laid out and waiting as you come downstairs. The breakfast is served in a more traditional way on heavy wooden plates and is plentiful if nothing else. Goswald's eagerness to set off is obvious and he soon has everyone mounted up on their horses and ready to go.

"We'll not be taking the Telen Pass into Tal Hallow," begins Brother Goswald as he explains their morning travel plan. "That would take us too far out of the way. We'll be traveling the north road." The north road out of Port Duvende begins off as a solid stone road of dwarven construction but a couple of miles on as it winds into the steep hills and heads inland and upward to higher elevation it quickly degenerates into a track just wide enough for the horses to travel in single file. The weather is also no longer that of balmy Venza: clouds roll down from the mountains and put a coolness in the air that is refreshing.

Goswald looks over at Quillian. "Well, I suppose now is as good a time as any to tell that story you asked for last night. Not much too it, though." He muses a bit before he begins the tale in earnest. "I am by training a stonemason and by inclination a lay brother of the Transcendental Imperium with an interest in the lost temples from before this current, more civilized, age. I finished working a job in Martna rebuilding a temple destroyed by fire into a civic building and was traveling while between work. I came upon King Danyll's lands and was invited to dine with the king in his castle. Now, when I say this is a kingdom you might have lofty visions having come from Venza but it is a mean, little kingdom by comparison. While the king and his wife are goodly rulers the land is cold and inhospitable and the farms that hug the ground around the castle are hemmed in by dark forest. The king claims much land but the forest is wild and foreboding. So, I was dining with the king and his warband and explaining about my work when one of the king's band made mention of a ruin that I might be interested a couple of days into the hills beyond the kingdom."

Goswald shrugs. "The rest you already know. I hiked into the high hills and found the ruin. I thought it was abandoned at first but became more convinced that something there was playing cat and mouse games with me. I was overcome with fear and fled not thinking I would make it to the safety of the king's hall. I think it was a close thing when the king's band found me in full panicked flight. An hour or so later and I fear that those creatures I described would have tired of the game and ended my life."

[sblock=OOC]Any particular travel plans? At the least I'll need a single-file order for travel through the hills and forests.[/sblock]

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad woke with a start. He didn't remember much of last evening, or even going to bed, so he thanked Bashu that he found his way to it. In truth, it didn't really alarm him as much as it used to, as such would occasionally happen when he got to deeply into his meditation. Still, it was irregular enough that it still came as a small surprise when it did finally happen. On the matter of meditation, it was dawn, so he performed a quick one within the confines of his room. He knew they would be in a hurry this morning, so he trusted that his lord would be understanding. He donned his clothes and gear and headed downstairs, where breakfast was waiting. He acknowledged those already present with a quick, "Sabaah al-khayr."
The elf ate quickly and racked his brain. There was something he meant to do, but it had long since escaped him in the haze of last night. Well, he supposed that if it was truly important, he wouldn't have forgotten it, so he pushed it to the back of his mind and turned to the task at hand.

Mounted and ready, Samad listened to Goswald's story intently, speaking up when the monk was done, "That is troubling to hear. Thankfully, I believe we might be fated to succeed in clearing out these beast from the ruins. I may not be entitled to speak on such matters of the gods' wills, but seeing as how we have already slain two of dragon-kin, we might look upon such, if not as a good omen, then as a mere sign of our collective prowess in engagement."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry I've taken so long to respond, I didn't have much time to myself the last few days.

As for marching order, I think Samad would probably do best near the back.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +5
Perception: +9, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+4, 18-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2/2

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruck is eager in the morning to get moving for his own reasons. He still finds the confines of cities to be a bit crowding and uncomfortable and is excited to be on the road. Once underway he moves to the front of the group and scans the area ahead of them for any sign of trouble. Seated upon his heavy horse he is a forbidding site even if it is in appearance only as he is not a master rider nor is his horse a trained warhorse. Like him it is just big with an attitude.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 41 current: 41
CMB: +7 / CMD: 19 Fort: +6 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 10/10

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Garadh_zps2e17f378.jpg

Garadh

Garadh is also ready to depart on the expedition. He double-checks his gear and weapons for one final time. Finding everything still in order, Garadh and his horse take a position directly behind Tsaaruck.

Mini-stats:
[sblock]
Garadh
Initiative: +2
HP : 35, currently 35
AC: 21 (touch 13, flat-footed 18)
CMB +7, CMD 19
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +0[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

One of the first ones down to breakfast, he doesn't speak as his appetite continues to display itself with another impressive performance of efficiently downing far more food than he should be able to eat. On the road, he tries to stay near the front of the group so as to avoid his vision being hindered by any dust cloud thrown up by the party, being more effected by it than the others in the party.

[sblock=ministats]
AC: 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 20/20 Initiative: +2
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
*+2 vs fear, charm, compulsion
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:

Lightning Arc 5/5

Magic:
CL 3; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +3