• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Lost Imperium

GlassEye

Adventurer
When Tsaaruk comes up out of his tumble with axe in hand and makes a bee-line for the nearest hobgoblin to attack it, the hobgoblin steps back and fires. The shot is deadly accurate and punches right through Tsaaruk's armor to deal a nasty wound.

GM: Combat: Round One
Everyone is up.

Combat Map
[sblock=Combat Information]BigB: I'm not sure why ditzie isn't allowing you to update for this map when you could for the last.
Also, I may be missing something but Tsaaruk was 10 ft away with a 5 ft step and I don't see anything that gives reach. It looks like the space directly between him and the hobgoblin is clear enough for a charge and I'll operate as if that's what Tsaaruk did until I learn differently.

Awareness:
Hobgoblin 1 & 3 have revealed their positions to all by attacking.
Tsaaruk sees all the hobgoblins.
Garadh & Samad see 1 & 3.
Pirvinia sees 1, 2, & 3 and suspects 4.
Quillian 1, 2, & 3.

Terrain:
-Elevation: When more than one elevation line passes through a square the PC will have to pass a DC 5 Climb to move through. Two lines is a 10 ft. climb, three is a 20 ft. climb. Climb (1/4 speed; must use both hands; no Dex to AC)
-Forest: Outlined masses are trees or shrubs that provide concealment (20% miss chance; 1-20) but won't affect movement.
-Dead Tree & Unconscious horse are difficult terrain.

Initiative
Adventurers
Ambushers

Party Stats
Garadh: 35/35 hp remaining
Pirvinia: 26/26 hp remaining [Mage Armor]
Quillion: 20/20 hp remaining
Tsaaruk: 22/41 hp remaining [19 from previous rolled attack]
-Horse: -2/19 hp remaining
Samad: 30/30 hp remaining

Enemy Stats
Hobgoblin 1: (AC 16, 14 FF, 12 T) 17/17 hp remaining
Hobgoblin 2: (AC 16, 14 FF, 12 T) 17/17 hp remaining
Hobgoblin 3: (AC 16, 14 FF, 12 T) 9/17 hp remaining
Hobgoblin 4: (AC 16, 14 FF, 12 T) 17/17 hp remaining
Ogre: (AC 17, 17 FF, 8 T) 30/30 hp remaining[/sblock]

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

Garadh_zps2e17f378.jpg

Garadh

Garadh leaps from his saddle and lands steadily. He quickly draws his sling, loads it with a bullet, and throws, but his aim is poor.

Actions and rolls
[sblock]
Ride DC 20 to dismount as a free action rather than a move action = 1d20+4 = 22 (wow, didn't really expect that to work)
Draw weapon as a free action (<+1 BAB)
Load sling as a move action
Sling attack as a standard action = 1d20+5 = 11[/sblock]

MIni-stats
[sblock]
Garadh
Initiative: +2
HP : 35, currently 35
AC: 21 (touch 13, flat-footed 18)
CMB +7, CMD 19
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +0[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia remained on her warhorse, preferring the mobility, and stepped her black roan to the side and got out of Garadh's way.

With more hobgoblins showing themselves, she did not waste time and began making her arcane gestures. A ray of scorching fire shot from her finger at the nearest hobgoblin (hob1) and it hit him badly. The goblinoid remained on his feet though.

"Let me know if you want to grow big, Garadh. It might be easier to get at them in this terrain."

Updated Map for Pirvinia & Garadh
[sblock=Crunch]Ride Horse - Updated Map
Scorching Ray vs. Hob 1 (1d20+5=23, 4d6+1=13)
Draw Enlarge Wand[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +5 (7 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
26 Current: 26
CMD:
12, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Enlarge Wand
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 5/7, 2nd Level: 3/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +12
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
13 Current: 13
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +6
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +8, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock][sblock=Ditzie]You are not alone, BigB. I have been using Ditzie in multiple games and receive reports of people having issues, but nothing consistent yet to give me a clue to what’s going on. Personally, I only had 1 problem the entire time and I had to reload the map from the link and start over.

There is an issue with iPhones and iPads, but that is not the problem people are having.

I am tending to leave grid coordinates on my maps so people can post those if they cannot update with Ditzie and the next person in line can do it for them.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
View attachment 60519

Growling in pain Tsaaruck moves forward to repay the hobgoblin and connects violently with his warhammer. He howls an indecipherable challenge in the hobgoblins face.

[sblock] Glasseye - Not sure what I was thinking, I certainly missed the distance by 5 feet on the surprise round.

attack Hobgoblin3 1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19 damage 1D8+4 = [4]+4 = 8
[/sblock]

updated map Tsaaruck

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 41 current: 22
CMB: +7 / CMD: 19 Fort: +6 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 10/10

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"May the spirits of the storm guide my hand this day." Quillian easily gets his cantrip off as Sam finds open ground on the backside of the hill and takes full advantage.

[sblock=actions]Sam double moves
Quillian casts Guidance on himself; Concentration to cast Guidance (DC 10) (1d20+9=20)[/sblock]

Updated Map

[sblock=Quillian ministats]
AC: 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 20/20 Initiative: +2
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
*+2 vs fear, charm, compulsion
Current Weapon in Hand: Produce Flame
Current Conditions in Place: Guidance

Lightning Arc 5/5

Magic:
CL 3; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +3
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused

Cantrips - Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1st - Obscuring Mist; Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Excavation, Produce Flame (cast)
2nd - Wind Wall; Gust of Wind, Summon Nature's Ally II[/sblock]

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
It was to much to ask for a trip to go undisturbed, wasn't it. A few hobgoblins, however, should prove no real threat, at least, that was what Samad thought. He looked over at the monk and nodded, "You might want to stay close to us, Brother."

At this he spurred his horse forward to get a clearer shot of the enemy, while stringing his bow and muttering a quick prayer in his native tongue, "Oh Lord Bashu, give me the resolve to put an end to these infidels assuredly."
His god responded in kind, as he felt a bolstered strength course through his veins.

Updated Map
[sblock=OOC]Along with moving, he draws his bow (which can be done as a free action paired with a movement action) and casts Heroism on himself.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +4* Reflex: +9* Will: +7*
Perception: +11*, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow (+8*, 1d8, 18-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance, Heroism*
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1/2

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The hobgoblin burnt by Pirvinia makes one last shot at Tsaaruk before turning to flee. The arrow flies in a perfect arc and drops to pierce Tsaaruk's armor and open another wound on the half-orc. Quillian hears a crashing in the bushes behind him just before the hobgoblin comes into view scant feet away.

The hobgoblin engaged with Tsaaruk proves to have more mettle than his fleeing companion. He steps back and again draws his bow against the half-orc. The arrow buzzes past Tsaaruk's ear and disappears into the woods. Of the other two hobgoblins, one moves around to take another shot at Tsaaruk which misses and the other moves forward to take cover behind the felled tree and fire at Garadh. The arrow strikes Garadh's armor but is deflected and does no damage.

Brother Goswald stays back while the rest of the group advances to deal with the hobgoblin ambush. His horse is a little skittish at the sounds of battle but he manages to keep it under control until a bellow comes from the hill not far from him. Then, despite his best efforts, the horse begins to shy away and show signs of imminent flight.

The bellow is followed by a crashing in the underbrush as an ogre rises from its hiding place shedding branches and leaves from its blind where it squatted hidden. A javelin is clutched in one fist but with no one in the open lane of fire available to the ogre it is forced to trundle down the hill. It swats at bushes with the javelin as it goes and roars out a challenge in Goswald's direction.

GM: Combat: Round Two
Everyone is up.

Combat Map
[sblock=Combat Information]Hob1 fires and flees. My dice have been rolling hot against Tsaaruk, BigB. :(

Awareness:
All opponents known to entire party.

Terrain:
-Elevation: When more than one elevation line passes through a square the PC will have to pass a DC 5 Climb to move through. Two lines is a 10 ft. climb, three is a 20 ft. climb. Climb (1/4 speed; must use both hands; no Dex to AC)
-Forest: Outlined masses are trees or shrubs that provide concealment (20% miss chance; 1-20) but won't affect movement.
-Dead Tree & Unconscious horse are difficult terrain.

Initiative
Adventurers
Ambushers

Party Stats
Garadh: 35/35 hp remaining
Pirvinia: 26/26 hp remaining [Mage Armor]
Quillion: 20/20 hp remaining [Guidance]
Tsaaruk: 14/41 hp remaining [8 dmg]
-Horse: -3/19 hp remaining
Samad: 30/30 hp remaining [Heroism]

Enemy Stats
Hobgoblin 1: (AC 16, 14 FF, 12 T) 4/17 hp remaining
Hobgoblin 2: (AC 16, 14 FF, 12 T) 17/17 hp remaining
Hobgoblin 3: (AC 16, 14 FF, 12 T) 9/17 hp remaining
Hobgoblin 4: (AC 16, 14 FF, 12 T) 17/17 hp remaining
Ogre: (AC 17, 17 FF, 8 T) 30/30 hp remaining[/sblock]

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? Surely you don't think you're leaving before you're thoroughly baked." Quillian chuckles as the hobgoblin stumbles near, launching a ball of fire to finish off the scorching of the fleeing hobgoblin before redirecting Sam past the now unconscious ambusher to the top of the hill to gain some height advantage over the rest of his foes.

[sblock=actions]Produce Flame ranged touch attack = 15, damage = 5 (Used Guidance)
Sam moves to top of hill[/sblock]

Updated Map

[sblock=Quillian ministats]
AC: 19 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 20/20 Initiative: +2
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
*+2 vs fear, charm, compulsion
Current Weapon in Hand: Produce Flame (2 shots remaining)
Current Conditions in Place:

Lightning Arc 5/5

Magic:
CL 3; +9 Concentration (+13 Casting Defensively); SR +3
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused

Cantrips - Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize
1st - Obscuring Mist; Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Excavation, Produce Flame (cast)
2nd - Wind Wall; Gust of Wind, Summon Nature's Ally II[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruck moves forward thinking to finish off this Hobgoblin once and for all but as he moves another arrow strikes him punching through his armor and his attack missed the target.

updated map

[sblock]
Glasseye unfortunately I have not been reciprocating with those rolls. :) We will see how much punishment he can take.

attack Hobgoblin 3 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 41 current: 14
CMB: +7 / CMD: 19 Fort: +6 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 10/10

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia wheeled her horse around and moved closer to the threat behind them.

"Let me try to have him slip and fall so the two of you can deal with him quickly," she said to Samad and Garadh.

After moving closer she conjured up a patch of grease underneath the hulking giant's feet.

Updated Map for Pirvinia & Hob 1 down
[sblock=Crunch]Ride Horse - Updated Map
Draw all her wands
Cast Grease at Ogre's feet, (DC15 Reflex)[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +5 (7 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
26 Current: 26
CMD:
12, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Wands
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 4/7, 2nd Level: 3/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +12
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: