• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Lost Imperium

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The elf was about to draw another arrow when he heard a great death howl behind him, and a bolt of fear flash across his foe's visage. He reasoned that the battle must have drawn to a close. Dramatically, Samad jabbed a finger in the direction of the wildman, before thrusting it in the direction of the forest, shouting, "Begone!"

Turning around, Samad's heart leapt into his throat. Garadh was laying, bloodied, upon the ground. So he himself leapt forward, dashing and rolling, all the while chanting, "O Merciful Bashu, let my hand be the hand to save the life of the just," and praying that it wasn't too late. He stopped over Garadh's limp form, hand alight and surging with powers known yet unknown. He let the bow slip from his grasp as he knelt and placed his palm upon the warrior's brow. The light consumed them, as it felt to Samad that he was channeling the essence if the stars themselves. As he began to feel life returning to Garadh, a tether returning his soul from the brink to its anchor, he gazed up at the moon and thanked it for its bounty.
[sblock=OOC]I can't remember it it's night or day, but since the moon is often in the sky during the day anyway (at least in my experience), then it doesn't really matter all that much, does it? :p
Anyway, he keeps his battle dance up for another round (Garadh is about 45' away, which is Samad's full range of movement), and casts Cure Light Wounds.
CLW (1d8+5=12)[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +2 Reflex: +8 Will: +5
Perception: +10, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow (+9*, 1d8+5*, 20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Point-Blank Shot, Inspire Courage (+2)*
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 1/3

Used Items:
Arrows (11/20)
Abilities Used:
Battle Dance 8/15 rnds
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pivinia sent her flaming sphere towards the last of their foes, the ball of flaming rolling towards the lone wild man. There spell was not going to last much longer, but it was enough to chase after him as he took off. He had no chance to survive and he knew it.

She dismissed her invisibility spell as soon as the danger was over and turned back to the dead Wolf King, suggesting, “I think someone is going to have to cut that thing open to let the maiden out.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)-> 17 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 20
CMD:
14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Acid Flask, Wand of Enlarge Person, & Wand of CLW
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 5/9, 2nd Level: 3/5, 3rd Level (4/4)

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +14
AC:
19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
mirra_150_2.jpg

Mirra draws her curing wand and throws it to the dervish. "Make sure he lives, Samad!" she says. "When he's stable, see if any of the wildmen can be saved. This contest is madness, and it needs to be stopped. But for now ..." She stands over the Wolf King's corpse with a drawn dagger. She looks pale and nervous as she kneels by the beast's belly. "I think I'm the closest thing we have to a chirugeon. Ancestors guide my hand."

[sblock=OOC]Giving CLW wand to Samad. Use charges as necessary. Really don't want to make this Heal check...

Heal (1d20+4=15)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 18+2 (13+2 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 35/35
CMB: +4 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 4/11
Cognatogen Prepared: None
1st Level: 2/5
2nd Level: 1/3
Extracts Prepared: Barkskin x2, Enlarge Person, Shield x2

Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb (+6, x2, 3d6+4+2), Longspear (+4, x2, 1d8, Silver/Reach)
Current Conditions in Effect: Cognatogen (+4 Int, -2 Str, +2 Natural AC)

Used Items:
Alchemist's ice

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
With a heaving inhalation Garadh regains consciousness under the healing magics of Samad's god. Pirvinia chases off the last wildman with flaming sphere. The wildman doesn't stop when he reaches the trees and the noise of his passage fades as he moves away.

Despite her misgivings Mirra proves adept at her knifework. With a single cut bulging guts tumble out onto the ground and it is quick work to cut into the stretched stomach. The girl, Polina, cloaked in red and covered in foul liquids, spills out. She lies limply in the grass panting for breath. She pushes herself to support herself with her arms then throws the beslimed cloak off. Her face and arms are covered in splotchy red marks and her pants turn into great sobbing, hiccuping gasps. She clutches Mirra with all the feeble strength in her arms, as if she never intends to let go.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia put one of her wands away, leaving the healing one out for the moment. She got hurt pretty bad, but she was willing to forgo her own healing for a few moments.

She made the gestures for casting a minor cantrip (Prestidigitation). Immediately, the rescued girl was starting to be cleaned of the gunk and stench from being inside the Wolf King.

“There, that should help make you feel a little bit better, at least.”

“Mazi, can you fly up in the tree house and see if there is anything else of interest up there?”
she asked her familiar. The thrush flitted up to do her mistress’s bidding now that the danger appeared to be gone.

[sblock=OOC Note]Heh, Little Red Riding Hood got ate by the wolf this time. Where’s granny? :p

Kidding aside, I thought we met Polina and she was older than 8 yrs old. Did I miss something somewhere?[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)-> 17 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 20
CMD:
14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Acid Flask, Wand of Enlarge Person, & Wand of CLW
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 5/9, 2nd Level: 3/5, 3rd Level (4/4)

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +14
AC:
19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
mirra_150_2.jpg

Mirra comforts Polina. "It's okay, brave girl. It's over. First, we get you back to your parents, and then we make sure this never happens again, to you or to anyone else," she says. She looks at the bodies of the Wolf King and the wildmen, and her expression hardens. "There was too much death today, and all of it was unnecessary. I am not happy." The last two words are a threat and a promise.

[sblock=OOC]PM, the woman we met was this girl's older sister.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb (+6, x2, 3d6+4+2), Longspear (+4, x2, 1d8, Silver/Reach)

Used Items:
Alchemist's ice

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]You're right, PM. She's about 12. Chalk that up to faulty DM memory; I'll edit the above post. You all did see her at the ceremony before the all night vigil.
Vigil post
I'll get a post up to answer questions/actions a bit later.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk is much relieved to see the girl cut free from the wolfking. With the end of immediate threat Tsaaruk lets the anger subside and the exhaustion takes over. He stands over the group and watches feeling somewhat helpless as the others tend to Garadh and the girl. "That was a close one. Thankfully we are all able to walk away from this ceremony and perhaps with the end of the wolfking there will be no more."

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 54 current: 54
CMB: +9 / CMD: 21 Fort: +7 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 8/12
Renewed Vigor: 1/1

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
With the stinging bile cleansed from her skin and hair Polina almost seems like a different girl. She does continue to cling to Mirra's hand and she latches onto Pirvinia's as well as if the two women are the lifeline keeping her from sinking into hysteria. She does manage to murmur a thank you though whether it is in response to being cleaned off, rescued, or the promise to take her home is hard to tell.

Mazi flies up into the tree house and it is several minutes before she comes back. During that time an occasional clatter can be heard but Pirvinia senses no distress from her familiar. Eventually Mazi flies out and lands on Pirvinia's shoulder to twitter in her ear.

"Nothing worthwhile. Looks like an herbalist was in residence at one time but anything of value was broken and ruined by that brutish wolf."

Systole

First Post
mirra_150_2.jpg

Mirra gently lets go of Polina's hand. "I'll be just a moment. Stay with Pirvinia. There's something I need to do," she says. Retrieving her wand from Samad, she makes her way to the dying wildman and checks to see if he still lives.

[sblock=If still alive]She kneels beside him and taps him once with the wand, then again. As his eyes flutter open, she speaks. "What language do you speak? Old Landellian? Inner Sea? Sylvan?" When she finds a language he understands, she continues. "Tell your leaders and elders to choose an emissary who will return here in three days and speak for them. At noon. Because there are going to be no more lost children. Do you understand? The rules of the Challenge are changing as of today. The hunting of innocents ... is over." She stands up. "Now go."[/sblock]
The aasimar returns to the girl. "It looks like there's nothing more for us here, so let's get you back to the castle and your family."

[sblock=OOC]Can I get a current XP tally for Mirra? I might burn some DMC for level 6.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

Used Items:
Alchemist's ice

[/sblock]

Remove ads