• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Lost Imperium

Systole

First Post
mirra_150_2.jpg

Mirra nods to Samad. "A crypt is a place where this flower might be found," she agrees carefully. "It would not hurt to look there. It was back a in the direction we met? Then I'll meet you on the road in a day or two."

[sblock=OOC]Mirra was planning on sleeping rough. She holds the citizens as being complicit and does not want their hospitality either.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 18+2 (13+2 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 35/35
CMB: +4 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 4/11
Cognatogen Prepared: None
1st Level: 2/5
2nd Level: 1/3
Extracts Prepared: Barkskin x2, Enlarge Person, Shield x2

Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb (+6, x2, 3d6+4+2), Longspear (+4, x2, 1d8, Silver/Reach)
Current Conditions in Effect: Cognatogen (+4 Int, -2 Str, +2 Natural AC)

Used Items:
Alchemist's ice

[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk shrugs knowing Mirra is more than capable as he witnessed in the fight with the wolfking for it was Mirra's mixtures that allowed him to run uncontested to bring the fight to the wolfking. He does hope the group reunites with Mirra. "Warrior Sister do as you need. I hope you find your flower and that we meet on the road shortly." After saying his piece he turns with the group to return to the castle to resupply.

[sblock=mini stats]

Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 54 current: 54
CMB: +9 / CMD: 21 Fort: +7 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 8/12
Renewed Vigor: 1/1

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Part two will be wrapping up tomorrow when I get the time to write a post wrapping things up. Feel free to talk more with NPCs if you want but with Mirra absenting herself I figured you would probably rather keep it fairly short and rejoin her.

Once I post up the numbers (probably day after tomorrow as tomorrow will be a very full day for me) Tsaaruk and Mirra have roughly 5,500 gp to spend
Samad, Garadh, & Pirvinia have roughly 6,200 gp to spend
This is combined encounter gold and time-based gold.

As before, feel free to 'shop' for new equipment though it'll actually be gifts from King Danyll. I imagine Mirra wouldn't want to accept gifts if she even goes back to the castle at all but the King would press gifts on the group to give to Mirra when they rejoin her.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia turned to Tsaaruk with a bit of uncertainty.

“Big guy, I think she was considering to look for the flower with us at the crypt we are planning on returning to…”

“Except there was not many flowers growing tin the snow, Mirra,”
she added for the aasimar.

“In any case, could you not stay at the inn where you would be safe while sleeping? Paying for your lodging at an inn is not accepting a reward over these events you have spoken out so strongly against.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)-> 17 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 20
CMD:
14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Acid Flask, Wand of Enlarge Person, & Wand of CLW
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 5/9, 2nd Level: 3/5, 3rd Level (4/4)

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +14
AC:
19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The villagers are muted until they pull away from the group returning to the keep. Then they get a little more animated chattering amongst themselves and planning for a community meal in the town square. The king and his family are expected to preside over it and as their guests the group is welcome as well, despite Mirra's vocal objection to local belief and tradition. King Danyll walks along quietly next to his wife, Queen Raisa, whose stiff posture still proclaims her indignation. A lady in waiting walks next to the queen cooing soothingly in her ear. Valeriya walks with Polina; the younger girl clutches her sister's hand tightly and the older sister talks in a non-stop patter just low enough to be difficult to hear but it seems to be a recounting of all the minor things that happened in the keep when Polina was away.

Matta Sofya hurries to join Mirra and match her strides to the aasimar's. She walks alongside quietly for a moment before speaking. "We don't have the luxury of denying our gods. Our gods are jealous and vindictive when slighted unlike the indifferent, lenient gods of the north." Mirra gets the feeling that by lenient Matta Sofya really means something closer to lazy. "Our gods are like our land: beautiful, harsh, and cold though remarkably generous when the season is right. But I didn't join you to defend our ways of doing things or spark an argument. What is this flower you seek?"

Mirra remembers that it wasn't so much the flower that Mother Telka sought but the honey made from the pollen of the Aamornan and the honey was rumored to be collected and prized by the local fey. At this time of year, late spring when a dusting of snow is not unusual, the flower won't be blooming.

A hulking member of the king's warband with a perpetual hang-dog expression and whose name you seem to recall is something like Sobachka hangs back with the group. "He's got the king's own luck," he says pointing at Garadh. "Fighted off the demon-fever then survived a tussle with the Wolf-King. And he gots Wolf-Slayer on his belt. I'd give my eye-tooth for that axe." He grins and it is obvious he doesn't have many to spare though he seems serious about making a trade.

Soon enough the crowd reaches the road at the base of the keep where the houses of the villagers cluster. Most of the villagers turn towards the town but some, servants of the royal family, continue up to the keep. It will be a couple of hours before the communal meal so the king and his family will go up to the castle as well. Before he does so, King Danyll turns to the group.

"You are welcome still to enjoy the hospitality of my home but if you choose to move on, please, first allow me to reward you for rescuing my daughter."

[sblock=Pics]
c53u.png
w26c.png
hn3w.png

. . . . Jyman Trout . . . . . . . Brother Goswald . . . . . . . . . . Valeriya . . . . . .

a9oq.png
rxsq.png
zi8h.png

. . . . . King Danyll . . . . . . . . . Queen Raisa . . . . . . . . Matta Sofya . . . . .
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
mirra_150_2.jpg

"Matta Sofya, I thank you for that information. But I did not think that finding the flower at the crypt would be likely. I was merely trying to be somewhat politic," Mirra replies. "Too little and too late, I know.

"But if you wish to speak of gods, then let me be clear: If the challenge involved people who chose their fate freely, I would accept it. Or if Lesovik were to simply choose the participants indiscriminately, I might not approve, but I could at least understand. But Lesovik specifically demands the sacrifice of innocents, if not in body then in mind. Polina might have survived, but she went through hell, or as near to hell as can exist in this world. If I were you, I would go into the wood this afternoon and gather as much valerian root as I could can carry, because that child is going to have night terrors tonight, and then for the rest of her life."

The alchemist stops and turns to the wise woman. "You may disapprove of northern gods, Matta Sofiya, but none of claim that the price of their pleasure is the destruction of innocence. None of them are that ... cold," she says, although it is clear that she means something closer to vile. "And if I may speak freely, much of my issue with the Challenge is that your people simply acquiesce to it, because nothing justifies the sacrifice of a child. Nothing. That is an absolute, even in the face of a god's wrath."

"So I thank you again for the information regarding the flower, but I cannot accept your honors, your gifts, or your hospitality. Good day, mistress,"
she says, dismissing the wise woman, preferring to walk alone the rest of the way.

At the base of the keep, she bows stiffly to the king, then turns away and sets off down the road, having nothing more to say.

[sblock=OOC]--[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb (+6, x2, 3d6+4+2), Longspear (+4, x2, 1d8, Silver/Reach)

Used Items:
Alchemist's ice

[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia said nothing as Mirra ignored her and rudely walk away regardless. She had to wonder why they would want her company when she clearly did not give two coppers for them. She sighed and shook her head in disappointment. The woman was certainly outspoken, but had no right to force her believes upon the community and snub their kindness over it.

“Well, I am not in need of feasting. I don't really eat much any more. But I shall stay with my companions as they are want. Please forgive the rudeness of the other one in our company. She did not travel from a far with us and we only just met her. When it comes to questioning the faith of others and their gods' wishes, that is something better left to priests and priestess's and certainly not the preview of a traveling outlander.

She will accept the hospitality and gifts.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)-> 17 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 20
CMD:
14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Nothing
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 5/9, 2nd Level: 3/5, 3rd Level (4/4)

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +14
AC:
19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock] [sblock=Purchases]Looking for:
Available Page of Spell Knowledge 1st (Silent Image) (1d100=42) -1000gp
Available Metamagic Rod, Lesser (Selective Spell) (1d100=55) -3000gp
Available Amulet of Natural Armor (1d100=28) -2000gp[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
As much as Tsaaruk enjoys the company of humans and the other civilized goodly races and he indeed embraces his humanity, he is often puzzled by the actions they take. The customs of these people do not make sense to him but who is he to tell them after all they are not the wild orc tribes he grew up knowing. There is a society to be offended by. Of course he will accept their offer, and their aid in healing Garadh.

"Thank you for your hospitality." he replies as he follows toward the keep.

[sblock=GE] I made an error with my accounting when I purchased the hammer for Tsaaruk. I will use the award here to get it straight.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Once within Castle Danyll the Queen, Valeriya and Polina disappear into the royal quarters leaving the king and a few members of his warband in company with those remaining of the group brought by Brother Goswald. King Danyll smiles but the very act reveals his tiredness and the weight he carries.

"I am more thankful than you can know." He glances towards the stair where his wife and daughters went. "Now, perhaps, I can express that with what trinkets I can give you."

He leads the group deeper into the castle to the armory and the chambers near the vaults. He goes within and then comes out bearing gifts for each. His choices seem uncannily accurrate for what each might find useful.

"Now I must ready myself for the feast. I hope you will join us in town."

---

Mirra leaves the town behind her as she travels eastward onto the forest road she traveled with Jyman Trout. It looks different not shrouded in mist and she soon comes to a large boulder at a crossroads. She's fairly certain she traveled past this crossroads but missed the boulder in the poor visibility. Now, however, a man sits on the boulder and watches as she approaches. He is extremely thin and has exceptionally long limbs that remind Mirra of certain ungainly walking stick insects. He's clad in tight breeches and tunic and has a ragged cloak over his shoulders. His feet are bare.

He smiles and his teeth gleam like little pearls. "Welcome, traveler. What brings you away from the fires and feasting of the town and onto the lonely road?" He toys with a clay pot about the size Mirra would use for one of her bombs rolling it over his fingers and hardly paying attention to it at all.

Systole

First Post
mirra_150_2.jpg

Mirra exhales and puffs out her cheeks. "Irreconcilable differences is the short answer, I suppose. There's a longer answer, but it's ... longer."

She shrugs off her pack and sits down, suddenly exhausted now that her anger is no longer sustaining her. She takes a waterskin out of her pack and offers it to the man. "Water? I've got some hardtack as well. That is, assuming that you're not heading to the festival ... which doesn't seem to be the case." She takes a long draught after the stranger is done with it.

She begins pulling her alchemical equipment out of her haversack. "Do you mind if I brew myself a restorative? It's been a difficult day."

[sblock=OOC]Take 10 on K:Nature (assuming he's fey) for 24. Most other things would be a 19.

Making CLW extract and Lesser Restoration extract.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

Used Items:
Alchemist's ice

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads