Rokugan D20: The Winds of Blood (Chapter 1)

Douane

First Post
Tokiwong said:

"Oy Kyozo, your so touchy, always meditating, acting more like a Dragon, then a proper Crab!" Tadashi smirked.

"I can see all that holing up you do, as wadded yer ears, word is Hiruma-sama has two visitors, a Mantis bushi and some Toritaka monk, though I don't know much about what could be going on."

Tadashi sighs, "You worry me Kyozo-san, you sure you don't need to take a visit to the geisha house? Great new place!"

Suppressing an even greater sigh than before, Kyuzo struggles to maintain his inner and outer calm.

"Tadashi-san, you should really learn to play Go. This would be proper conduct for member of the Buke, instead of weakening your resolve with frequent visits to the Geisha houses.

The Crab Clan already suffers a reputation of neglecting the virtue of Rei. If we continue to waste our time with pleasure and entertainment instead of honing our vigilance, as it befits the guardians of the Wall, people will us little better than barbarians.

In fact, we should take an example by the sword-masters of Clan Crab, since they would never let their dedication to a cause waver..."
Suddenly realizing the slowly contorting face of Tadashi, Kyuzo stops himself and ends his often told lament.

He bows to Tadashi and adds: "My apologies, Tadashi-san, unfortunately I seem to forget that you have heard this often enough to last a lifetime."

Changing the subject to avoid further embarrassment, he goes back to the original topic: "So we have visitors with another purpose than to train here? I wonder where this shall lead, though I hope sincerely it will provide an opportunity to leave the training grounds."

With a lower voice he speaks more to himself: "The struggle to continue to grow mentally and physically grows harder every day; lost to a dreary routine."

Chauzu

First Post
Takane stiffens his body straight, and walks quickly to his room to get dressed in more proper suiting.

When Takane makes it to his quarters, he scrounges through his clothing for appropriate clothes. As he does so, he wonders at what would be appropriate, since he does not know what his summoning was for. Could it be for another defensive action upon the Wall? That was what he was best at.

The samurai finally decides to wear his purple and gray courtier outfit and pulls it out.

Takane

Attachments

• tn_pcp_knights6_nb54.jpg
    tn_pcp_knights6_nb54.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 104

Tokiwong

First Post
Douane said:
He bows to Tadashi and adds: "My apologies, Tadashi-san, unfortunately I seem to forget that you have heard this often enough to last a lifetime."

Changing the subject to avoid further embarrassment, he goes back to the original topic: "So we have visitors with another purpose than to train here? I wonder where this shall lead, though I hope sincerely it will provide an opportunity to leave the training grounds."

With a lower voice he speaks more to himself: "The struggle to continue to grow mentally and physically grows harder every day; lost to a dreary routine."

"Well the Spring Patrols have begun, Kyozo-san, I am aware of the correct spelling, it fits for the character, perhaps you will have luck, make a foray into the lands of the Crane? And pluck their feathers eh!?" Tadashi replies with a laugh, patting his blade's hilt.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Chauzu said:
Takane stiffens his body straight, and walks quickly to his room to get dressed in more proper suiting.

When Takane makes it to his quarters, he scrounges through his clothing for appropriate clothes. As he does so, he wonders at what would be appropriate, since he does not know what his summoning was for. Could it be for another defensive action upon the Wall? That was what he was best at.

The samurai finally decides to wear his purple and gray courtier outfit and pulls it out.

As Takane finishes getting dressed, he hears the voice of Tadashi-san, filtering from the chambers of Kyuzu-san. Just down the hall, the loud bushi chortling about some new scheme to be sure.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Tokiwong said:

"Well the Spring Patrols have begun, Kyozo-san, I am aware of the correct spelling, it fits for the character, perhaps you will have luck, make a foray into the lands of the Crane? And pluck their feathers eh!?" Tadashi replies with a laugh, patting his blade's hilt.

"Tadashi-san, I sincerely doubt that the Crab Clan will waste its resources on such ridiculous undertaking. We still reeling from the devastation of the Spirit War and the Shadowlands grow stronger every day: Our main priority is hold the Wall; everything else pales in comparison!", replies Kyuzo, perhaps a little more forcefully than he really wanted.

Tokiwong

First Post
Douane said:

"Tadashi-san, I sincerely doubt that the Crab Clan will waste its resources on such ridiculous undertaking. We still reeling from the devastation of the Spirit War and the Shadowlands grow stronger every day: Our main priority is hold the Wall; everything else pales in comparison!", replies Kyuzo, perhaps a little more forcefully than he really wanted.

"Ack, I figured you would say that, never daring always thinking," he replies, "though I wouldn't mind doing time on the wall, my brother fought and died on the wall, as did my mother, and my grandfather, and one day so shall I! And when we are dead, we can share some sake with our ancestors, eh, eh?" he nudges Kyuzo's shoulder.

Chauzu

First Post
Tokiwong said:

As Takane finishes getting dressed, he hears the voice of Tadashi-san, filtering from the chambers of Kyuzu-san. Just down the hall, the loud bushi chortling about some new scheme to be sure.

"I wonder what this could be?" Takane says to himself quietly as he finishes up dressing. "Well, I shall find out soon enough."

Takane leaves his room and heads for Kyuzo's quarters. As he makes it to his fellow Kaiu's dwelling, he again straightens his body into a confident look. He takes a step into his room and tries to draw their attention. "What have you two been talking about?" Takane crosses his arms. "A Toritaka and a Mantis are summoned here, as well?"

GWolf

First Post
The monk, Fan, senses the man trying to comfort him by the tone in his voice. He thinks to himself, this is a friendly fellow and may be a good ally.

"Ah, no need to try and comfort me, Tsuruchi Michiba, I am quite at peace. I am Toritaka Fan, nice to meet you, do you think we will be working together? I could see us as being good partners." Fan says slowly and with a slighlty pleasent tone.

Douane

First Post
Tokiwong said:

"Ack, I figured you would say that, never daring always thinking," he replies, "though I wouldn't mind doing time on the wall, my brother fought and died on the wall, as did my mother, and my grandfather, and one day so shall I! And when we are dead, we can share some sake with our ancestors, eh, eh?" he nudges Kyuzo's shoulder.

Despite his best try, Kyuzo can't contain a smile:
"Oh, Tadashi-san! Sometimes I think that we could be two sides of the same coin. You do have an appetite for the finer things in life (or death), that certainly is enough for the two of us.
Still, I counsel you to never question anyone's Yu again, as the samurai of our Clan are not exactly known for their patience and good-will."

Remove ads