Against the Giants 5e PBP (Full)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I’m having lots of fun and while containment is certainly ideal, the risk of having a passing giant look through a door adds to the excitement (there are lots of doors!).
Great reminder though about tactical play and imbedding the social and exploration pillars too. Especially if it means we dont have to slaughter everything and might find some allies within …

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm having a great time! And am thankful that the rest of the players seem to be good with giving space for deceptions, charms, and the like.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm having a great time! And am thankful that the rest of the players seem to be good with giving space for deceptions, charms, and the like.

Yeah, it's a juggling act with Eoghan. We don't want to let him become a one-man show, but his abilities (and his nature) are very useful here.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
At this point you all have probably noticed that I like to leave the dead on the map. This is because I don't like the way that corpses get forgotten as if the monster "disappears" after it dies. Seems very video-gamey in a way I don't like (which, funny enough, is not a criticism I agree with when directed at 4e's power-mechanic - there are other criticisms of that edition that I do agree with, but that's not something I want to get into here.)

On the other hand, it does tend to make the maps a bit cluttered, AND can feel a bit gruesome. I try to balance both things, so they don't get too extreme. As the identity of a given corpse becomes less important, I'll eventually erase it (but leave my skull-maker). This is, of course, assuming we are still on the same map. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
At this point you all have probably noticed that I like to leave the dead on the map. This is because I don't like the way that corpses get forgotten as if the monster "disappears" after it dies. Seems very video-gamey in a way I don't like (which, funny enough, is not a criticism I agree with when directed at 4e's power-mechanic - there are other criticisms of that edition that I do agree with, but that's not something I want to get into here.)

On the other hand, it does tend to make the maps a bit cluttered, AND can feel a bit gruesome. I try to balance both things, so they don't get too extreme. As the identity of a given corpse becomes less important, I'll eventually erase it (but leave my skull-maker). This is, of course, assuming we are still on the same map. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

I like the corpses.

It's even better than notches on the belt.

Questgiver: So, what did you find out?

Doc: Well, the steading is a cemetery now.

Questgiver: Um, and who is behind these attacks? Did you investigate?

Doc: Reckon you got someone that speaks with the dead?

Remove ads