Against the Giants 5e PBP (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Folks, if you're not going to be around can you let us know? In Group 1 we've completed one and a half rounds since June 2nd. Fully understand not everyone will check every day, but this seems a bit slow.

I'll push us forward by starting a new G1 encounter (we had a moment or two to breathe).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Appreciate you doing that Fitz. I'm hopeful that Hriston and Shadowedeyes show up soon, but totally get the nature of PBP and Real Life(TM).

Yeah. That's true. The last two rounds have had no clear goals, too, so I can see them being a bit hard to decide what you want to do. (Which can and should make them go faster, because there's always the option of just waiting (probably with a dodge or something) but most players want to make sure they take 100% of their turn, 110% if they can get away with it!)

It's strange how things can bog-down when there's not much to do, but it does, especially in PBP. I want to make sure that everyone gets a chance to participate, but sometimes I just gotta push things along. I probably should have done that a bit quicker here.

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
Sorry about the lack of posting. Things got a bit hectic and I forgot to check the threads. I will definitely try to catch up and post after I get off work later tonight.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Maybe the survivors of Group 1 can join Group 2. Wait, was this Snarf's evil plan all along? ;)
1654897227866.gif

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
@FitzTheRuke You didn't mention any house rules, but I almost posted an action with a one without realizing it because I'm so used to it. So I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Do you use the "drinking a potion is a bonus action" house rule?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke You didn't mention any house rules, but I almost posted an action with a one without realizing it because I'm so used to it. So I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Do you use the "drinking a potion is a bonus action" house rule?
No. I generally avoid house rules (or even optional rules) because I play with so many people. It would be hard to expect them to remember any. (Obviously I break that with PBP initiative, but that's out of necessity!)

And I modify monsters, but I don't see that as a house rule - this adventure tells you to do it!

Remove ads