airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (IC)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Marcas, too, is in a contemplative mood the next morning. He makes an effort when Falsi appears, and manages to match her excitement about the festival with a few comments indicating his interest. But as soon as she moves off to another table, he leans in and beckons his companions to do likewise and speaks quietly to them.

"Listen, I had a visit with an old friend of the family last night. This . . . friend . . . isn't always on the up and up, but I've always found him to be trustworthy when his own interests are involved, and he's not someone I'd like to cross. He's worried about the festival, says there's something pretty bad going down tomorrow and we should keep our wits about us; prob'ly be a good idea to keep our weapons close as well. I'm inclined to agree with him . . . something about all this merriment rings false to me; it's like they're all trying too hard."

The big monk pauses for a moment as another group of patrons pass close to the table on the way to their own.

"My friend also mentioned the fire that burned the Chapel to the ground in the Late Unpleasantness. His belief is that the blaze was no accident; he saw someone running from the Chapel just before the fire burst out."
[/section]
AC: 14 (14 Touch, 11 Flat-Footed)
HP: 09/09
Senses: Perception +7
CMB: +02 CMD: 16
Fort: +03 Reflex: +05 Will: +04
[/sblock]

rangerjohn

Explorer
At the mention of fire, Deivon blanches at the memory of Sandpoint ablaze and the demon. Then visibly calming himself, he addresses his friends. "I had another of my dreams last night. It appears we are involved in a battle between major forces in the realms. On one side appears to be a demon tied to the Thassilonians, Serenrae on the other. Their are sure to be others, but they did not appear in my dream. I thought my dreams portents of the future, but you say the fire has already happened, he asks turning to Marcus?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: I believe the fire to which Marcas is referring is the fire which burned down the old Sandpoint chapel. It took several other buildings along with it. It happened a few years ago. Sankitah was the first one to tell your characters about it (click here for details).

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: Your right of course, but it was to good of a chance to work the dream in to pass up. :)
Also, with dreams you can never be sure.

Just to clarify, the player is aware of what is going on. Deivon is not.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The previous evening Vandalin provided a sympathatic ear to Felsi as well as amusing stories of the places he's visited to lift her mood. He responds with a broad smile to Felsi's greeting. "We'll do our best to be festive enough for ourselves and those of you who have to work."

Vandalin is jerked rudely from his merriment and flirtations by the words of Marcas and Deivon. He unconsciously loosens his blades. "Perhaps we should get out and have a look around then." His half eaten breakfast is suddenly forgotten and he is all business.

kinem

Adventurer
Duko had enjoyed drinking with Passang the previous evening, and telling him about magic, and was starting to like the town.

This morning, he doesn't seem hung over. Half-orcs are seldom strangers to the bottle.

"Look around? Sure, Vandalin, but where?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Despite the heavy imbiding the night before, Vhir manages to drag himself from his slumber to greet the sun as it rises. Though to any other early risers he looks half asleep with squinted eyes and one hand pressed firmly to his temple. The rising dawn mists curl and move in interesting ways. For a moment he thinks he spots a familiar shape dancing in the mist. His totem frolics around him until the suns rays chase the mists away. Spirits in the mist, a day of great portents. he thinks to himself. After his ablution is completed he staggers back inside and plops himself back in his seat. It is then that he notices the amulet of fox tails draped about his neck. Vaguely he recalls the night before and being visited by three men. Where they men or spirits in the form of men? He remembers something about a wise woman... but it is all too difficult to recall and his head is splitting. He fashions the string of tails about his waist where they won't hinder his arms in battle. When the kitchen opens he calls for a hearty meal to help chase away his hangover.
As the others begin to make their way to the table he listens quietly to their conversations. Marcas' talk of fires and troubles, along with Deivon's dreams of portents bothers him. "Maybe the Late Unpleasantness is not so late. This town be like a deep pond, maybe many things beneath the surface. Some not so good." He thumps his great maul on the floor next to his chair. "We will be unpleasant in return if there be trouble."

rangerjohn

Explorer
"You are right my friend." Turning to Talishia, I must tell you, Serenrae does not like your childhood haunt, especially, the runes. A big part of the dream was her destroying the tower and the runes."

Remove ads