airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (IC)

kinem

Adventurer
Duko wipes his axe on the ground.

"Something strange is going on. Those goblins seemed drugged or something. Then again, goblins are strange."

He heads off with the others, with Lax by his side.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Marcus stands for a moment, marveling once more at the incredible pace of real combat. He shakes off the cobwebs and strides after Shayuri, knocking an arrow as he goes. He doesn't slow as he passes the first victim of his monastic training, just stoops to jerk the arrows from the poor creature in case they're worth saving.​
[/section]

AC: 14 (14 Touch, 11 Flat-Footed)
HP: 09/09
Senses: Perception +7
CMB: +02 CMD: 16
Fort: +03 Reflex: +05 Will: +04
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
As you take in the scene around you, it is clear that chaos has engulfed Sandpoint. Goblins race everywhere, running amok and singing and slashing indiscriminately. As Devion heals the wounded, you hear a feline hiss as a cat darts across a nearby rooftop, then a goblin leaps off the roof towards Lax, his dogslicer arced downwards... only to fall to the side and break his neck. Goblin blood pools around him as he lies in a mangled heap, his spine poking out the side of his neck. Just as Talashia says she is about to go looking for more of the nasty creatures to kill, a sudden bloom of fire from a nearby unattended wagon or cart grabs your attention. Bilivar Wheen the wainwright comes barreling out of the bloom, his tunic aflame. As you rush to investigate the burning wagon, Father Abner casts a create water spell upon Bilivar, dousing the flames. As you approach the conflagration, you find that a number of cackling and shrieking goblins armed with dogslicers and torches hopping about it. One goblin, equipped with studded leather armor and armed with both dogslicer and whip leads them. When the goblins take notice of your presence, they shriek with delight at the prospect of battle, and rush forward to attack. The goblin leader sings an ugly rhyme to quite literally whip the goblins under her command into a furious frenzy when they see you, singing,
"Burn the wagons, light the halls,
Goblins set fire with happy squalls,
Torch the people, even the flies,
Brighten up the darkening skies!"

The goblins hurl themselves headlong into battle before you can react, charging your front line! The leader approaches first, stopping just out of reach and brazenly attempts to trip up the brawny Vhir with her whip. Fantastically, she succeeds! (CMB 16) The whip luckily wraps itself tightly around Vhir's left leg, and the jerk of it catches him quite by surprise as he crashes to the ground. The rest of the goblins cheer at the collapse of the barbarian as they rush up ahead of their leader, plunging into melee. One thrusts his torch at Vhir (AC 2), while another whacks his torch at Duko (AC 4) and a third tries to set Lax aflame (AC 8). Luckily, none strike their targets, and the goblings curse terrible things in their wretched tongue.

[sblock=Talashia: Perception DC 10]Benin has disappeared in the confusion. Talashia will have to find him later.[/sblock]
OOC: Goblin Pyros
The goblins have found the cart full of fuel for the sunset bonfire! Stop them before they use it to set nearby buildings aflame!

Initiative
22 - Goblins
3 - PCs
0 - Townsfolk
Unlike the last battle, the goblins have won initiative. They have hence moved from their starting positions, and I noted their actions. I placed the PCs in an order I found reasonable: Duko & Vhir in front, Devion & Marcus in the middle, and Talashia & Vandalin in the back. Still no coordinates since this battle takes place in the same area. I found it easier to simply use the map from the previous battle rather than re-create it from scratch. But I will include coordinates on the next map.
[MENTION=2469]rangerjohn[/MENTION] Devion is up
[MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION] Duko is up
[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] Marcus is up
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Talashia is up
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] Vandalin is up
[MENTION=30016]SelcSilverhand[/MENTION] Vhir is up

HP & Conditions (X/Y, where X = damage taken and Y = hp total)
Goblin 1 - 0/?
Goblin 2 - 0/?
Goblin 3 - 0/?
Goblin Warchanter - 0/?
Devion - 0/12
Duko - 0/9
-Lax - 0/9
Marcus - 0/9
Talashia - 0/7
Vandalin - 0/9
Vhir - 2/13 @ 11, prone (-4 to attack, -4 melee AC, +4 ranged AC)

Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/48118/52b0193499c8f

[sblock=DM's eyes only]Naughty!
Goblin 1 - 0/2
Goblin 2 - 0/11
Goblin 3 - 0/10
Goblin Warchanter - 0/9
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Once more thinking quickly, Marcas takes a step to separate him from the little gobbo threatening with his dogslicer, and fires two quick arrows into the scrum!​
[/section]

OOC: No change to the map unless he kills his target.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Move/Free: 5' Step NE to eliminate AoO. Never mind - just saw you've got him neatly boxed in by a platform . . .
  • Standard: Longbow Attack (1d20+2=13, 1d20+2=15) at the Goblin adjacent to him to the SE (Provokes AoO). If these are hits, damage is 1d8+3=9, 1d8+3=11. If the first shot kills his target, he'll fire the second arrow at another standard gobbo, hopefully killing it as well . . .

OOC: For future reference, as his primary weapon is his longbow Marcas will do everything possible not to sandwich himself in between party members (or townsmen, obstacles, etc). I won't worry about it nearly as much once he gets Point Blank Master and no longer provokes AoOs, but for now he'd be more cautious than that (stay at the back in marching order, etc.)[/sblock]
AC: 14 (14 Touch, 11 Flat-Footed)
HP: 09/09
Senses: Perception +7
CMB: +02 CMD: 16
Fort: +03 Reflex: +05 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
As much as Talashia wants to just smite the goblins, she realizes there's a more pressing matter to be seen to. That flaming cart!

She starts edging around to get behind the goblins so she can make for the cart. In anticipation of attracting their ire, she casts a quick spell, summoning a magical protection.

(OOC - moving south to get a clear run at the cart and casting Shield. Plan is to hurry over next turn and empty my waterskin over it.)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Landing hard on his back followed by a solid *thunk* as his skull bounces off of the cobblestones, Vhir lies dazed from the surprise attack. His vision blurs out of focus and everything sounds odd from the jar to his senses. Somewhere nearby, far clearer than the shouts and screams that have begun anew from the fighting, comes a barking laugh. Rolling to his side he looks up towards the burning cart. The orange leaping flames seem to dance and cavort in a strange fashion. For a moment he sees a vulpine figure leap atop the burning hulk, wink with luminous eyes, and fade away from sight. Closer to his ear he hears a voice whisper, "What a mighty warrior, who fights from his backside. Your friends bleed while you take your ease..."

His eyes refocus as he lets out a snarl of anger. The visions and voices are gone now and his view is filled with the ugly cavorting monster a few inches away. With an inarticulate cry he slams his fists into the ground and hurls himself upright. Muscles bulge as he grips the shaft of his earthbreaker and raises it high overhead. He brings it down with the force of a giants blow sending cobblestones flying and shaking the earth all around him. He roars again at the tiny creatures all around him.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Stand from prone for my move action, provoking AoO.
Rage (+2 str/con, -2 AC)
Raging Power Attack with Earthbreaker (1d20+5=11, 2d6+10=17)
[/SBLOCK]

kinem

Adventurer
Duko looks at Lax for a brief moment. Does he understand what is going on? Do I? The last thing I need is for him to develop a taste for humanoid blood.

He grips his axe firmly with both hands. A sudden downward chop lays cleaves into the goblin in front of Lax.

The cat-like creature lashes out with claws and bite. The bite misses, but at least one claw scores a solid hit, ripping flesh.

[sblock]Duko attack 17, damage 11

If that goblin goes down Lax circles around the other goblin, stepping over the fallen one, to flank with Vhir. If not, I'm not sure if he can flank with Bilivar Wheen. If he flanks he gets +2 to hit and probably hits with both claws. Flanking is not included in the numbers below.

Lax bite attack 4; claw attack 14, damage 6; claw attack 23 (not a crit), damage 8[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Vandalin puts his blades away and scans the area for trouble. "There are bound to be more of them. This just doesn't make sense even for Goblins." He moves to join the hunt for more trouble.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Marcus takes a step back, pushing the chicken aside, but neither of his arrows find their mark.

Devion's bolt of fire whirls past the goblin and strikes the ground ineffectively. The goblin's grin with delight at the sheer sight of it, even though it was clearly meant for one of them.

Talashia casts her spell and moves south, a look of great concern upon her face.

As Vhir hurls himself upward, two of the goblins take swipes at him with their torches (AC 17 for 3 dmg + 1 fire and AC 9, miss). The fire from one of the torches singes Vhir's hide armor, but more damage is done to his pride. His earthbreaker flies towards the nearest goblin, but instead shatters into the ground as the goblin nimbly hops aside. The goblin giggles as the barbarian misses.

Duko downs one goblin with his axe, and Lax moves to step over the creature, flanking with Vhir. The beast Lax rakes at the second goblin, scratching through the goblin's shield and tearing into its leather armor, but it is only a flesh wound. However the second claw hews into the goblin and takes him down. The goblins grimace at the sight of their fallen comrades. Nevertheless, the goblins continue to madly press their attack and the one still holding a torch decides to it back and instead use its dogslicer.
[sblock=Marcus]@Morrus;, remember I said animals will move from your square if you enter them (if I didn't say so I meant to), and there is a chicken right behind Marcus (chickens are also Tiny, so you could occupy it's square nonetheless, though I didn't make the token to scale because it might have been difficult to tell what it actually was). Since it was in the spirit of his actions, I'll assume he took a 5-ft. step back into the chicken's square, displacing the chicken, to avoid an AoO. In the future I'll put him in the back rank and put Vandalin in the middle. But do bear in mind for the purposes of this encounter, your characters are literally pushing through a crowd and space is at a premium.[/sblock][sblock=Talashia]@Morrus;, be sure to note your movement on ditzie, press Enter to save, and post the new URL in your post. For now I'll move Talashia based on your description to an appropriate location.[/sblock][sblock=Valdalin]
Vandalin puts his blades away and scans the area for trouble. "There are bound to be more of them. This just doesn't make sense even for Goblins." He moves to join the hunt for more trouble.
Perhaps you were under the impression the combat was over. There are still three conscious, fighting goblins! I'll give you a chance to take your turn normally.[/sblock]

OOC: HP & Conditions
Goblin 1 - 11/?, unconscious, dying
Goblin 2 - 14/?, unconscious, dying
Goblin 3 - 0/?
Goblin Warchanter - 0/?
Devion - 0/12
Duko - 0/9
-Lax - 0/9
Marcus - 0/9
Talashia - 0/7
Vandalin - 0/9
Vhir - 6/14 @ 8, rage
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], Vandalin is up!

Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/48118/52b0f6216928e
[sblock=DM's eyes only]Naughty!
Goblin 1 - 11/2 @ -9 inspire courage
Goblin 2 - 14/11 @ -3 inspire courage
Goblin 3 - 0/10 inspire courage
Goblin Warchanter - 0/9 inspire courage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads