• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV D&D: Honor Among Thieves Open Discussion [Full Spoilers]

J-H

Hero
On the question of whether Edgin is a bard or not: it's curious how he's the only one of the party who's never heard of Xenk. As a bard, you'd expect him to know some tales.
That was the other players at the table piling on with made-up lore because Edgin's character rolled a natural 1 on his knowledge check.
Looking at the movie from a meta perspective like that excuses almost all of the nitpicks and it's kinda fun.

Undrave

Legend
I like that they don’t spell it out for the audience that Kira already has a mother figure in Holga. Even if Edgin had succeeded in his goal, he’d just have brought back his wife and not Kira’s mom. They let us understand it by ourselves. They also don’t waste too much time between Holga’s death and pulling out and using the tablet. At that point we all realized it was gonna happen and the movie didn’t play coy.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I like that they don’t spell it out for the audience that Kira already has a mother figure in Holga. Even if Edgin had succeeded in his goal, he’d just have brought back his wife and not Kira’s mom. They let us understand it by ourselves. They also don’t waste too much time between Holga’s death and pulling out and using the tablet. At that point we all realized it was gonna happen and the movie didn’t play coy.
Edgin saying he was trying to bring back his wife, rather than Kira's mother, felt like he had a breakthrough in therapy in a deleted scene.

I remember nodding in the theater and saying "good for you, man, good for you!"

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
This article has all the relevant books listed:

I read the linked article for Dolblunde on Fandom, and the D&D:HaT lore is already documented in there. Cool!

Remove ads