• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dromus (One) OOC Thread

Jolmo

First Post
Well, I did mention AoOs in the post. Or A'soO in any case. :p

Hopefully I can keep them disarmed, so they'll be unable to attack altogether instead. ;)

Kelleris

Explorer
Okay, "I'm sorry" time. This week's been really unpleasant on my end, and the slowness has been compounded by a poor organization as far as the combat goes. As a result, We've only gotten through two combat rounds this week, when it should have been more like four or five. My apologies to you all, and I'm going to be a little more organized about this in the future.

This is how it will go: after I post the results of this combat round, I will give a short description of what the NPCs are doing in the OOC thread. That's no guarantee that I won't need to ask for changed combat actions, but it should help with this "who's waiting for who to post?" nonsense.

More immediately, I need an action from Narine and a standard action from Kestral.

EDIT: Crap. I had the post all typed up, and then I lost both the post and the edited map. *sigh*

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Kelleris said:
Okay, "I'm sorry" time. This week's been really unpleasant on my end, and the slowness has been compounded by a poor organization as far as the combat goes. As a result, We've only gotten through two combat rounds this week, when it should have been more like four or five. My apologies to you all, and I'm going to be a little more organized about this in the future.

This is how it will go: after I post the results of this combat round, I will give a short description of what the NPCs are doing in the OOC thread. That's no guarantee that I won't need to ask for changed combat actions, but it should help with this "who's waiting for who to post?" nonsense.

More immediately, I need an action from Narine and a standard action from Kestral.

EDIT: Crap. I had the post all typed up, and then I lost both the post and the edited map. *sigh*

I posted it in the playing the game thread. Or are you saying, I can do more than I posted.?

Kelleris

Explorer
You posted a more-or-less free action warning, plus a move-equivalent action to use planar geometry, and you still have a standard action remaining.

Kelleris

Explorer
Okay, barring further developments, the guards will continue to attack their targets from last round, with the exception of guard 4, who will likely be trying to avoid being stabbed by Kestral, and attacking back in response. The captain will finish his "spell."

The two guards on Cagthail will be drawing a fun little item called an "elemental cluster", and tossing it at him while moving back a bit for some breathing room. It's basically a vial of alchemist's fire, combined with an additional d6er for each element. At least you have cold resistance...

Last edited:

Jolmo

First Post
Kelleris said:
The two guards on Cagthail will be drawing a fun little item called an "elemental cluster", and tossing it at him while moving back a bit for some breathing room. It's basically a vial of alchemist's fire, combined with an additional d6er for each element. At least you have cold resistance...
Isn't that a full-round action (prepare to throw splash-weapon, provoking AoO), an attack (throw splash weapon), and a move action (they have nowhere to take a 5-foot step away from me)?

And just so I understand the rules for it: Once they manage to throw it, a touch attack determines if they hit me directly for 4d6 damage or a square next to me for 4 damage? Then I can try extinguishing it with a full-round action and a DC 15 reflex save or take another 4d6 damage?

Also I was wondering, do the guards move like they were wearing leather or metal armor? I'm trying to find an estimate of their ACP, mostly to know how likely they are to succeed in tumbling away from me. Perhaps I could judge how close the one who did was to failing as well?

Kelleris

Explorer
Move action to "draw" the item (it's kept handy) while moving away, standard action to make one attack. They have a BAB of at least +1, so they can move and draw a weapon at the same time. SRD under "draw a weapon": This action also applies to weapon-like objects carried in easy reach, such as wands. There isn't really anything they have to prepare to use it, either - it's like a nonmagical, jury-rigged bead from a necklace of fireballs. Less of a vial of liquid and more like a thunderstone.

You will probably get an AoO against them as they pull back, however, since they aren't withdrawing and any tumble checks will be made through congested terrain. And both of their primary weapons are on the floor in front of you, so I'd say you've got the upper hand at the moment.

You can make a Perception check to see how bad their ACP is, as well as a separate one for the guy who tumbled past you earlier.

Jolmo

First Post
OK, I just looked at the SRD and saw 'Prepare to throw splash weapon' listed as a full-round action but on second thought they probarbly just mean turning a flask of oil into a splash weapon.

Just one more question :heh: if I get an AoO when they move away, can I use that to knock away the clusters or don't they pull them out until they've moved away?

DemonWolfZero said:
Maybe we can creep them out by entering combat without making a sound except slashing, breathing and blasting, eh?
Seems like they're doing just this to us, perhaps they even use telepathy. Of course, we haven't really talked much to each other either...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads