• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hewligan's Rise of the Runelords: The Skinsaw Murders

hewligan

First Post
When you mention your fallen companion, Haldmeer purses his lips for a moment.

"Let me organise that. The church ... they are reticent to perform this act. That old fool claims it is an insult to the Gods. But he will listen to me, for I can make his life easy or difficult. Yes, let me speak with him and organise this for you. It can form part of your reward - a gesture of goodwill from the whole of the City for saving us from this cult in our midst. Let me speak with him now, and then we shall collect the body tomorrow morning for the ceremony. It will be tomorrow. He will have to make his preparations today, and his prayers tonight."

OOC: Haldmeer is happy to organise a resurrection at cost (the spell uses 10,000gp of diamond dust), and subtract this from the reward he was going to arrange.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Start thinking about the path you are going to make with your next level, as we will be leveling up soon (except Kael at this stage). I am unsure whether to move to Pathfinder, but in a few days when we have tied this up we can move over to the OOC thread and have a proper discussion about ruleset and forum for the next adventure./

Rhun

First Post
OOC: You may have overlooked it Hewligan, or maybe you have other rules...but Raise Dead should be plenty powerful enough to bring Kael back, and I believe costs half what Resurrection does, seeing as it is only a level 5 spell, and requires only 5k in diamond dust.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Ah, one last thing before we take our leave of you, Lord Mayor," says Danth, pausing by the door as the group moves to make their way out of the office. "We have an address for the building in which Justice Ironbriar was supposedly living....we would like your permission to investigate the premises. It is quite possible that more of these...aberrations and monstrosities may reside within, a danger to the city and the goodly folk that live here. And while the city guard could certainly investigate, we'd hate to subject them to a threat they may not be properly equipped to deal with. If you would allow us to ensure the place is cleared, I think we would all sleep easier this night."

If needed, Diplomacy +11

hewligan

First Post
OOC: You may have overlooked it Hewligan, or maybe you have other rules...but Raise Dead should be plenty powerful enough to bring Kael back, and I believe costs half what Resurrection does, seeing as it is only a level 5 spell, and requires only 5k in diamond dust.

Wow! Showing my age (or lack of memory), but I thought Raise Dead left you with a chance to come back as a random humanoid.... erm.... was that ever the case?

So, yes, Raise Dead looks fine. 1 level lost, but a lot cheaper, so more reward money.

hewligan

First Post
"Ah, one last thing before we take our leave of you, Lord Mayor," says Danth, pausing by the door as the group moves to make their way out of the office. "We have an address for the building in which Justice Ironbriar was supposedly living....we would like your permission to investigate the premises. It is quite possible that more of these...aberrations and monstrosities may reside within, a danger to the city and the goodly folk that live here. And while the city guard could certainly investigate, we'd hate to subject them to a threat they may not be properly equipped to deal with. If you would allow us to ensure the place is cleared, I think we would all sleep easier this night."

If needed, Diplomacy +11

"Oh indeed, indeed! Please, if you will. That would be wonderful. I will send some guards with you, to seal the entrances and keep away prying eyes. He was a very influential man in this city, you know, and tongues will start wagging. I guess I need to work out how to handle the issues that will arise from his disappearance. Oh, it would have been so much more convenient if he had been killed, but then, perhaps you will find him and kill him. Perhaps he has not yet fled."

And then, turning pale, as if realising he may still be in danger .. "Perhaps I should double my guard, and perhaps order some men to guard some of the prominent citizens on this list."

OOC: Full permission granted. 4 guards will accompany you and guard the exits and streets, but it also means you cannot do any crazy-looting (so you cannot take 6' by 4' ornamental mirrors, for example).

Rhun

First Post
Danth gives the mayor a short bow. "Thank you, Lord Mayor."

OOC: Danth isn't into the crazy looting anyway. And I don't think we were planning on pulling up with a wagon and loading it up anyway. :D

frostrune

First Post
Jokad gives Danth a playful nudge as they are safely out the door. "Well done. I was already thinking of how Jovik and I were going to break into that place. Being an upstanding citzen and all, I figured we'd best leave you out."

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Danth isn't into the crazy looting anyway. And I don't think we were planning on pulling up with a wagon and loading it up anyway. :D

OOC: Says you ;)

Jovik is elated and a bit intimidated at the news that Kael would return. His friend would be back. But he had never actually SEEN anyone who had been brought back from the dead, other than the undead he had so recently been fighting. He had of course heard that these things could be done, but in Sandpoint, no one had that kind of money to have these things done. Still Jovik was anxious to see it happen, and had a new found appreciation for what money, a LOT of money could make happen.

Jovik whistled a jaunty tune as the trio headed to Ironbriar's manor. They were being allowed to ransack that arrogant elf's house. Jovik was sure he had a few shiny things laying around. He was certain that the elf would not keep any unpleasant thing in his own house. And perhaps they would find yet another clue, though it seemed Ironbriar had no knowledge of anyone beyond Xanesha.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads