Into the Woods

mips42

Adventurer
You step through the door and out onto a stone tiled area with what would have been a sizable pool but is now a murky, insect-ridden mess. The water remaining in the pool is still and algae green, nothing can be seen beneath its surface. However, every now and then, a ripple emerges from its depths. There are multiple skeletal remains around the closest side of the pool.
OOC: since Albrecht is first one out, he gets a Wisdom check (not a save)
 

Attachments

  • 1st floor.png
    1st floor.png
    2 MB · Views: 140

log in or register to remove this ad


mips42

Adventurer
Maybe it's the weird lighting, maybe it's your Dwarven heritage or... who knows. But, somehow you manage to spot something through the murky waters that you think look like a sword hilt.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Umbril follows outside looking around.
"I can provoke creatures, if there are any, in the water without getting into it."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"It's a crime scene," Bimpnott states upon seeing the skeletal remains, but the smell stops the firbolg from moving any closer.

"Someone should identify those remains and bring them home."

He makes no move to do so, instead waiting for the others.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Umbril whispers something and at the edge of the pool appears one of his shades. It holds both swords and looks down toward water.

OOC: bonus action: manifest echo
 

mips42

Adventurer
The group moves out into the patio area as the mists coalesce in to a duplicate of Umbril. There is something... unsettling about the area.
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"There's something inside. Looks like a sword," Albrecht says, wiping his nose with his sleeve.

"Could be a trap."

He grabs one of the torches from the side of his backpack, and throws it into the pool, near the sword. Making a splash.
 

"We aren't looking for swords," Terry says. "We're looking a wizard's apprentice. We aren't here to solve the mystery of this insane mansion. We're here to find a wizard's apprentice. Getting ourselves killed messing with stuff that doesn't find us the boy will not help us find the boy."

She watches incredulously as he tosses a torch into the water. "Could be a trap? Of course it's a trap. The whole house is a trap. Throwing a torch in the water, or anything disturbing the water, probably sets it off."
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top