Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Divinations:
Augury 2nd level - go for Xander or Eike first
circle dance x2 3rd level one for Eike, one for Xander
Locate object 3rd level for once we're close
Divination 4th level do we clear Galzadar first (maybe it is too risky to leave the town to potential demon attack)
Comune 5th level: who has the ring, where is lord pendours body, is it undead, other 6 questions
Scrying 5th level (4th for Caerth)
Planeshift 5th level
Call Zelekhut 5th level to track one while we go afrer another
Planar Ally, Lesser 4th level for Eike

Last edited:

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
If Angus gives back the ring of FF, Quinn would like that and the +1 heavy mace.

if the [+2 Undead Controlling Light Steel Shield (CL13)] or [spinereaver] gets sanctified, he would like one of those if possible.
***special note: spinereaver would have to be changed to something that affects undead! or demons

Last edited:

Neurotic

The shield cannot be sanctified, said the DM. Spinereaver doesn't need to be, it is not evil per se. Just evil looking. And it would work just fine on Eike (and maybe Xander too)

Neurotic

So, let's do the ritual first.

Maur cannot both call zelekhut and break enchantment and Atonement (all 5th level spells) so Galzadar comes first with Break Ench. I can cast Remove curse if Caerth casts Atonement.

In addition, as a 2nd level spell Maur casts Consecrate (if we're not in the grove)
Before we begin, all casters should try Dispel Magic just in case

So...this is how I would do it (@Scotley and @JustinCase add your own spells as you see fit, I didn't go through Druid and Wizard lists)

The idea here is to protect Galzadars life from basics such as teleporting/plane shifting him away or killing him with negative energy. And also preventing the domination effect the quasit implied.

This leaves Maur with:
4/5 1st level spells + domain spell on all slots
1/5 2nd level spells
1/4 3rd level spells
0/3 4th level spells <-- so, no divination today
0/1 5th level spells <-- so, no calling of Zelekhut
  1. Consecrate (2nd level spell, lasts 18 hours)
  2. OPTIONAL: Glyph of Warding (3rd level spell, permanent, containing Invisibility Purge (requires 3000 gp :( total)
  3. Shield Other (2nd level spell, lasts 9 hours)
  4. Magic Circle Against Evil on Maur (3rd level spell, 90 minutes)
  5. Deathward on Galzadar (4th level spell, 90 minutes)
  6. Spell Immunity on Galzadar (4th level spell, 90 minutes) - make him immune to plane shift (covered by Dimension Anchor) or dominate person? to be discussed (ASAP pls)
  7. Protection from Evil on Galzadar (1st level spell, 9 minutes)
  8. Dimensional Anchor (4th level spell, 9 minutes)
  9. Owls Wisdom on Maur (2nd level spell, 9 minutes)
  10. Eagle Splendor on Maur (2nd level spell, 9 minutes)
That leaves the ritual itself:
  1. Break enchantment (5th level 1 minute casting time)
  2. Remove Curse (3rd level 1 action)
  3. Atonement (5th level 1 hour casting time) - this means that low duration things expire, but I will renew Protection from evil if/when something starts happening (while Caerth casts Atonement)
@Knightfall
Question 1: how do we go with redeeming the quasit?
Question 2: how is Maurs pool of Pious Soul pool? (you can add any number of points to it as you see fit, given his recent actions)

@Scotley @JustinCase @ScottDeWar_jr @Tellerian Hawke
Comments?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm getting a lot of stuff done this morning, so I might be able to get a new post up like I've done for the other game. Still working on laundry, however.

EDIT: Time ran out. Maybe tomorrow. :cautious:

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Atonement spell does not work on Outsiders who can't naturally change their alignments; Quasits are typed as Tiny Outsider (Chaotic, Extra-Planar, and Evil.) Their alignment is: "Always Chaotic Evil."

That being said, if the Quasit truly desires to reform its ways, it could willingly submit to some sort of magical means of permanently changing its alignment. If I were the DM in this situation, I would say that a Demon who wants to willingly "join the side of light," would need to use his Commune power (which gives him 6 questions per day) to contact a good-aligned outer plane, and ask a good-aligned, high-profile Outsider (such as a Planetar, Solar, or Deity) what is required of him to achieve atonement. I would make him use up all six. Each question would be phrased as such:

What is the first thing I must do in order to atone for all of my sins and mis-deeds, and to truly change my heart to one of good and purity?

What is the second thing I must do in order to atone for all of my sins and mis-deeds, and to truly change my heart to one of good and purity?

Etc.

I usually have 5 requirements, so on the 6th question, the reply would be "There is no 6th or greater requirement."

Once the fiend has been told what to do, he would need to tell a good-aligned cleric. The cleric will probably require that the fiend relay these findings while inside a Zone of Truth.

Once it clear what must be done, the fiend must do these things. (Task requirements are the province of the DM's discretion;) After these tasks are complete, a ritual is performed, which must be held at high noon, under the full light of the sun, and the ritual will take 100 rounds (10 minutes) to complete, and will require 2,500 gp. worth of rare components, and an expenditure (on the part of both the fiend AND the cleric) in the amount of 2,000 xp. pts., in ADDITION to the use of a Helm of Opposite Alignment as the last (and major) part of the ceremony.

Just my two cents. 😎

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
NOTE: Simply using the Helm would work as well, but you run the risk of Wish or Miracle being cast upon the fiend, and undoing the conversion. But with the ritual, and the expenditure of experience, the effects of the helm become permanent, and nothing short of divine intervention could undo it.

Neurotic

Pathfinder for magic weapons
(unholy +2 modifier turns to holy +3 modifier (with some additional sacred bonuses)

Redeeming the quasit
  • "The Book of Exalted Deeds" introduces a 9th-level spell (page 106), Sanctify the Wicked, which can be used by a good spellcaster to redeem any evil creature (including fiends), at the cost of a character level. The spell entraps the target in a diamond for a year, during which its "soul reflects on past evils and slowly finds within itself a spark of goodness". The moral implications of the use of this spell by good-aligned characters within the Forgotten Realms setting was debated on Candlekeep forums, and was declared to be acceptable by Ed Greenwood, in particular for followers of Lathander, who "bring about a “new beginning” for the demon".

Last edited:

Remove ads