Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, is all of the buffing happening during the surprise round?
I excepted most of the buffing to happen either before the surprise began with the option to cast other spells in that round or in the case of those without spells, to attack with a ranged weapon.

Not sure how much I can post in the weekend, but my first casting will be Magic Fang on Screech, followed by Giant’s Wrath on the next turn.
So, for Caerth, he casts Magic Fang on Screech in the surprise round and Giant's Wrath at the beginning of Round One.

@Scotley: While Phar is next in the order, it really doesn't matter for the surprise round, IMO. It only matters if you have Phar cast a buff spell on Maur and @Neurotic then chose to have him attack. He's already decided on another spell. (I must look up what Downdraft does but I feeling I'm going to like it. Heh.)

Phar could fireball the zombies, but he'd have to angle it away from the stalagmite that sits 20 feet beyond the palisade he and Maur are behind. Still, he could roast a bunch of them. Heh.

After Phar, Aureus is going to take a single shot at one of the zombies with her bow (standard action). It's 65 feet away, so well within ranger of her magical composite longbow.

Aureus - +3 Composite Longbow: 1D20+14 = [18]+14 = 32
1D8+3 = [6]+3 = 9 (hit)

I'm assuming Aureus's arrow fired from a magical bow bypassed the zombie's DR, but I want to doublecheck.

A quick reminder about Damage Reduction.
Some monsters are vulnerable to piercing, bludgeoning, or slashing damage (Ex).

DM's Note:
(Maur knows that zombies are vulnerable to slashing weapons. This is based on the Knowledge [religion] roll that Neurotic made earlier. Sorry I didn't get back to you until now. Maur has a very good understanding of most of the strengths and weaknesses of ghouls, ghasts, and zombies.)

Some monsters are vulnerable to certain materials, such as alchemical silver (Su), adamantine (Ex), or cold-forged iron (Su). Attacks from weapons that are not made of the correct material have their damage reduced, even if the weapon has an enhancement bonus.

That last part is key.

@Tellerian Hawke, Angus is up right after Aureus. He has take a single standard action, but I'm assuming he's already cast the bonus spell from the shrine.

@ScottDeWar_jr, did Quinn visit the shrine at all?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I remember that Neurotic cast Hide from Undead on Lady Pendour. Did any of the other PCs cast a buff/protection spell on her (besides Maur's Mass Conviction spell)?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'll post some replies to the IC thread a bit later. It is way too hot right now in my apartment: 29.4°C / 84.9°F. 🥵

I need to shut down my PC for a while and go lie down before I fall over. Bu first, more water. Hydrate! 🚰

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BTW, I'm going to say that any PC that needs arrows was able to get up to 40 more than they had previously. All of the NPCs with bows or crossbow have 20 arrows or bolts, but Aureus has 40 arrows.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads