• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NeMoren's Vault - D&D (Full)

Jarval

Explorer
KnowTheToe said:
Jarval,

Could you double check your skill points. I could be wrong because I am very tired, but I think you have too many.
I've spent 12 skill points, which (I think) is the correct amount for a human paladin with 10 INT. I get (2 (Paladin) + 1 (human)) * 4 (first level) = 12.

So that's 2 point on Diplomacy, 4 points on Handle Animal, 4 points on Knowledge (religion), and 2 points on Ride. I've also included Listen and Spot on my skill list, as they're commonly used skills, but I don't have any ranks in those two.

Hope that clears thing up, and sorry for any confusion.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Jarval said:
I've spent 12 skill points, which (I think) is the correct amount for a human paladin with 10 INT. I get (2 (Paladin) + 1 (human)) * 4 (first level) = 12.

So that's 2 point on Diplomacy, 4 points on Handle Animal, 4 points on Knowledge (religion), and 2 points on Ride. I've also included Listen and Spot on my skill list, as they're commonly used skills, but I don't have any ranks in those two.

Hope that clears thing up, and sorry for any confusion.

I had the impression you had 1 skill point on listen.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Let me say I think we will have an excellent group here. I really like the character backgrounds and am excited to get things rolling. Again, I should be able to post the first threads starting the game this weekend.

MerakSpielman

First Post
I'm not sure what the gimmick for getting us together is... should we assume (and role-play) like we know nothing about each other? Some of the things in our past, while not really secrets per se, might not be shared with people until you know them better...

KnowTheToe

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
I'm not sure what the gimmick for getting us together is...

That my friend, is what the key is for :)

You will never have met each other before, and you can RP getting to know each other, trust each other..., or you can quickly assume the happy adventuring party. I will leave that up to the group.

One more house rule, and it is an important one. Anytime you take a 5' step to back away from someone who is already engaged in combat with you, they can take a free 5' follow-up step. This stops the take a 5' step and unload a full round of arrows into some poor bastard's chest. It also nerf's a spell caster who gets caught up in melee, but only slightly.

MerakSpielman

First Post
KnowTheToe said:
That my friend, is what the key is for :)

You will never have met each other before, and you can RP getting to know each other, trust each other..., or you can quickly assume the happy adventuring party. I will leave that up to the group.
Ah. Good thing I didn't make the key have some specific function (this is the key to the greatest treasure in all of England!).

I've never had much of a problem with the 5' step and archers, myself. Once they do that trick once, the fighter just readies an action to take a 5' step and attack if the archer takes a step. Or he sunders the bow. That puts an end to it real quick.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads