• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E [OOC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Pathfinder 2 Playtest Adventure. (Closed)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Name: Corwin
A/B/C: Human "Family Friend" Fighter 1 Male
AC: 16/18 TAC: 14/16
HP: 20/20, resonance: 3/3
Speed: 25 feet, Perception: +2 (E)
Align: LG, Deity: Iopmedae

STR 18 +4, DEX 12 +1, CON 14 +2
INT 10 +0, WIS 10 +0, CHA 14 +2

FORT +4 (E), REF +3 (E), WILL +1 (T)

Skills:
Athletics* +5 (T)
Crafting* +1 (T)
Diplomacy +3 (T)
Nobility Lore +1 (T)

Weapons
Expert in all simple and martial weapons
Trained in all exotic weapons

Armor
Trained in all armor and shields

Feats
Haughty Obstinacy (Ancestry 1)
Hobnobber (Background)
Sudden Charge (Class 1)

Class Features
Attack of Opportunity

Equipment (Bulk 6 L 4)
Breastplate 2
Longsword 1
Hvy Steel Shield 1
Hvy Shield Boss -
Javelins (2) LL
Backpack
Bedroll L
Belt Pouch
Flint and steel
Rations (10 Day) 1
Sheath
Fine clothing
Ordinary clothing
Torch (10) 1
Waterskin L

Money
6sp, 3cp

Corwin is a highborn warrior, familiar with the ins and outs of the noble class.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
They only apply to the 1st and 2nd characters you make. It's a playtest after all.
My first critique to them is to not use an adventure where one could not make a character using the rulebook, but have to take a mandatory background from the adventure, so it can have a easy plothook.

Even in a playtest.

Enjoy the gameplay! :)

Kaodi

Hero
In the interest of having a party ready to go sometime soon I have completed a second character with an appropriate background, a cleric at that since hero4hire is passing and we have two prospective sorcerers in the works. I can either this one or my previous one as the need arises.

[sblock=Urik Soladere]
Male Half-Orc Esoteric Scion Cleric 1
AC: 15 TAC: 12
HP: 19, Resonance: 1
Speed: 20 ft, Perception: +5 (T)
Align: LN, Deity: Irori
Languages: Common, Orc, Varisian

STR 16 +3, DEX 10 +0, CON 12 +1
INT 12 +1, WIS 18 +4, CHA 10 +0

FORT +3 (E), REF +1 (T), WILL +6 (E)

Skills: Athletics +1 (T), Diplomacy +1 (T), Esoteric Order Lore +2 (T), Medicine +5 (T), Occult +2 (T), Orc Lore +2 (T), Religion +5 (T)
Feats
Half-Orc (Ancestry/Heritage-1), Orc Tongue/Orc Toughness
Quick Identification (Background-1)

Class Features
Trained in Light Armour, Medium Armour, and Shields
Trained in All Simple Weapons
Anathema
Channel Positive Energy 3/day
Knowledge Domain (4 Spell Points, Lorekeeper's Fortune)
Divine Spellcasting (w/ Jump added to Spell List)

Spells (+5, DC 15)
4 Cantrips (typically Disrupt Undead, Forbidding Ward, Shield, Stabilize)
2 1st-Level (typically Bless, Magic Weapon)

Equipment (Bulk 4 L 9)
Chainmail, Morningstar, Dagger, Crossbow, 10 Bolts, Backpack, Bedroll, Belt Pouch, Flint & Steel, 3 Rations, Silver Holy Symbol of Irori, Religious Text, Satchel, Waterskin

Money 13 sp 5 cp

Urik Soladere hails from a family with a long history with the Esoteric Order of the Palantine Eye. Throughout the years they have countered many scholars and explorers amongst their number. But his father was a bit of a black sheep in the family. He took an interest in orcish lore and traditions, something most people would prefer to know as little about as possible, and ingratiated himself with a tribe of orcs who had encroached on the Storval Plateau from the nearby Hold of Belkzen.

His interests extended so far as to strike up an unapproved relationship with the chieftain's daughter and Urik was the result. His father had initially favoured the more noble sounded "Arik" but his orcish mother did not think it gutteral enough and so intervened. The rest of the tribe, however, was... not impressed. And Urik's father had to make a hasty retreat with his new son in tow. But his one time mate state with her tribe.

Urik, despite his appearance and heritage, is a far more conventional member of the Soladere family. Tutored by his aunt and grandfather he took quickly to the sort of esoteric lore their order typified. Eventually he found himself called into the service of the hero-deity Irori, patron of knowledge and self-perfection, whose temples Soladeres had found themselves ensconced in several times before. But after a few years Urik has developed a small but persistent wanderlust in the back of his mind. A final gift from his father. [/sblock]

I suspect GenCon is working against us getting started. CCS said they wouldn't be around Fri/Sat/Sun.

Wow, Kaodi, that was fast. History and everything.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I ran it F2F yesterday with the pregens (only the goblin has one of these 'manditory' backgrounds)... And the backgrounds never came up. I don't know why the book insists on them. Maybe for a later chapter?

Anyway I look forward to getting to play it. I like it so far. My character is 90% done. I will post it soon. Human Rogue.

GreenKarl

First Post
GreenKarl:

Background must be chosen from the list in the first post of this thread. Future characters will get to use the "normal" backgrounds.
Alchemy Crafting is actually called Alcemical Crafting (Please don't misspell things!) and it is not a class feat. It is a skill/general feat.
skills: You get 6 skills trained in addition to the one from your background and the class giving you Perception for free.
You don't need to put signature skills in your character sheet. That only matters at higher level when you want to move skills from expert to master and legendary.
You forgot to add your ancestry hp to your hp total.
Saving throws should +x format.
You realize with the Alchemical Crafting feat, you get 8 formulas in your book, right?

Sorry I missed that about the backgrounds. Will edit. As for the rest I was mostly plotting it all out to I did not miss anything as there is a lot to absorb. I will get to it. Yes I had not really poured over the formulas yet but I am pretty sure the Alcemical Crafting feat was an automatic feat for the class? Let me re-read it again, sorry. I really have to sit down and give it a good read through before putting anything down on paper.

Don't worry. I know all about having a lot to absorb.

Everyone: I've taken the character sheet format CG asked for help with and put it into the OP along with some bold formatting and a sblock containing the unparse code so it can be used. (Don't fix existing character sheets, unless you REALLY want to.) Also, I added yet another fields to the header: Hero Points. Everyone starts with 1. (pg 300 if you haven't encountered them in the book yet.)

We seem to have a lot of humans in the first 5 characters.

Last edited:

Remove ads