• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh! I thought Blorcho had advantage because of the darkness/surprise... :(
]

They're not surprised. They've been listening to the trolls fight for 30 second or so while they get ready. They may not have known Blurcho was going to climb over that hill right that second, but it's not like he was hiding. And anyhow, surprise by itself doesn't grant advantage.They have division (from their dragon masks) so they could see him as soon as he could see them.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Well, if you judge he doesn't have advantage, he doesn't - take the first roll and determine if it hits I suppose :)

Don't worry about Blurcho. He gets upset easily, but he also gets over things very fast.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just to let you all know: I am, yet again, waiting for my laptop to be fixed. I have some backups on my work computer, so I might be able to get some posts done at work (if I can find time) but it might be a few days still.

That's my excuse for being slow lately, but it seems nearly everyone is slow right now. I hope we can all keep going! These games are too good not to. Just let me know if you need to drop out or just need some patience and you'll get to it as soon as you can.

There will be no hard feelings either way.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've had a few. I have mixed feelings on them. I am by no means a killer DM. - I am entirely on the party's "side" in every fight. Still, I don't think that every fight should be balanced, or in the party's favour. That said, I think you should have been able to win this one, tough as it is. I think we've struggled with cohesiveness so far.

Some stuff (most notably visibility and movement) have been a true pain in the butt, I'm sure, but still... I feel like the party is somehow not firing on all cylinders. Maybe we shouldn't have split up, even though we're only missing Mord. I thought it would be good to keep the numbers down, but I am effectively running one big fight anyhow.

Remove ads