• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah I forgot to edit Sesto's Hit Points in the Round Roller, and I rolled Lorenn's healing potion wrong. It should be: Healing Potion: 2D4+2 = [4, 4]+2 = 10

So Sesto is awake and at 14 Hit Points.

Keep going with the trolls. Ooga and Oodna are almost in the Western Lair, where they can get in the Dragon's way or kill a bunch of Skraggs. Both of which will be useful. (Although they are Slowed, so they're only gonna get one attack and can't make opportunity attacks anymore (no reactions). You can scratch the Skragg one more time, though (We'll just consider that Oodna goes before the Skragg - after all, the Skragg is slowed too!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've forgotten that Dragon Fear saves can be rolled every round, at the end of your turn, so Primus, Lorenn, Loklafd, Alhana, and the three berserkers can all roll at least once to clear their fear. (dc14 Wisdom Save).

Aw, Heck, I'll just roll for everyone:

(Except Primus, because I don't know if he as tricks. @tglassy can you roll for Primus for round 6 and 7 saves against dragon fear?)

Berserkers Save (Round 6):

B1: 1D20 = [19] = 19
B3: 1D20 = [11] = 11
B9: 1D20 = [4] = 4

Berserkers Save (Round 7):

B3: Save: 1D20 = [12] = 12
B9: 1D20 = [16] = 16

Lorenn & Alhana' Saves

Lorenn (Round 6): 1D20-1 = [4] -1 = 3
Lorenn (Round 7): 1D20-1 = [17] -1= 16
Alhana (Round 6): 1D20+1= [18] +1 = 19

Loklafd's Saves

Round 6 Save: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
Round 7 Save: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16

So at the moment, only Berserker3 has Dragon Fear.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Any problem with Loklafd dual-wielding torches against this Skragg? I'm thinking as a frozen troll it's probably more susceptible to fire than to his swords. Also, if so, what would that look like dice roll wise?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Any problem with Loklafd dual-wielding torches against this Skragg? I'm thinking as a frozen troll it's probably more susceptible to fire than to his swords. Also, if so, what would that look like dice roll wise?

I have no problem with it. It would be at the same to-hit as his swords, but unfortunately torches only do 1 point of fire damage (I liked when they did 1d4 during the playtest. It made them a viable off-hand weapon like Aragorn vs the ring-wraith). I'm not sure if you'd get to add strength to the 1. I think it's supposed to be "no" by the rules. Part of me wants to houserule that. Aw, heck, let's do it. For now, and against the Skraggs, torches are simple, light, finesse weapons that deal 1d4 (+str or dex) fire damage. On a one, they break and go out. It's more complicated than 5e likes to be, but more fun too.

Oh! I thought Sesto was dying, did I blow an action surge and my last remaining warlock spell to give him 4 hp?:ROFLMAO:

Afraid so. Apparently you missed the post where I had Lorenn go and heal him. I mean, what else am I gonna do with Lorenn now that @Fradak has gone? (Sniff! I miss him!)

Though, to be fair, you blasted the Skragg for 19 damage too. So not bad. There's a number of Skraggs who are almost down. Has taken awhile, though.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
His enire body shaking with the cold and numbed from exposure, Loklafd managed to get both torches lit. Then taking one in each hand he stepped up to the Skragg abd tried to attack it. Unfortunately, he was still stiff from his wounds and both attacks went wide.

Dual-torches: 2#1d20+5 9 7 2#1d4+3 5 6
Figures, try something new and roll crap to do it. Oh well.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
His enire body shaking with the cold and numbed from exposure, Loklafd managed to get both torches lit. Then taking one in each hand he stepped up to the Skragg abd tried to attack it. Unfortunately, he was still stiff from his wounds and both attacks went wide.

Dual-torches: 2#1d20+5 9 7 2#1d4+3 5 6
Figures, try something new and roll crap to do it. Oh well.

cool post but... shouldn't it be in the IC thread? am I confused?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads