(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just in case it's unclear: There'd be no way to bring the Wagon to the riverside orc camp. No road, increasing elevation. Theoretically, you could bring Blaze, the Warhorse, but that wouldn't be easy (increasing the overall stealth dc).

As Tommi suggested, you could take the Wagon to the Western roadside camp, but you'd be passing the main encampment in the garden while travelling about a mile down the road that passes through the garden. The main orc camp is north of the road, but there'd be a strong possibility of alerting them. I think that if you want to hit the western camp, you'd want to circle south.

You could do that from this camp, following the creek past the Swan's Nest, going through the forest, and come up from the south, but then you'd want to leave the wagon where it is (maybe move it away from the rocky overhang, though - there's probably orcish runners that keep the camps communicating that might stumble upon it). Or the wagon could make a very dangerous run for the manor alone. If that's done quickly, it has a decent chance of making it, but it's risky.

I'm happy either way.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Oddly enough I think Dandin's the only character that had anything relevant to vehicle travel. His background gives proficiency in navigator's tools (which I never bought for some reason and has fallen off of his sheet. And a cart+mule.

I could've sworn it gave him vehicle prof. Maybe that was in the original book?

Edit: N/M I think I chose to lean an extra language instead.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I thought Dandin did as well. I'm pretty sure Lionel does, though. You have to assume that pretty much everyone can drive a cart, but proficiency means that you're actually pretty good at it (one would only have to roll doing crazy maneuvers, after all, not basic overland travel. I think it's the same for horseback riding, and probably basic row-boat rowing, too. It's not like D&D characters are modern city-folk. I assume most of them can butcher a carcass too, unlike myself!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
FloshinEstate.jpg

You might be thinking of the river? The red dots are the road. The riverside camp is the blue-purple diamond near the river to the north. The black slash-marks are contour lines (the 1200 ft one marks the ridge we've been talking about - the 1100 ft one is also a ridge). The road turns into the manor, but the riverside camp is north of that. Do you see what I mean? You can take the road back to the manor, but not to the riverside camp.

(The river also has a series of rapids/waterfalls as it goes up (well, obviously, it goes down) the 100 feet between the ridges. It's relatively flat as it passes through the garden, and is rough again in the forest to the south).

Okay, so we have to accompany the cart to the manor anyway don't we. Or is the plan to climb up to 1200 ft here and travel along the ridge line to the other camp. Do we know if the north camp is close to the 1200 ft ridge (assuming it is a ridge) or are they closer to the river.

I assume we didn't go to the west camp on high road because we didn't want the main force of orc between us and the manor. Still we could retreat from there to the Swan's Nest.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think the idea was to accompany the wagon to the crossroads and leave it to make a run for the manor, then head up along the ridge using the forest line for cover and then work your way back down to the river from the east. I'm ready to go with that if that's what everyone wants to do.

(Unless anyone has any objections or you want to try something else...)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I'm late to the party (sorry) but here are my 2 bob's worth:
Lionel will take the wagon (and the guard) to the manor. He has proficiency in Land Vehicles and the wagon is a valuable asset.
Titus will join the others in the fight, although he will be rattling quite loudly. He will most likely hang back a bit and let the quiet people lead the assault.
Skill roles and posts to follow shortly.

Remove ads