(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yes. That's pretty much what I was thinking. The "going to her brother" thing was to SAVE Titus. But you're right. It's because the child showed mighty magical promise, the Thayan came to collect when his father failed on his end of whatever bargain. Titus' uncle intervened, and cut Titus off from his magics - or so he thought.

The only thing that I felt differently about was that I felt that ultimately, keeping Titus alive was a way of rescuing him from the deal, as opposed to furthering the deal. As far as the Lich part goes, I suppose it's more like he'd ultimately *serve* a Lich, whether or not he'd *become* one.

At any rate, I like the idea of your uncle being just as much of a Patron as the Thayan. Both of them fighting over who ultimately has control of Titus' fate (obviously Titus himself would have his own ideas, too) makes it interesting.

At any rate, I think that *this* level's power that's unlocked in Titus should have no guidance for him as to where it came from or why. (Mostly because there are better locations for this sort of thing than here in Julkoun - I don't always want it to be psychic communication from afar. Influence, sure, but not direct communication. Not yet.)

I smell Szass Tam...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis is leveled to 3. He took Hunter/Horde Breaker, so he gets an extra melee attack on his turn (3 attacks!) on a separate creature within 5'. He picked up Absorb Elements for his new spell.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The gobs have DA to see us? That's definitely a bonus. But even better, maybe we could get them looking elsewhere? Their lookout area is pretty wide. Maybe if Dandin sneaks farther around the curve of the wall and uses Minor Illusion to make what looks like pile of gold that just happens to be glinting in the sunlight at them? Just enough to make them want to stare for a while?

Fradak

Explorer
I really like the idea but if you are thinking about anything involving stealth, I'd like to draw your attention on Enseth and his severe lack of skills in this matter.
Now, Fitz uses some times group skill challenge. It can maybe help Enseth to blend into the mass (under a tarp e.g.).

Or he can be the decoy himself, like on the South Bank. He should survive the process but I don't see how he will join the others into the Cellars after that without giving their position.
Or a more direct way, sleep spell. 3 gobs... seems doable. This way, a 7 feet Shield Guardian should be able to enter the bridge without being noticed.

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I really like the idea but if you are thinking about anything involving stealth, I'd like to draw your attention on Enseth and his severe lack of skills in this matter.
Now, Fitz uses some times group skill challenge. It can maybe help Enseth to blend into the mass (under a tarp e.g.).

Or he can be the decoy himself, like on the South Bank. He should survive the process but I don't see how he will join the others into the Cellars after that without giving their position.
Or a more direct way, sleep spell. 3 gobs... seems doable. This way, a 7 feet Shield Guardian should be able to enter the bridge without being noticed.
Dandin can now give Enseth advantage on deck checks for an hour as well as a bonus D6. Sleep is another option, but if it fails to knock all 3 out we could have a problem. Unless we have a few good 'snipers' standing by to knock out the last one before he can sound the alarm? Also, it only lasts for a minute.

Remove ads