(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin Applesbane (Lightfoot Halfling, Merchant/Bard)

[sblock]
Dandin.jpg
Dandin has always been basically on his own. He was orphaned at a young age and had to take care of himself. He had a knack for talking himself out of trouble, and on occasion using a bit of illusion to make an escape.

He didn't know where the magic came from, only that he could use it in a small variety of ways, usually while playing his only clue to his past, a shawm.

Eventually, he caught the eye of one of the local merchants who brought him in as an apprentice. Over the ensuing 5 years he learned much of the business world and more importantly, how to wheel and deal with the best of them.

Eventually he earned enough to set himself up with a cart, a mule and a small load of supplies. His objective? Look for any opportunity that arises, load up on anything of value he can find and sell it at a profit. Morals optional.

Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)
Background: Guild Merchant
Class: Bard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Abilities: Abil(Bonus)<Save>, Skill Prof(Bonus)
Strength: 8(-1)
Dexterity: 14(+2)<+4>, Stealth(+4)
Constitution: 10(+0)
Intellect: 13(+1), History(+3)
Wisdom: 14(+2), Insight(+4)
Charisma: 16(+3)<+5>, Deception, Persuasion(+5)

Vital Stats:
HP: 8/8 Hit dice: 1d8
AC: 14
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Speed: 25 ft.
Languages: Common, Halfling, Elven, Dwarven

Combat:
Rapier: +4, 1d8+2(P), Finesse
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2(P), Finesse, Light, Thrown(20/60)
Sling: +4, 1d4+2(B), Ammunition(30/120) <60 bullets>

Abilities:
Halfling(Lightfoot)
Abil: Dex +2, Cha +1
Age: 25, Height: 2'10", Wgt: 38lbs, Hair: Brown, Eyes: Blue
Speed: 25 ft.
Lucky (Reroll 1's on Attack, Abil, or save)
Brave: Advantage vs. Frightened
Halfling Nimbleness: Move through the space of any creature larger than self.
Naturally Stealthy: Can hide even when obscured only by a larger creature. (Medium +)
BG: Guild Artisan(Merchant)
Skill Prof: Insight, Persuasion
Bonus Languages: +2
Guild Business: (Merchants)
Feature: Guild Membership
Traits: Haggles tirelessly, Always trying to figure out what makes people tick.
Ideal: In it for the freedom to do what he pleases, and make some coin on the side.
Bond: The Bazaar where I learned my trade is the most important place in the world for me.
Flaw: I'm never satisfied with what I have. I always want more.
Bard: HD(d8)
Proficiencies
Weapons: Simple, Hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Tools: Shawm, Dulcimer, Lute
Spellcasting:
Abil: Cha(+3) Save DC: 13, Spell Attack: +5
Cantrips Known: 2
Minor Illusion, Viscious Mockery
Spell Slots:
1st: 2
Spells Known: 4
Comprehend Languages(R), Detect Magic(R), Identify(R), Sleep
Ritual Casting
Spellcasting Focus: Musical Instrument
Bardic Inspiration: 1d6, (0/3) used/LR

Equipment:
Coins: (PP: 0, GP: 49, EP: 0, SP: 2, CP: 8)
Weight: (30lb/(E40/HE80/M120))
Studded Leather(13lb)
Rapier(2lb)
2 Daggers(2lb)
Sling (Ammo 60)(-/4.5lb)
Shawm
Pouch (1lb)
(Coins)
Backpack (5lb)
2 Cases (Map/Scroll) (2lb)
5 sheets of paper
Sealing Wax
Ink (bottle), Ink Pen

Cart (Pulled by Donkey<Bit&Bridle>)
Chest (W/Lock) (25lb/1lb)
Set of fine clothes (6lb)
Lamp(1lb), 2 flasks of oil(2lb)
Bottle of Perfume, Soap
[/sblock]

On an aside, I would like to buy him a barrel of apples to keep in his cart. He earned the name "Applesbane" for a reason, afterall.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think the two halflings to be something of rivals, as long as the players feel that they can do that while still working together.

What do you think? I'm thinking bickering, not true animosity.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Another question for you all, if I was to start the game with your character in the middle of a Downtime activity, what would it be?

(If it is dependent on how much downtime I give you, give me options for "a little" (days?) and "a lot" (weeks?))

Here's the link to the UA if you want some more Downtime Options, otherwise check the usual book sources.

Gimme some idea what your usual day-to-day is like.

tglassy

Adventurer
Most things cost money. I'd love to have him carousing with the Nobility, but that takes 500 gp. I suppose he'd be Pit Fighting. It's a roll every workweek. He doesn't use the money to live on, he charges that to his family, but he plans to use it to eventually carouse with nobility, getting to know them.

I'm going to say he's a younger son of some nobility in Waterdeep. No chance to inherit, as he has a number of older siblings, he's being forced to go find his fortune himself. His goals are to have an estate to rival his family's.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
In this case "pit-fighting" is less "pit-fighting" and more "duelling". Daggerford has pretty civilised sensibilities when it comes to that sort of violence, but with everyone serving in the militia at one point or another, they love a good skills-match. And don't get me wrong, it can get pretty violent when rivalries form and the drink is flowing. Obviously, it's not fought in a pit, and in fact, they have no stands (to watch from). When there's a match, it's in the Drill yard, and spectators make a big circle. Most of them are hardy militia folk (children can only watch from between legs or on people's shoulders), so they don't mind risking having someone thrown into them, within reason.

Remove ads