(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

River Song

Explorer
Lionel Hardcheese - WIP

Lionel Hardcheese
Halfling – Stout (M) Rogue, Folk Hero

The Happy Cow Tavern:
The Hardcheese family of strongheart halflings has run the Happy Cow Tavern, a homey alehouse, for generations. The drink is cheap, the pace is slow, and the talk is about farms and farming. The Hardcheeses run a large dairy operation and own various pieces of good farmland around Daggerford that they rent out to tenants. These farms provide the tavern with the cheeses that gave the halflings their family name and the other simple staples served at the Happy Cow. The Hardcheeses are well known for their generosity, and they are happy to lend money to folk they know. Their bar serves as a bank to most of the farmers of the region, much to the consternation of Lady Belinda Anteos of the Sword Coast Traders’ Bank.

Alignment: cG
Armor Class: 15 (Studded Leather + Dex)
Hit Points: 11 (1d8+3)
Speed: 25 ft.

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: {14 + 2Racial} 16 (+3)
Con: {15 + 1 Racial} 16 (+3)
Int: 13 (+1)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 8 (-2)

Senses: Normal vision, passive Perception = 13
Languages: Common, Halfling, Thieves Cant
Skills: Acrobatics (+5), Animal Handling (+3), Insight (+3), Investigation (+3), Perception (+3), Survival (+3),
Tools:Thieves Tools, Vehicles – Land, Cooks Utensil

Saves: Intelligence(+3), Dexterity(+5)
Prof. Bonus: +2

Actions

Dagger Melee Attack: +5 Ranged Attack: +5 to hit, 20/60 ft. Hit: (1d4+3) piercing damage.
Shortsword +5 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing damage
Light Crossbow Ranged Attack: +5 to hit, 80/320 ft. Hit: (1d8+3) piercing damage

Feature: Rustic Hospitality

Equipment

Bessie the Mule - 8gp
Cart 15 gp

Cooks Tools 1gp 8lbs - on cart
Thieves Tools 25gp 1lbs
Studdeed Leather 45gp 7lbs
Crossbow Light 25gp 5lbs
Dagger 2gp 1lbs
Shortsword 10gp 2lbs
Backpack 2gp 5lbs
Bedroll 1gp 7lbs - on cart
Rations (10d) 5gp 20lbs - 2 day in backpack, 8 day in cart
Crossbow Bolts x 20 1gp 1.5lbs
Case 1gp 1lbs
Waterskin 0.2gp 1lbs
Lantern Hooded 5gp 2lbs
Oil x3 0.3gp 3lbs

Total spent: 146 gp and 5 sp

Coins: 53 gp and 5 sp

1 Potion of Healing 50gp

Leaves: 3gp and 5 sp

Class features
Armour:light
Weapons:Simple, hand crossbows, longsword, rapiers, short swords
Expertise: Cooks Utensils, Thieves Tools
Sneak Attack: 1d6

Racial Features:
Lucky: Reroll attack, ability check or save or 1
Brave: adv on saves against fear
Halfling Nimbleness: move through space of creatures larger
Stout Resilience: adv on poison saves, resistant to poison damage

Background
Lionel's first love is cooking, however due to the families holdings and operation as a quasi-banking firm; his father felt it necessary for at least one of his children to have some ability with locks and the like. He arranged for his son to train with Hartnel Percen; a member of the Thieves Guild and whilst Lionel applied himself out of duty it wasn't his passion. However, duty rules his life, duty to family and duty to Daggerford and Lionel was always one of the first to volunteer for any civic duties that may be required.

Description: Standing at 3 feet tall, Lionel has brown hair, hazel eyes and fair skin like most of his family. He is a little chubby as he believes no one would trust a skinny cook. He loves to prepare food and see the delight on peoples faces and in addition to his normal milking and cooking duties at the Happy Cow Tavern; is is also a master locksmith for the funds that are stored there.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Any openings still? I have had a dwarven ranger lying around. I could tweak his backstory for this campaign. Or I could play any other role that's needed.

Hmmmm... Eight? Is eight too much? I'll give it a shot. I suppose worst-case scenario, I could split the group in two when my Vault of the Dracolich game ends. I think I shouldn't run four games, but three should be okay. Vault of the Dracolich is (by it's nature) a finite game, and while I've expanded it quite a bit, we're about halfway through (since May) so my guess is we will finish... September-ish?

I'll try and make eight work until then.

Full now, though.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Let's see, we have:

Archon Basileus playing a Dwarven Cleric
Fradak playing Warforged Cleric/Wizard
Tglassy playing a Human Noble Fighter
Kobold Stew playing a Human Rogue
River Song playing Lionel Hardcheese, a Halfling Rogue
Gargoyleking playing Dandin Applesbane, a Halfling Bard
Eayres33 playing ??
KahlessNestor playing a Dwarven Ranger

Two Dwarves, Two Halflings, Two Humans, Two Rogues, Interesting.

Eares, make a barroom brawler fighter (or monk) from the human riverfolk underclass! (Just an idea - do what you want.)

eayres33

Explorer
Name: Snake of the Trees (Snake)
Race: Tabaxi
Class Level: Sorcerer 1
Background: Outlander
Alignment: CG

[sblock=Combat]
AC: 16
Initiative: +3
Speed 30 ft
Climb: 20 ft
HP 8/8
Hit Dice: 1d6
Size: medium
Dagger +5 to hit 20/60 1d4+3
Sling +5 to hit 30/120 1d4+3
Spell to hit +5
Spell Save DC 13
Cantrips: Firebolt, Mage Hand, Message, Minor Illusion
Spells: Shield, Sleep

[/sblock]
[sblock=Ability Scores]
Ability Score/ST/ Modifier
Strength 8/8/ (-1)
Dexterity 16/16/+3
Constitution 13/15/+1
Intelligence 10/10/0
Wisdom 12/12/+1
Charisma 16/18/+3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Proficiency Bonus +2
Acrobatics +5
Animal Handling +1
Arcana 0
Athletics (-1)
Deception +3
History 0
Insight +3
Intimidation +3
Investigation 0
Medicine +1
Nature 0
Perception +3
Performance +3
Persuasion +5
Religion 0
Sleight of Hand +3
Stealth +5
Survival +3
Passive Perception 13
Passive Insight 13
[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficiencies]
Languages: Common, dwarvish, draconic, elvish
Armors: none
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
[/sblock]
[sblock=Features and Traits]
Darkvision. You have a cat’s keen senses, especially in the dark. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Feline Agility. Your reflexes and agility allow you to move with a burst of speed. When you move on your turn in combat, you can double your speed until the end of the turn. Once you use this trait, you can’t use it again until you move 0 feet on one of your turns.
Cat’s Claws. Because of your claws, you have a climbing speed of 20 ft. In addition, your claws are natural weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4+your strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
Cat’s Talent. You have proficiency in the Perception and Stealth Skills
Red Dracon Ancestor, damage type fire, has double proficiency on checks against dragons.
Draconic Resilience. At first level your hit point maximum increase by 1 and increases by 1 again whenever you gain a level in this class. Additionally, parts of your skin are covered by a sheen of dragon-like scales. When you aren’t wearing any armor, your AC equals 13 + your dexterity modifier.
Wanderer. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water and so forth.
Spell Casting 4 Cantrips, 2 first level spell slots and 2 known spells

[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Staff, a hunting trap, a bear claw necklace, a set of traveler’s clothes and belt, 2 daggers, sling, crystal, backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches,tinderbox, 10 days of rations, 2 waterskin, 50 feet of hempen robe, bedroll, tent, shovel
GP 178, 7 SP
[/sblock]
[sblock=Personality & Appearance]
Tabaxi Obsessions – My curiosity is currently fixed on a monster, in particular red dragons.
Tabaxi Quirks – You have a minor phobia of water and hate getting wet.
Personality trait. I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Ideal. Change, life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond, I’ve been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question.
Flaw, there is no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]
Snake grew up far from the sword coast and lived with histribe, the Of the Tree Tribe. Always the most curious and the biggest risktaker of his pride, Snake became fascinated with dragon’s once he saw one flyoverhead as a young child. At the age of 20 Snake left his homeland to learnmore about the greater world, his mysterious powers and dragons.

For the ten years after he left his homeland, Snake of theTrees wandered the Sword Coast, joining adventuring groups and doing odd jobsas he adjusted to this strange world of men, elves and dwarves. While helearned much about the world and grew more familiar with his magical powersSnake had never come face to face with another dragon and still had the hungerto learn more about them eating at his soul. Around seven years ago he heard ofan extremely old wizard named Delfen Yellowknife who lived in Daggerford.

Snake of the Trees has spent the last seven years spendinghalf his time in Daggerford and half of his time out adventuring. While in townSnake lives at the Silver Flood Inn, doing odd jobs around town and spends sometime each reach learning about dragons from Delfen Yellowknife. Most of Snakesexpenses have been paid by the money he has made adventuring, whether itstreasure he has found or wages he has been paid as a porter, a forage, or a guard.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads