• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Okay...all the NPCs are at full hp. Sarith has 2/3 HD remaining and Derendil has 3/6. [MENTION=6801671]SunGold[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], when you get a chance, put how many HD you have in the google doc the way DMAesh did.

I double checked the rule...you gain half HD (round down, minimum 1) so 3rd level characters get one HD back on a short rest.

I'm going to post a map of this dungeon. Fights will remain TotM though, for now (I prefer TotM to gridded combat, even at the table...but when fights get complex enough I have been known to switch on occasion).

SunGold

First Post
Maybe? Kinda seems like a waste of HD.

Speaking of, could you please put my HD on the Google sheet, Aesh? 3/3. Sorry, but it's annoying on my phone so I never use it. I track everything on my RG post.

DMAesh

Explorer
Yeah, but we did not know that we were going to be safe, and I think it makes sense that they would not want to take that chance.

I will update you HD, no prob! ^_^

SunGold

First Post
Thanks. We should all have 3/3 anyway IIRC.

Last time any PCs used HD was right after the hook horror fight. We were 2nd level, so even if we had 0/2 there...

Long resting at Ploop's camp restored 1, so now 1/2. Leveled during that rest, so now 2/3 (unless you want want to count the one we gained for leveling as already "used").

Long rested just now, so 3/3.

DMAesh

Explorer
Eh, I was just being safe and considering that the leveled HD was an empty HD, and needs to be filled. But if the DM wants to let that one be added on as "unused" I am okay with putting it up at 3/3.

SunGold

First Post
Yeah, the rules aren't really clear on that.

I interpret it as being unused since the hp gained when you roll said HD at level don't actually get added to your current hp, but rather, to your maximum. You still have to rest to fill up the new hp, so it's not like you've gained any healing from it when you level. Hence, IMO, unused.

Still fuzzy enough for a DM's call, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads