D&D 5E Reworking Spell Lists (Reducing "Sameyness")

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'd give Polymorph to the Arcane, yup.
Maybe give the Conjure: fey and beast to Primal, Conjure celestial and demons to Divine and give Elementals to Arcane?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Arcane is going to get Wall of Force, which is pretty much all the Wall action anyone really needs. :)
It was also based somewhat on the amount of control currently missing from the arcane list. Wall of Force is the big one though, for sure, but the wait to 9th level is also pretty long.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yeah!

also @Fenris-77, would you prefer having Misty Step or Thunder Step in the Arcane Sphere? Honestly I'm not sure I'm a big fan of teleporting powers on the Primal Sphere, so by switching some spells, I think I prefer having them both in the Arcane Sphere.
Is the Druid list still associated loosely with Fey, or are Fey more Arcane?

They teleport the most, in dnd, so I’d use that to decide tbh. Though I’d love a Druid spell that is like lightning arrow, but jsut a spell attack against the far off target, and you and the final target Teleport to swap places.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Down for that.
Okay I know I said I was bowing out, but the actual spell list part of this does still interest me (I just would take some spells and make them unique to the secondary casters).

Doesn’t trafficking with fiends seem...like...1000% wizard business? I’m struggling to recall ever seeing a cleric in any edition doing anything with fiends except smite them with righteous fury.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
UPDATE: 4th level spells are up in the OP. Luckily, as the spell levels get higher, the lists get shorter, but the decisions can get harder (even if there are less of them). ;)

It is interesting following everyone's ideas!

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Druids really should be conjuring elementals.

Wizards should be summoning Demons & 'monsters.' Clerics, banishing them.

I like giving Arcane the Locate spells.
And, the others are classic Wizard, too.

Unfortunately, this is where I think we need to start shifting the bailiwicks of the Big 3. As others have said, I like the idea of Clerics summoning demons and being able to banish them. This allows for good and evil to both be represented in the same class.

While druids conjuring elements makes some sense obviously, they already conjure other things. Changing our mindset to something more along the lines druids can controls and manipulate elements, but once that force takes on sentience they can't, and this is where the wizard steps in?

It isn't easy, trying to re-imagine some long-standing concepts with regard to these spells. :(

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases