The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Wizards of the Coast doesn't owe you anything.
I-Was-Promised-Delicious-Cake.jpg

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Oh. It's not so easy to do a poll is it? Hmmm? :unsure:

It is almost like the more choices and potential topics built into the question the more room there is to miss something, get it wrong, or have data that is nearly impossible to make sense of. . .

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
My poll archive now stands at 25:

1. "I have never once worried about 'encounters per day' when prepping D&D 5E"
  2. "As a DM I don't pay all that much attention (if any) to the PCs' remaining resources."
  3. "As DM, I Know How All the PCs' Abilities, Spells, and Items Work"
  4. "I Like to Play D&D on My Birthday"
  5. "When DMing I Avoid Making the PCs have 'pointless' combats."
  6. "The so-called '5-Minute Workday' is Something I've Seen Regularly Playing 5E D&D"
  7. "I House Ruled Aspects of 5E or Chose to Use Options from the DMG Before I'd Ever Played or Run 5E"
  8. "Tactics are an Important Part of D&D"
  9. "When I Run D&D 5E, the Arc of the PCs' Adventures is 'Zero to Hero'."
  10. "When Starting Up a New Campaign I Always Have a Session #0"
  11. "As a Player, I Alert the DM When I Notice Them Make a Mistake in the PCs Favor"
  12. "When I DM, I Try to Make Sure to Lay Eyes on Every Roll My Players Make to Confirm It"
  13. "My group uses Discord, Email, or some other form of chat to take care of in-game between-session logistics and/or role-playing."
  14. "In My General Experience Playing D&D, DMs Care More About Setting Lore Than Players Do"
  15. "When Running a 5E Campaign I Always Ban at Least One Core Race, Class, or Sub-Class"
  16. "I Prefer for My 5E D&D Campaigns to Have a Pre-Determined Ending Point"
  17. "As a whole, 3rd Party Products Make D&D Better."
  18. "I have Experienced What I'd Call 'DM Burnout'"
  19. "I Have Grandfathered or Incorporated Rules/Features from Previous Editions of D&D into my 5E campaigns."
  20. "Once an encounter begins, I will make changes to it for balance, fun, or rules reasons."
  21. "When I DM I do my Best to Curb Players Meta-Gaming or Using Out-of-Character Knowledge."
  22. "Players in my D&D Group Sometimes Play Characters of a Different Gender."
  23. "I have had a 'D&D Hangover'"
  24. "I have Played in or Run a Campaign Set in the Forgotten Realms"
  25. "I have played in or run a D&D campaign set in Greyhawk."

Ryujin

Legend
My poll archive now stands at 25:

1. "I have never once worried about 'encounters per day' when prepping D&D 5E"
  2. "As a DM I don't pay all that much attention (if any) to the PCs' remaining resources."
  3. "As DM, I Know How All the PCs' Abilities, Spells, and Items Work"
  4. "I Like to Play D&D on My Birthday"
  5. "When DMing I Avoid Making the PCs have 'pointless' combats."
  6. "The so-called '5-Minute Workday' is Something I've Seen Regularly Playing 5E D&D"
  7. "I House Ruled Aspects of 5E or Chose to Use Options from the DMG Before I'd Ever Played or Run 5E"
  8. "Tactics are an Important Part of D&D"
  9. "When I Run D&D 5E, the Arc of the PCs' Adventures is 'Zero to Hero'."
  10. "When Starting Up a New Campaign I Always Have a Session #0"
  11. "As a Player, I Alert the DM When I Notice Them Make a Mistake in the PCs Favor"
  12. "When I DM, I Try to Make Sure to Lay Eyes on Every Roll My Players Make to Confirm It"
  13. "My group uses Discord, Email, or some other form of chat to take care of in-game between-session logistics and/or role-playing."
  14. "In My General Experience Playing D&D, DMs Care More About Setting Lore Than Players Do"
  15. "When Running a 5E Campaign I Always Ban at Least One Core Race, Class, or Sub-Class"
  16. "I Prefer for My 5E D&D Campaigns to Have a Pre-Determined Ending Point"
  17. "As a whole, 3rd Party Products Make D&D Better."
  18. "I have Experienced What I'd Call 'DM Burnout'"
  19. "I Have Grandfathered or Incorporated Rules/Features from Previous Editions of D&D into my 5E campaigns."
  20. "Once an encounter begins, I will make changes to it for balance, fun, or rules reasons."
  21. "When I DM I do my Best to Curb Players Meta-Gaming or Using Out-of-Character Knowledge."
  22. "Players in my D&D Group Sometimes Play Characters of a Different Gender."
  23. "I have had a 'D&D Hangover'"
  24. "I have Played in or Run a Campaign Set in the Forgotten Realms"
  25. "I have played in or run a D&D campaign set in Greyhawk."
Impressive.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
@payn Which do you think you would prefer, the e8 type set up, spreading the abilities up to level 8 across 20 or 30 levels, or using XP to adhoc improve things getting up to about level 8?

(Where 8 could be anything from 6-12 depending on what is deemed the sweet spot).

Remove ads