• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

RPGs TUW: Boga City

Kwargrow

Explorer
San-bolo take time before leaving the city to say their farewells and make invitations to visit Southroad Fair. A tourist trade could be another boon for the town.

Later with the equine:

Who among us would have the best chance and/or be able to get closest to them?
Bolo replies, "Perhaps this is a chance for all of us to test our skills. We should chose one of the animals each and approach it. We have been working on our ability to disguise ourselves with Way. Could we make our group look like a part of their herd and then coax some of them away? By the time they realize we are not horses they would be under our direction."

Sannit strokes his beard and says, "I like it better than scaring them like the cattle. Some of those guys might fight us."

Turtle is relieved to be out of the city. Not even the trees or the grass smelled right. He doesn't even look at the equine. He knows the deal by now.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 207: Doldrums 57: Equines

Saemund conveys,
"The strategy we used on the bovines should serve us well."
Tor says,
Agreed, we should try our luck. Who among us would have the best chance and/or be able to get closest to them?”
Bolo replies,
"Perhaps this is a chance for all of us to test our skills. We should chose one of the animals each and approach it. We have been working on our ability to disguise ourselves with Way. Could we make our group look like a part of their herd and then coax some of them away? By the time they realize we are not horses they would be under our direction
."
Sheldon runs his left hand through his hair, pulling it back from his face.
"I know I sound negative, but I think that is a bit overly hopeful. Our skill has improved, but hiding from people, in many ways, is easier than hiding from animals, especially those always on the lookout for prey. I am not saying don't try it, but we should plan on this taking several hours to track and corral them before any of us can get close enough to have them in range of our ability to manipulate Way. We need to be able to get within 15 to 20 paces. That is quite close."

Indigo offers,
"We should use our own pack animals to our advantage, again. I think it will reduce the necessary time and allow us to get closer. If we manage to not spook these horses... I think they are horses. It is difficult to tell at this distance... we may be able to befriend or compel the entire herd. We need to unburden our animals, and someone should still stay with our stuff."

OOC: At this moment Bolo, Indigo, and Saemund have the greatest range to affect the animals, being 20 paces. Everyone else is several paces shorter. There is a total of 14 equines. They are about 100 paces (600') away.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Sannit sits on the grass with a grin and says, "Since the rest of you were kind enough to let me take the lead in Boga, I'm going to let the rest of you collect the horses. I'll stay with the gear."

Bolo says, "We will go with your plan, Indigo." If Turtle is not needed then she will tell him to stay with Sannit.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor both nod in agreement with Indigo.

Merin says, "Ready when you are."

Merin muses to himself:~Hmmm. When this business with Asylim is over, I want to revisit this. Herding livestock could be a profitable venture, one that might give us the funds we need to reach the next level, in terms of establishing ourselves, and being able to afford things. Not just for ourselves, but for potential employees, as well. And let's not forget the town itself. It would be a very nice thing to have the money to afford to outfit the town's militia with proper arms and armor, and to be able to afford the hiring of a private security force, to protect our interests while we are away. I must remember to mention this to Sheldon at some point.~
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 207: Doldrums 57: Equine Pursuits

Sheldon helps unburden the pack animals and stays with Sannit and Vadin to help guard the party's stuff. All the others walk along with the pack animals toward the grazing equines on the far hill. As everyone gets closer, it becomes more evident as to why it was so difficult to determine specifics about the horses from a distance. The animals are peculiarly marked allowing them to blend somewhat into the grasses and obscure their true appearance.

Okapi.jpg

GM: The Seekers have never even heard of such a horse, much less seen one. They would later learn, after talking to Swift Raven and Fallen Leaf, that the animal is called a windrunner and is a very swift mount. Though it is not specifically suited as a beast of burden, its value as a riding mount is almost unsurpassed, and the animals should well-suit any use or desire of the Seekers.

The capture crew follows the animals for more than an hour before getting close enough to befriend one. There are two adult Windrunner stallions, 8 adult mares, and 4 yearling colts. Once the first animal is befriended, it aids in collecting the others.

The first animal befriended is a male colt, who becomes curious at its followers. Once befriended it is compelled to walk directly back toward the trailing Seekers. This provokes its mother to move back toward the group, calling in a whistling sound to its colt. Once she is befriended, also, one of the stallions becomes curious and another mare and so forth it goes until all 14 animals fall under the control of the pursuing Seekers.

The animals are amazingly beautiful, sleek, and muscular. It is obvious that they are built for speed and are half again larger than the donkey and twice the size of the burros, though they will, likely, only carry the same amount of collections as the smaller animals which are more suited to the draft.

Once back with Sheldon, Sannit, and Vadin, the new equines are tethered with the pack animals to begin their training process during the return trip to Southroad Fair.
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin looks at the horses the other Seekers brought in, and says, "Those are some fine animals."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund examines the animals.
"Fine animals indeed, we should look into having saddles made so we can ride them. It would mean faster travel. We could still sell the rest for a hefty profit. If no one has objections I will pick out one of the taller animals and bond it."

If no one objects Saemund will single out one of the taller, male windrunners for himself and begin the process of personally imprinting on the animal. He also calls for Feroz so that he may become accustomed to the horse's presence.

Feroz glides down lands on the perch Saemund made for him and sends back feelings of begrudged acquiescence. Feroz thinks to himself, ~I will befriend the flightless one if the human desires it , but I will not spend excessive time bound to the earth as this creature is.~
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sheldon Engages Saemund

If no one objects Saemund will single out one of the taller, male windrunners for himself and begin the process of personally imprinting on the animal...
GM: Saemund finds that the shoulder of the two stallions stands right at his own shoulder level, indicating that the animal should, indeed, be able to carry him. Being fully under his control, the horse does not spook when Feroz glides in. Saemund can sense the intelligence of the rare horse. He feels certain that by taking his time he will be able to command even more of the horse than he can of his hawk.

Sheldon replies,
"That is a good idea. You and Tor should work with the two stallions since you will need the larger horses to carry you. Those two male colts should grow into that potential as well, but it will likely take several years. I think we should sell our pack animals to Clavo at the Carpenters Guild and keep all of the horses y'all just captured. It will allow all of us to ride, plus carry our gear."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sheldon said:
"...That is a good idea. You and Tor should work with the two stallions since you will need the larger horses to carry you."
Tor nods, "Very well, let's be about it. Come here, boy." Tor approaches the equine and begins to befriend it.
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
There are two adult Windrunner stallions, 8 adult mares, and 4 yearling colts
San-Bolo select two of the mares for their use and work with them, getting them familiar with Turtle while they are at it.

Bolo says, "We have enough to start breeding them as well if that is a line of work we choose to go into. It could be another way to make our town known."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Bolo says,
"We have enough to start breeding them as well if that is a line of work we choose to go into. It could be another way to make our town known."
Indigo makes physical contact with all of the new animals. She moves the pack animals among the new mounts, to start the familiarity process. She like the idea of being able to ride one of these fine muscular beasts. She and Sheldon work more specifically with 2 mares of their own, getting them used to taking commands and carrying a few items.

Saemund examines the animals.
"Fine animals indeed, we should look into having saddles made so we can ride them. It would mean faster travel..."
Indigo says to Saemund,
"We definitely need to talk to Swift Raven and Fallen Leaf about making some riding saddles. I imagine these horses can run fast enough to make it nearly impossible to stay on one without a saddle."

Indigo responds to Bolo,
"I certainly like the idea of breeding these. The turn around will be slow, but the profits should be incredible. I cannot see selling these horses to the Carpenters. We have already collected enough pack animals that they are breeding. That should keep draft animals in stock for the town. We would not even need to pin the horses, even ladened they can travel. Once near term, we would leave the mare unburdened at let her colt naturally. We could see about selling the colts, once weened, wherever we might travel.

What say all of you
?"
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 207 - 209: Doldrums 57 -59: Continuing South

Two more days of travel in the hot dry weather brings the Seekers back to the stone bridge that crosses the main branch of the westward flowing river. The crew can see that other travelers have stopped at the bridge site. There are two wagons situated off the eastern side of the road, with several people milling about. The people seem to be marking off some section of ground, as they are pulling string and staking it.

The people are Centrin and there are also 4 soldiers dressed in the garb common to the Boga City Guard. The guards and another a man and a woman, running the line, greet the Seekers in the Centrin tongue as they arrive at comfortable speaking distance.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will both wave, and give friendly greetings as the party approaches.

At one point, Tor says to Sheldon, "You're the most proficient among us in their language. You should do most of the talking."
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
We could see about selling the colts, once weened, wherever we might travel.
Sannit replies, "Maybe we should sell the colts to Southroad Fair people. That way the rare horses will be linked closer with our town and when we decide to breed them everyone will already know that connection."

At the bridge:
San-Bolo greet the people in Centrin and take a moment to closely observe the others and their transportation.

 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund nods at Sannit's suggestion. "Southroad would become known for the quality of her mounts, is there someone in town with talents in animal husbandry?
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 209: Doldrums 59: The Stone Bridge

Merin and Tor will both wave, and give friendly greetings as the party approaches.
Tor says to Sheldon,
"You're the most proficient among us in their language. You should do most of the talking."
Sheldon nods.

Sannit -
"Maybe we should sell the colts to Southroad Fair people. That way the rare horses will be linked closer with our town and when we decide to breed them everyone will already know that connection."
Indigo responds,
"I follow your thinking. My concern is that there is not yet a market in Southroad Fair. These are riding horse, not draft animals. I know the Carpenters' Guild would want our donkey and burros, but there is no need for hurry on the rest. These yearlings need another year before we even consider separating them from their mothers."

Saemund nods at Sannit's suggestion.
"Southroad Fair would become known for the quality of her mounts. Is there someone in town with talents in animal husbandry?"
Sheldon smiles at the question.
"Only us."

Indigo offers.
"That is basically the case. Maeli should have some ability with animals even though she is focused on herbs. That is really why I suggested we simply keep the animals with us until the ones we are interested in selling are ready. Between you (Saemund) and Bolo and I, we should be able to really develop some fine mounts, here."

At the bridge:
Kwargrow said:
San-Bolo greet the people in Centrin and take a moment to closely observe the others and their transportation.
GM: With the Seekers pausing to greet them, the friendly people stop their work and come to the road for some conversation. There is a Centrin man and Woman with two adolescent boys that appear to be theirs.

The Boga City Guards are a man and woman. They stand at ease, their swords sheathed and bows over their shoulders. They appear more wary of the environment away from the road than of the Seekers.

The man approaches and speaks in Centrin. He seems like the type who likes to talk. He speaks a bit too quickly, like his thoughts are running together.
"Hello! My name is Glen, Samuel Glen. This is my heartmate and our two sons. Wow, those are some fine horses. I have never seen such, before. We are planning on building a tavern, here. Travel has increased enough thanks to that Southroad Fair community that I think this will be a fine location.

My brother, Thomas, and his spouse went on down to Southroad Fair to see about purchasing some lumber. We thought we would go ahead and get started with marking the site.

Wow! That is some really fine armor you all are wearing, too. Are you traders? Where are you from? What do you trade
?"

Sheldon laughs.
"Too fast. I got most of that, though. Good to meet you. I am Sheldon. We are from Southroad Fair. We were stopping to make camp. This is a good location. We will set up across the road here so as to not interfere with your work."
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sheldon: Only us


Well if we're it, then I agree, we should keep the animals with us until they breed, although perhaps it would be prudent to hire someone to manage our interests so that we do not have to spend time raising and selling horses to the detriment of our mission.

Saemund greets the group with a smile and a nod, but doesn't say anything. He reaches out to Feroz and asks him to warn them of any approaching parties. He thanks Feroz for his assistance in keeping the Seekers safe.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 209: Doldrums 59: The Stone Bridge, part 2

Saemund greets the group with a smile and a nod, but doesn't say anything. He reaches out to Feroz and asks him to warn them of any approaching parties. He thanks Feroz for his assistance in keeping the Seekers safe.
GM: The empathy between Saemund and Feroz is in constant development, always growing as the two interact, but the range is yet much shorter than the height that the hawk flies in patrol. This is no determent, as with almost imperceptible signals, Feroz reacts, gliding down and then back up to obey commands.

With the pattern of movement of the people, Feroz deems there to be no danger from them and cries once in indication. Circling the area at range, he again perceives no dangers or other wayward people in the area, again signaling an all clear.

OOC: GM NOTE:
With the time involved with the bird and Saemund's strength, he can now have Feroz land on his armored shoulder instead of the make-shift perch, if he so desires.
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin nods to the man, and says "good to meet you. I am Vadin."

He then thinks about the horses and says, " I too think we should wait to sell any horses. It would not be wise to separate them from their mothers at this point."

He then addresses Indigo, "You mentioned that there is no market for these horses in Southroad Fair, how about at other locals?"

While camping, Vadin will try to find a suitable horse that can carry him and attempt to gain it's trust.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Explorer
San-Bolo are friendly towards the people, children, and guards. Taking this as an opportunity to improve their Centrin, they engage the tavern builders in conversation, using hand gestures to supplement the gaps in communication.

Sannit says, "A tavern is an excellent idea, although you might want to build a few spare rooms for travelers to stay in. We are just returning to Southroad Fair from Boga City. It was a wonderful journey and we much enjoyed our time in Boga. We were hoping travel would increase even more and so having places for people to stop along the way would benefit everyone." They continue to chit-chat with the people and guards, attempting to learn more about their new neighbors and encourage them to make a lasting friendship with Southroad Fair.

Turtle lumbers over and snuffles around the people. He will play with the children, if it is allowed.
 

Advertisement

Top