• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

RPGs TUW: Boga City

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Indigo Converses with Vadin

Vadin... addresses Indigo, "You mentioned that there is no market for these horses in Southroad Fair, how about at other locals?"
Indigo replies,
"I do not know. That is the problem. As Southroad Fair grows, I am sure the hunters and scouts will want to acquire horses. For them it will be a great advantage. Obviously Asylim is out of the question. We do not want to sell superior mounts to our current enemy. Boga City will likely have a good market. With Bergbaulager on the other hand, I do not think the Maldrog have a use for mounts.

We have a full year, however, just for the colts at hand, and then two more years after that for the next set. Who knows? In another years time, there may be enough wealth in Southroad Fair we need not look elsewhere to sell
."
redraider629 said:
While camping, Vadin will try to find a suitable horse that can carry him and attempt to gain it's trust.
GM: Vadin find that one of the mares will suit him and should have no difficulty carrying him once it is ready.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 209: Doldrums 59: The Stone Bridge, part 3

San-Bolo are friendly towards the people, children, and guards. Taking this as an opportunity to improve their Centrin, they engage the tavern builders in conversation, using hand gestures to supplement the gaps in communication... They continue to chit-chat with the people and guards, attempting to learn more about their new neighbors and encourage them to make a lasting friendship with Southroad Fair.
GM: The couple is quite talkative. The woman is easier to follow than the man, as she speaks more slowly. Even the guards are friendly and engage in the conversation.

It is conveyed that due to the increase in travel from the south, the couple had prospected a few weeks back for a good location to build a tavern. The Stone Bridge had seemed a perfect spot. The man and his brother and their families pooled together to pursue the venture. The guards were hired as protection in the wilds while construction is underway.

Unfortunately, they fear that the process will be slow as they must travel to acquire lumber. They could fell trees themselves in the Piney Wood, but discovering the operation of the Carpenters Guild in Southroad Fair provided a faster alternative without a great increase in cost.

Kwargrow said:
Turtle lumbers over and snuffles around the people. He will play with the children, if it is allowed.
GM: People always seem to react to Turtle as they would a dog. The obvious friendliness of the bear is readily accepted, and everyone takes to him quickly.

Later, after the conversation with the prospective proprietors, Sheldon addresses the other Seekers.
"Talking to these people has given me an idea. Obviously we still need to try to free the families of the enslaved caravaners, but I think I have a way we can seriously interfere with this oppressive operation in Asylim and improve Southroad Fair at the same time.

The fact that they need lumber gave me thought. We should travel to Asylim and recruit workers to relocated. Hear me out. I think this will work. We need to talk to the younger workers, ones who can pack up and leave. There are rice pickers and salt miners who all work outside the city walls, albeit very close. These will likely be most willing to leave, but hardest to approach.

There are also collectors for coffee and pepper in the mountains to the east, and fruit and spice collectors who travel to the jungle far up to the northwest. We should look for these people and offer them work. I would be willing to bet Clavo could double his labor force and still have plenty of work for them.

What say you
?"

OOC: Responses to this offer will determine the next step in plot development for the campaign.
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
I like the idea, although, all we really need to do is seed a rumor that there is a group of people hiring workers, and they will come to us. This way we don't need to talk to everyone. We go in dressed as laborers or poor merchants, the type of people that guards don't look at twice...although that would keep Tor and I in the background for this endeavor... and let them know there are people looking for laborers.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sannit said:
"...It was a wonderful journey and we much enjoyed our time in Boga. We were hoping travel would increase even more and so having places for people to stop along the way would benefit everyone.
Merin, to Sannit, aside: "This tavern will be closer to Boga City than to Southroad Fair. Perhaps we should suggest this idea to someone in Southroad Fair, to build another stopover at the half-way point, closer to Southroad Fair? Having two taverns along the route would help trade flow more smoothly, and perhaps encourage 'gap settlements' in-between, that could eventually grow to meet the respective cities. What do you think?"

Sheldon said:
"...We should travel to Asylim and recruit workers to relocated. [...] What say you?"
Tor and Merin both nod in agreement.

Tor adds, "That's a very good idea, let's do it and see what happens, and how much support we can get. Let's begin with the collectors in the jungle, since they are the closest to Southroad Fair."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Perhaps we should suggest this idea to someone in Southroad Fair, to build another stopover at the half-way point,
Sannit strokes his beard and replies, "Let's tell the townspeople about the tavern, but let someone come up with that idea on their own. If we suggest it to someone, and something bad happens to them, it will feel like we sent them out here."

We should travel to Asylim and recruit workers to relocated.
Sannit grins and replies, "We've been looking for an opportunity to test our Way abilities with deception and I think that is an excellent one. We can also use this trip to find out more about our rivals in Asylim."

Bolo talks with the tavern builders and attempts to educate them about what plants are helpful and harmful that grow in the area, and also what animals they may need to watch out for.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 210 - 218: Shiftings 8: Traveling South

GM: The Seekers discuss future endeavors as they travel south. Nothing significant is encountered during the next 8 days that it takes to reach Southroad Fair. The fifth day a pod of large brown beetles was noticed and 3 were collected for their carapaces.
As Doldrums ends and Shiftings begins the weather follows its climatic changes as expected. Temperatures drop some, though it is still hot, but the calm gives way to breezes but no dramatic winds. The fifth day of travel, when the beetles are noticed their is a light shower. There is also rain the last two days before reaching town.

Saemund says,
"I like the idea; although, all we really need to do is seed a rumor that there is a group of people hiring workers, and they will come to us. This way we don't need to talk to everyone. We go in dressed as laborers or poor merchants, the type of people that guards don't look at twice...although that would keep Tor and I in the background for this endeavor... and let them know there are people looking for laborers."
Sheldon replies.
"That is a good diplomatic strategy. It should work great once we reach the rice pickers and salt miners. I do not know if it will be so simple with the outliers. They will have more Ansylin Regulars on them, but we will see when the time comes."

Tor and Merin both nod in agreement.
Tor adds, "That's a very good idea, let's do it and see what happens, and how much support we can get. Let's begin with the collectors in the jungle, since they are the closest to Southroad Fair."
Indigo says,
"The jungle is good. Bolo and I can look for more medicinal herbs, as well."

Sheldon adds,
"Oo! That gives me another idea, I did not think of before. The jungle is where the silk collectors go. We would be able to hit Saucy twice. Not only can we try to recruit workers, but we can try to recruit HIS workers."

Sannit grins and replies,
"We've been looking for an opportunity to test our Way abilities with deception, and I think that is an excellent one. We can also use this trip to find out more about our rivals in Asylim."
Kwargrow said:
Bolo talks with the tavern builders and attempts to educate them about what plants are helpful and harmful that grow in the area, and also what animals they may need to watch out for.
GM: The builders and, even, the guards are grateful for the information that Bolo is able to provide.

OOC: New Collections.
3 Brown Beetle Carapaces (10% cover)
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
After checking the property and making sure their new horses are secure and comfortable, San-Bolo and Turtle have the usual meal and bath when returning to town, then go to the Boarshead to see Giodavi. After greetings, Sannit says to the Mayor, "We were able to make contact with prominent members of Boga City and we found them friendly and reasonable. One of my concerns was is if Boga would move against us in our conflict with Asylim and I am confident that will not happen." He goes on about the trade and business dealings, being completely honest about the amount for the silk, but leaves out the part about the cattle. Sannit will brag about that later to the entire tavern.

While in Southroad Fair for the four day duration, San-Bolo will visit with their friends, continue to work with their new mounts and the colts to get them used to dealing with people, perform maintenance on the guild house and property, and tell whoever will stop and listen about their trip to Boga City. San-Bolo encourage travel and trade with the larger city, and tell about the tavern being built by the stone bridge. When San-Bolo order their saddles with Raven they ask him to decorate both with two entwined black serpents of the type that provided their boots.
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
When Saemund gets back in town the first thing he does is clean Feroz' roost at the guild house. As much as is possible he conveys gratitude to the hawk and lets him know he is free to do as he wishes for four moons and that on the sunrise after the fifth moon the party will leave again. Saemund requests that Feroz accompany them.

Saemund spends time with the horse whom he has named Filo. He teaches the horse mental commands, and will continue as the group travels.
OOC: Fee-loh
.

Saemund also commissions a saddle, it will have the same runes carved into it as the runes that are carved into his axe head.
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Villager
Vadin says, "I like that idea. It might just work. I am already ready to go." While Vadin is ready to go, he takes advantage of his time in Southroad Fair. He will continue to work on training with small weapon fighting. He will also work with the mare he will ride getting him more familiar with Vadin as well as others.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 219 - 222: Shiftings 22: Town Business

After greetings, Sannit says to the Mayor... He goes on about the trade and business dealings, being completely honest about the amount for the silk, but leaves out the part about the cattle.
GM: Giodavi and Lyndha are very pleased with the news Sannit presents them, and grateful for the sell of the goods.

Kwargrow said:
Sannit will brag about (the cattle sell) later to the entire tavern.
GM: Being used to Sannit extroverted manner and bravado of exploits, the tavern is entertained by the story of the cattle, although to the Seekers, it is obvious that most think that the tell is bit of an exaggeration.

Kwargrow said:
While in Southroad Fair... San-Bolo encourage travel and trade with the larger city, and tell about the tavern being built by the stone bridge.
GM: As the Seekers return to town, the Glen brother was seen leaving with his newly acquired wagon full of lumber. Clavo is grateful to hear about this much lumber request, and conveys that his crew seem to have non-stop work, which is a boon for the town.

Kwargrow said:
When San-Bolo order their saddles with Raven they ask him to decorate both with two entwined black serpents of the type that provided their boots.
GM: San-Bolo find that not only can Swift Raven and Fallen Leaf comply with their request, the work is exquisite. Having collected the skins from a few small snakes, when the design is added to the stirrup straps, it appears as if two live snakes have entwined to climb toward the saddle.

OOC: The saddles cost 400 clams each. San-Bolo feel they are well worth the cost, and the party can afford it.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 219 - 222: Shiftings 19 - 22: Town Business, part 2

When Saemund gets back in town the first thing he does is clean Feroz' roost at the guild house. As much as is possible he conveys gratitude to the hawk and lets him know he is free to do as he wishes for four moons and that on the sunrise after the fifth moon the party will leave again. Saemund requests that Feroz accompany them.
GM: Feroz picks around his roost, making minute adjustments to straw and twigs. Understanding that he has some time to himself, he always finds that small rodents are plentiful around town. He eyes the fat chickens scratching about, from time to time, but remembers that they are not to be eaten. He is content with the rodents. It is easier to get the meat anyway, without all those feathers.

Sylvar B. said:
Saemund spends time with the horse whom he has named Filo. He teaches the horse mental commands, and will continue as the group travels.
GM: Saemund finds delight in working with his new mount. The beautiful stallion seems rather content with the company. In just the few short days, the horses can already be trusted without a tether.

Sylvar B. said:
Saemund also commissions a saddle, it will have the same runes carved into it as the runes that are carved into his axe head.
GM: Like with the saddles commissioned by San-Bolo, the workmanship is exquisite. Saemund is quite pleased with the results.

OOC: Cost: 400 clams.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Posting for Tellerian Hawke

When the Seekers return to town, Merin and Tor stop by the Tanner and each commission a standard saddle to be made, having not yet decided as to what particular design they would like to have added and knowing that it can be added at a later time.

They will each spend time working with their chosen mounts and some with the colts, just to insure familiarity with the yearlings.

Tor speaks with Giodavi, Clavo, and a few others to see if any minor smithing needs to be done and will repair anything in need that he is able. He enjoys working with the metal and tinkers with trying to actual fabricate a drawing knife, hoping to improve his skill.

Merin looks over the party inventory and discusses with the other Seekers what items should be traded. He will also take some time each day to visit Lyndha and work to improve his literacy with Ansylin. He will also visit the Herbalist Shop to spend some time, in particular, speaking with Indigo's mother and grandfather to improve his knowledge of the Rheini language.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 219 - 222: Shiftings 9 - 12: Town Business, part 3

When the Seekers return to town, Merin and Tor stop by the Tanner and each commission a standard saddle to be made, having not yet decided as to what particular design they would like to have added and knowing that it can be added at a later time.
OOC: Cost: 200 clams, each

Tellerian Hawke said:
Tor speaks with Giodavi, Clavo, and a few others to see if any minor smithing needs to be done and will repair anything in need that he is able. He enjoys working with the metal and tinkers with trying to actual fabricate a drawing knife, hoping to improve his skill.
GM: Tor is able to make adequate repairs to several tools. Even though he is able to manufacture a drawing knife, he is not yet satisfied with the result.

Tellerian Hawke said:
Merin looks over the party inventory and discusses with the other Seekers what items should be traded.
OOC: All unneeded inventory, including the pack animals, are traded for 1323 clams of town credit.

Y 0: D223 - 227: Shiftings 13 - 17: Departing:
Weather:
As a relief from the heat of the Doldrums, there is a persistent breeze coming from the northwest. The days are clear, moderately hot, with no rain.

Travel:
After only a day of uneventful travel, the Seekers discover some large brown spiders using the roadway as a hunting spot. The spiders are barely even an inconvenience, especially since traveling by horseback offers no real food opportunity for the vermin.

After three more days, Feroz cries vehemently from his scouting flight high in the skies. Within seconds a large shadow runs along the ground crossing the line of travel. The shadow does not quite appear to be avian, and in fact, scanning the skies the source of the shadow is discovered making winged passes. The beast is reptilian not avian and a chill runs along everyone's spines as nothing of this sort as ever before been seen.

It's flights is about half way between the ground and the height at which Feroz flies. It's attention appears to be on the trailing colts, and with the size of this monster, it could definitely take one. To make matters worse the beast cries, sounding remarkably similar the the hawk, and a second one flies from the direction of the mountains of the east to join the circling.

OOC: Make new % rolls for any interaction. The beast are definitely a threat and seem fully intent on swooping down at the colts.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
If San-Bolo are close enough to the colts they will call them to their side and take up a defensive position. San-Bolo will increase their motility with Way.

Sannit will strike with his spear at any of the pair of opponents that comes close enough.

Since these are reptilian, Bolo will reduce the temperature of her arrow heads to freezing and shoot an arrow at her best opportunity.

Turtle will roar back at the winged lizards as if to say, "If I can't eat them, you can't either."
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund waves off Feroz, using the hand signal for stay away. Feroz stays away for the moment. However, once the winged lizards are engaged with the people, if the opportunity presents itself he will swoop in a attempt to gouge the one of the lizard's eyes.

Saemund will dismount near the colts wishing he had a weapon that could be wielded from horseback. He signals Filo to join the other animals.
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Villager
Vadin runs back to the colts, and draws his sword ready to defend the them. If the beast gets close enough, Vadin will attack as quickly as possible.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will ride over to the colts, and draw their bows; both of them remain mounted. Both intend to fire their bows at extreme range, concentrating fire on whichever one takes the lead. If they stay even with each other, or if they split up, both of them will target the one on the right. When they get within Way range, both of them will drop their bows. Tor will then use Thermal attack (cold), while Merin intends to use Thermal (heat) augmented with the Phoenix feather.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Merin Reacts

[sblock=Bow Range]
Adjustment+100+500-50-100-200
RangePBShortMediumLongGreatExtreme
Recurve Bow0 - 11 - 33 - 66 - 1212 - 2424 - 48
Strength Bow0 - 22 - 44 - 88 - 1616 - 3232 - 64
Distance is listed in paces.
[/sblock]
Merin and Tor will ride over to the colts, and draw their bows; both of them remain mounted. Both intend to fire their bows at extreme range, concentrating fire on whichever one takes the lead. If they stay even with each other, or if they split up, both of them will target the one on the right.
[sblock=Reaction]
Merin: 42(Impetus) + 53(Sequence) + 100(d100) = 195 - 200(bow) = -5
Lizrads: 0(Impetus) + 42(Sequence) + 64(d100) = 106[/sblock]
GM: Merin reacts much more quickly than anyone else. He immediately notices two things: the winged lizards are not quite as large as first expected, but there are 8 of them, not 2. Staring into the bright sky likely caused the initial error.

Moving his mount toward the trailing colts, at his first attempt to fire his bow at extreme range, he instantly realizes that the horses are not yet ready for such and quickly dismounts.

[sblock=Attacking]
Merin: 48(Projection) + 53(Trajectory) + 50(Launch) + 100(d100) + 93(luck) - 200(range) = 144
Lizard: 0 (Konokoro) + 16(Defensiveness) + 64(d100) = 80
Damage: 144 - 80 = 64% * 20 = 13 - 14(deflect) = -1: ineffective[/sblock]
GM: With considerable luck, Merin manages to actually hit one of the winged beasts at over 40 paces out (~240'). Unfortunately, the arrow simply bounces off the tough hide. As soon as the arrow makes contact, the lizards separate, making the knowledge of their number unmistakable. Before Merin can draw and fire a second time, the beasts have covered another 32 paces in flight, bringing their distance to 16 paces (~96'), which is still at great range. (penalty - 100)

[sblock=Firing Second Arrow]
Merin: 244
Lizard: 80
Damage: 244 - 80 = 164% * 20 = 33 - 14 = 19
Body: 10 - 19 = -9: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 9 = 1: severely dazed[/sblock]
GM: As Merin's second arrow takes flight, his luck is still with him and invokes an incredible result. One of the beasts falls from the sky. The rests will have had opportunity to strike before Merin can attempt to manipulate Way. Their speed in flight is about equal to the speed these horses could move upon the ground.

OOC: San-Bolo and Turtle react next.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
D 227: Shiftings 17: San-Bolo React

If San-Bolo are close enough to the colts they will call them to their side and take up a defensive position. San-Bolo will increase their motility with Way.

Turtle will roar back at the winged lizards as if to say, "If I can't eat them, you can't either."
[sblock=Reaction Time]
Sannit: 31(Impetus) + 53(Sequence) + 98(d100) = 182 - 100 = 82
Bolo: 38(Sequence + 50(Sequence) + 98(d100) = 186 - 100 = 86
Turtle: 0(Impetus) + 43(Sequence) + 98(d100) = 141[/sblock]
GM: Turtle roars as San-Bolo call the colts toward them. San-Bolo touch and effect 1 colt each.

[sblock=Stimulate:]
Range: Touch
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will +
  • Collegiate + Academic / Theologic
This active task increases the natural rate of recovery for the loss of Motility or can temporarily increase the effective Motility, if performed on the uninjured. The duration of such is one minute per cumulative Health ability.
[/B]Sannit: 60(effect) + 98(d100) + 34(luck) = 192
Bolo: 69(effect) + 98(d100) + 34(luck) = 201[/sblock]
GM: Sannit is able to augment the motility of one of the colts by 292%, which will last for 20 minutes. Bolo is able to augment the motility of one of the colts by 301%, which will last for 19 minutes. At these speeds the two colts can easily out maneuver the threat.

Kwargrow said:
Since these are reptilian, Bolo will reduce the temperature of her arrow heads to freezing and shoot an arrow at her best opportunity.
[sblock=Cool:]
Affect / Range: Essence + Confluence
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will +
  • Collegiate + Academic
This active task causes the intended target to lose body heat unnaturally, thereby causing physical harm (loss of Body). This can also be used to extinguish a medium size fire.
Bolo: 67(effect) + 98(d100) + 34(luck) = 199
Lizard: 30(Conditioning) + 84(d100) = 114 * 2(cold blooded) = 228[/sblock]
[sblock=First Arrow]
Bolo: 38(Projection) + 50(Trajectory) + 58(Launch) + 98(d100) + 34(luck) = 278
Lizard: 0(Konokoro) + 16(Defensiveness) + 84(d100) = 100
Damage: 278 - 100 = 178% * 15 = 27 - 14(deflect) = 13
Body: 10 - 13 = -3: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 3 = 7: dazed[/sblock]
GM: By the time Bolo is able to ready and fire her first arrow, the lizards are already within short range. Her arrow flies true, taking one of the beasts from the sky.

Kwargrow said:
Sannit will strike with his spear at any of the opponents that comes close enough.
GM: With the colts being called into the group to better protect them, one of the winged lizards swoops in near enough for Sannit to thrust his spear at it. Just before closing enough for Sannit to strike, the lizard sprays a stream of spit at him from a gland under its tongue.

[sblock=Dementia]
Lizard: 60(effect) + 84(d100) = 144
Sannit: 29(Skeptic) + 31(Tranquility) + 98(d100) + 34(luck) = 192[/sblock]
GM: Sannit feels no effect from the toxic saliva. His mare beside is not so fortunate. Being fully overcome with dementia, it will being to wander away aimlessly.

[sblock=Attacking]
Sannit: 32(Fury) + 53(Lethality) + 77(Spear) + 98(d100) + 34(luck) = 294
Lizard: 0(Konokoro) + 16(Defensiveness) + 52(Defend) + 84(d100) = 152
Damage: 294 - 152 = 142% * 22 = 31 - 14(deflect) = 17
Body: 10 - 17 = -7: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 7 = 3: dazed[/sblock]
GM: As the lizard closes, Sannit, ignoring the spray, thrust his spear deeply into the beasts underside, turning with the direction of the flight, he is pleased to deposit the threat upon the ground with the single blow. As soon as it lands on its back, Turtle clamps his might jaw upon its neck, instinctively making sure it is dead.
[MENTION=6861789]redraider629[/MENTION]
Vadin reacts next.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top